• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

shaowebb

Just a reminder...
FEB 25th 3 FREE COPIES OF ULTIMATE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 PC

How do you get one? Simple, The Top 3 players win free Mahvel in the...
DOLPHIN NETPLAY TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM QUARTERLY PRIZE FIGHT TOURNAMENT!

..get copies of Marvel.

Its Tahvel for Mahvel baby!

Feb 25th 4pm EST
http://tvcnetplay.challonge.com/PRZFT1

https://giant.gfycat.com/AromaticScholarlyKrill.webm

Dont wanna compete (because Christ Almighty there Fadedrevolution what the hell even was that punish!?) but still wanna watch all that good TVC? Tune in at the twitch channel this Saturday Feb 25th at 4pm EST. We also do normal tournies every Saturday.
https://www.twitch.tv/tvc_netplay

Dont know how to setup TVC for Dolphin to play and compete? Need help learning the game? Want pointers? Wanna call Soki a Dynasty Warriors character and Troll Chubby for unsafe tags? We got you fam.

Join in on the Discord Chat here for all your TVC community needs.

Numb

Just a reminder...
FEB 25th 3 FREE COPIES OF ULTIMATE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 PC

How do you get one? Simple, The Top 3 players win free Mahvel in the...

..get copies of Marvel.

Its Tahvel for Mahvel baby!

Feb 25th 4pm EST
http://tvcnetplay.challonge.com/PRZFT1

https://giant.gfycat.com/AromaticScholarlyKrill.webm

Dont wanna compete (because Christ Almighty there Fadedrevolution what the hell even was that punish!?) but still wanna watch all that good TVC? Tune in at the twitch channel this Saturday Feb 25th at 4pm EST. We also do normal tournies every Saturday.
https://www.twitch.tv/tvc_netplay

Dont know how to setup TVC for Dolphin to play and compete? Need help learning the game? Want pointers? Wanna call Soki a Dynasty Warriors character and Troll Chubby for unsafe tags? We got you fam.

Join in on the Discord Chat here for all your TVC community needs.
ryu
giphy.gif

shaowebb

Don't worry bout it. I'm free too but still compete. My schedule got swapped this week and I wont be home till 7pm tomorrow but I show up and play these and its all good. The discord, chat and stream are all a regular feel good blast. Folks do ridiculous shit on the weekly from everyone rocking Soki to Magnoman and Kbeast playing as each others team and trolling the streamers into changing the names repeatedly on who is playing to. Dem confusion trollings were great.

Show up, play and learn along with the rest and then if you get put out the tourney enjoy the rest and stream monster with the rest of us.

I know right? Who in the fuck confirms a 100% baroque combo by getting themselves hit with a super? Shit was bizarro as hell and Faded had to be laughing his ass off for somehow falling through and getting that.

Thanks for the read, wishing them all the best.

Things do sound pretty grim for the game in Japan though.

I wonder if the "arcade but not really arcade we'll see with Taito Station" version of SF5 is still planned to be honest. Went to Japan last november and everyone was playing Tekken 7, Gundam and USF4 in arcades.

Thanks for the read, wishing them all the best.

Things do sound pretty grim for the game in Japan though.

Game isn't doing that bad from a competitive point of view even though the article states OW or LOL is doing better over there. SF is still the biggest competitive game in Japan with the most pro players, stream views, and big personalities. I don't think any other game compares in the Japanese esports scene.

Also, the article implies that Momochi isn't doing well when he's really successful in SFV. I mean he's not the same as he was in Ultra, but that top 2-3 spot changes almost every 2 years or so. As long as you're clearly part of that upper god level, I think a player is doing fine.

BadWolf

I wonder if the "arcade but not really arcade we'll see with Taito Station" version of SF5 is still planned to be honest. Went to Japan last november and everyone was playing Tekken 7, Gundam and USF4 in arcades.

Has there been no further news about the arcade version of SFV since the announcement?

The arcade version for it and KOFXIV were announced at the same time iirc. XIV had its arcade location test earlier this month in Japan.

Game isn't doing that bad from a competitive point of view even though the article states OW or LOL is doing better over there. SF is still the biggest competitive game in Japan with the most pro players, stream views, and big personalities. I don't think any other game compares in the Japanese esports scene.

Also, the article implies that Momochi isn't doing well when he's really successful in SFV. I mean he's not the same as he was in Ultra, but that top 2-3 spot changes almost every 2 years or so. As long as you're clearly part of that upper god level, I think a player is doing fine.

That's good to hear, thanks.

Fuck, wish i was in the US. I'm always down for some TvC but no one is playing that game in Europe v_v

I've been training with my newly acquired Hitbox for a few days now... It's hard to get used to the directional layout. I need to find a good training method.

shaowebb

Fuck, wish i was in the US. I'm always down for some TvC but no one is playing that game in Europe v_v

I've been training with my newly acquired Hitbox for a few days now... It's hard to get used to the directional layout. I need to find a good training method.

Join the discord! We got EU players and they are legit. Obiiwan is from Croatia and is fantastic! We're actually hoping to expand our various regions so we can do region tournies that feel smooth for everyone. EU needs ya man.

Join the discord! We got EU players and they are legit. Obiiwan is from Croatia and is fantastic! We're actually hoping to expand our various regions so we can do region tournies that feel smooth for everyone. EU needs ya man.

Wow, that's great. Joining the Discord, hope i'll be able to play with some EU fellas over the weekend ! I guess there is some sort of tutorial on which Dolphin version i should get on the Discord ?

shaowebb

Wow, that's great. Joining the Discord, hope i'll be able to play with some EU fellas over the weekend ! I guess there is some sort of tutorial on which Dolphin version i should get on the Discord ?

Its all in "Resources" on the discord. Feel free to chat it up in general. Folks are always eager to help a new face.

shaowebb

Got an answer on how the hell FadedRevolution's Ryu fell outta that super and walked around inside it to 100% combo Chun li.

THAT MOVE IS HARD CODED TO ONLY HIT 14 TIMES

...before she hit Ryu she had done 7 hits to an assist. Daaaaaaaaayum that is some situational awareness. Not a glitch. Literally confirmed into a 100% kill combo by leapin into that super. Fed him the red bar for the baroque boosted damage and everything.

CurlyW

I'm a little confused by this example, since one of the stated goals of 3-out was to reduce instances of double jeopardy in pools. What it seems like you're effectively doing instead is just moving losers finals to the last day (as well as giving the 3rd place player one more loss before elimination). What changes in this situation?

The terminology is a little confusing, since it's not really 1st/2nd/3rd place of the pool. I added a little guide in the description, but for the record, this is how it is:

"1st place" is actually the winner of Winners Finals of the pool
"2nd place" is actually the loser of Winners Finals of the pool
"3rd place" is actually the winner of Losers Semifinals of the pool

The winner of losers semifinals isn't getting an additional life, it's still lose twice and you're out.

Idea is that instead of the WF loser vs. the LSF winner (as it would be if pool losers finals was played), the WF loser will play the LSF winner of a different pool in Top 24/48, while the LSF winner will play a of a different pool.

The terminology is a little confusing, since it's not really 1st/2nd/3rd place of the pool. I added a little guide in the description, but for the record, this is how it is:

The winner of losers semifinals isn't getting an additional life, it's still lose twice and you're out.

Idea is that instead of the WF loser vs. the LSF winner (as it would be if pool losers finals was played), the WF loser will play the LSF winner of a different pool in Top 24/48, while the LSF winner will play a of a different pool.

has there been other tournaments thatve done this or you guys the first foray into the field. Any pubmed articles on it?

CurlyW

has there been other tournaments thatve done this or you guys the first foray into the field. Any pubmed articles on it?

It's been implemented at a bunch of Smash Bros. community tournaments over the past year or so. Genesis, The Big House, Pound, Super Smash Con all used it.

shaowebb

Made some TVC Bingo cards for folks to use and reuse if they wanna stream monster harder. The things on these cards are pretty troll or ridiculous things in TVC so no telling how many tournies it'll take till a BINGO happens if folks play.

The most shenanigan of wins...Double KO with Bird Missiles lol.

I also got back to Tatsunoko thanks to shaowebb. best decision I've made all my life.
just trying stuff in training mode is really fun, and Tatsunoko was a big part of my childhood.

Made some TVC Bingo cards for folks to use and reuse if they wanna stream monster harder. The things on these cards are pretty troll or ridiculous things in TVC so no telling how many tournies it'll take till a BINGO happens if folks play.

The most shenanigan of wins...Double KO with Bird Missiles lol.

I legit was reading with anticipation looking for bird missiles

LttP: I bought Soul Calibur the other week and finally got around to setting up my PS3 to give it a whirl. I haven't played a 3D fighter since Soul Calibur 2 and I felt clueless when I finally had a play. Are there any good tutorials or characters guides for SC5 online?

Are matches 1-8 in your sample bracket not actually seeded correctly, then? You're still having the WF loser and the LSF winner of the same pool play each other in the first round.

As for the extra life thing, previously, the WF loser and LSF winner would play in <Losers Finals of Pools>, and one of the two would go home as a result of that match. Now, the WF loser of one pool and the LSF winner of another pool play in <Round 1 of Top 24>, and the loser gets knocked down to <Losers Round 1 of Top 24> instead of being eliminated.

CurlyW

Are matches 1-8 in your sample bracket not actually seeded correctly, then? You're still having the WF loser and the LSF winner of the same pool play each other in the first round.

As for the extra life thing, previously, the WF loser and LSF winner would play in <Losers Finals of Pools>, and one of the two would go home as a result of that match. Now, the WF loser of one pool and the LSF winner of another pool play in <Round 1 of Top 24>, and the loser gets knocked down to <Losers Round 1 of Top 24> instead of being eliminated.

Those matches aren't actually "real". They're just to set up the final bracket correctly. No different from any other final bracket on challonge (example: http://combobreaker.challonge.com/2016_ggxrd)

This is how it would look on Smash.gg: https://smash.gg/tournament/super-smash-con-2016/events/melee-singles/brackets/59541

Those matches aren't actually "real". They're just to set up the final bracket correctly. No different from any other final bracket on challonge (example: http://combobreaker.challonge.com/2016_ggxrd)

This is how it would look on Smash.gg: https://smash.gg/tournament/super-smash-con-2016/events/melee-singles/brackets/59541

Okay, I see now. Challonge needs to get its shit together techwise cause it seems like competitors have been springing up at a record pace recently.

Top Bottom