• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | 4/20-26 | Beowulf Wrasslin', Mewtwo Smashin', Netkode Krashin

El Sabroso

Tekken 7 stream.

According to Mike Z it's specific to the way that MKX does local multiplayer profiles. idk what that means exactly but it sounds like it's patchable

just might be, he mentioned that MKX requires to sign in with a profile each controller gets connected, which in GGXrd for example, is not present, just a profile for all the game saving, and not dependent on each controller

Ferrio

Banned
vfIw2w3.png

shaowebb

The Lin Kuei Grandmaster vs Quan Chi and the Zero Issue Boyz?

Aris keeps talking about how Quan Chi is great against Sub-Zero. Super interested to see this.

Quan's tools tend to let him ignore the ice clone shenanigans that Sub Zero has. He can just reach through the clone most times.

I think it's twitch that gives out the options for quality control.

Stream 2 seemed to have 1 hiccup earlier but has been smooth otherwise on the streamer's end.

Is it the Tekken 7 stream or the Seattle Tekken stream?

Well regardless because SeattleTekken doesnt have them I literally can't watch this tournament. It's very disheartening.

shaowebb

man that ice clone pressure looked rough

It is. You can really mess folks over in the corner with it and use it both to augment runaway zoning and just general space control. Even messes with jump ins. Its not busted but it can be frustrating if you don't watch for it enough. If you got good projectiles, or teleports it messes with him.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
r3dgy D'vorah seem so slow after watching sonicfox D'vorah on Bar Battles a little while ago.

Also didn't expect MKX to have so much more viewers than SF, it being on the alt stream all. Nice

shaowebb

This is where what I've been saying comes true. FChamp doesn't have a very deep Kano and is getting exposed by Tom Brady who is both a good player with a great counterpick due to slide getting him in and ice clone messing with him getting back out.

EDIT: LOL! And an Xray just to stick it to him too. Told you. Fchamp is pretty free and over reliant on his knives.

shaowebb

Damn rip Champ. That ice clone pressure is so nice. Didn't even realize you can grab into it

Just remember to counterpick Sub Zero any teleporter messes with him. He's got great frontal pressure and ways to stay in but get him to whif or get behind him and he can't shake you too easily without meter getting thrown a lot.

A lot of the Capcom players aren't doing the fundamental stuff that is available in MKX. Stuff like:

- d+4, run, mixup
- punishing
- non-uppercut anti-airs
- backdash on wakeup

shaowebb

Yo Wonderchef sent Tom to losers! Great stuff there. Shows that Sub Zero IS NOT BROKEN and folks need to learn how to play the matchup.

You can see that NRS learned a ton from Injustice. The MKX characters feel so much more fleshed out and interesting than they did in MK9. I am really not a fan of EX moves in general, but EX armor leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Otherwise, this is shaping up to be a solid game.

Edit: MKX over, what other streams are up? I don't see the usual OP for this tournament.

fader

You can see that NRS learned a ton from Injustice. The MKX characters feel so much more fleshed out and interesting than they did in MK9. I am really not a fan of EX moves in general, but EX armor leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Otherwise, this is shaping up to be a solid game.

Edit: MKX over, what other streams are up? I don't see the usual OP for this tournament.

Injustice died for our sins so we can have MKX

Guilty Gear

street fighter

kitzkozan

Yeah, this should easily be the best MK game from a competitive standpoint. I wanted to wait for the complete edition before buying it, but I may run out of patience since it seems like a fun FG to play.

Beats

Skullgirls will be up on the same stream soon.

There's also Xrd here: http://www.twitch.tv/logichole

Not sure what else.

M_A_C

Aris on commentary for literally 1 second and they are leaving MKX pool 4 with Chris G and going to skullgirls? Really?

petghost

Banned
Watching skullgirls at nwm and man this looks way better than how I remember it in regards to overly long combos etc. Think I might buy it and give it a chance.

Top Bottom