• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

shaowebb

Remember, just having anti-virus software isn't enough to keep the government from spying on you.

If yall wont sit through my long posts on game systems and development pipelines Uncle Sam aint gotta chance lol.

EDIT: BTW dont forget people that tonight at 10pm EST is the Punch the Ballot TVC tournament!
https://www.twitch.tv/gunraidan

http://challonge.com/punchtheballot17

The bracket is starting to fill up so sign up. It already lured in TVC top players Kbeast,Lgrinta, and MagnomanX so its bound to be a good show.

notworksafe

vPqPIif.png

shaowebb

Learning new Maori stuff for the Arcana tourney this weekend. Trying to pick an arcana to extend her ground combos. May resort to Fire Arcana to make what I got hit harder and to lend me mashable A's in extend force instead of lengthening this one thing with a new move. Decisions decisions...

Time for bed.

Learning new Maori stuff for the Arcana tourney this weekend. Trying to pick an arcana to extend her ground combos. May resort to Fire Arcana to make what I got hit harder and to lend me mashable A's in extend force instead of lengthening this one thing with a new move. Decisions decisions...

Time for bed.

Flower might be good for laming it out with her. Rather good arcana in general too.

Line_HTX

Incoming shitty SFV commercials on TBS during baseball games just like cringey CSGO commercials...

E: They'll more likely show up during the NCAA Tournament as well.

DansGame

The CSGO Eleague seasons and major were great and very professional so I think this could be a good boost to SFV.
The only problem with it is it being invitational and happening along side Combo Breaker and Kumite (More so Kumite since that is also invitational)

And if this does well maybe the people behind Eleague will look into adding more fighting games.
no anime games tho :)

Shouta

So 3 big events on the same weekend? Red Bull Kumite, that E-league thing and Combo Breaker? Man, talk about a crowded weekend.

Saturation is pretty much at critical levels, heh.

So 3 big events on the same weekend? Red Bull Kumite, that E-league thing and Combo Breaker? Man, talk about a crowded weekend.

Man, even with what should be a completely positive announcement, SFV still manages to step on its own feet a little bit.

Combo Breaker, despite the premiere event status, will now resemble more of a mid-level US ranking event (just in terms of the SFV bracket). I have no idea what RBK will look like now.

Sayad

Man, even with what should be a completely positive announcement, SFV still manages to step on its own feet a little bit.

Combo Breaker, despite the premiere event status, will now resemble more of a mid-level US ranking event (just in terms of the SFV bracket). I have no idea what RBK will look like now.

ELeague finals could just be top 4(considering how long it is just for 32 players), RBK and CB is where the real clash would happen.

Tripon

Saturation is pretty much at critical levels, heh.
Shouta, I'm officially asking for a title extension for threads titles. Throw me a solid man.

shaowebb

Flower might be good for laming it out with her. Rather good arcana in general too.

I'm not actually trying to lame it out with her. I'm looking to extend combos since I feel I can really utilize her setups and such. Her jump in DP can cause some neat left rights plus her summons and odd ball high lows make her pretty nice on pressure. The armor with Earth is how she typically makes it safe, but I just feel like I can use her strong ground combo stuff with her vajra like move to dump folks back into more ground combo after the lasso launcher. Generally 3A, 5B, 6B some form of C lasso, vajra to knock em back down and do it again. Its feeling like I need a particular arcana to make the links easier in case I followup before the lasso launches them and want to extend prior to the ending sequence. Especially since the super version of Vajra hits multiple and is a better ender than what I can typically get after normal heavy Vajra stuff (unless I get a good Arcana super).

Basically Im modifying this because it seems like it falls apart on damage after the launcher so I wanna extend the ground portion before lasso to make a nice simple and consistent bnb to go to that I can either finish with a bar, extend force, or just leave raw after the knockdown to allow for resets. Its a nice combo with built in left rights and high low stuff.
https://giant.gfycat.com/PossibleChubbyBlackfly.webm

I tried hucking vines but Scharlochrott she aint with that whip paired with vines to Bionic Commando pull em back to her. Gonna try Fire and Lightning since its easy to net more hits with both. If I ever do go spam with her though I'll go water. Them waterfalls popping plus her summons would be a helluva needle to thread.

ELeague finals could just be top 4(considering how long it is just for 32 players), RBK and CB is where the real clash would happen.

Oh ok, I guess if that's the case, the conflict is not so bad. But then it becomes tricky for players in the top 32 to arrange plans for CB or RBK, if they don't know if they'll still be in ELeague or not that weekend.

That weekend will be like a stream monster's wet dream.
For sure. Monsters get out your poopsocks that you usually just need for EVO.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm not a big fan of all these events being on the same day/weekend. Personally I want the best competition to be available at one given tournament.

Top Bottom