• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | 4/20-26 | Beowulf Wrasslin', Mewtwo Smashin', Netkode Krashin

AAK

bGzCv08.jpg

What happened this morning?

Someone hit the home button in the first match of the stream.

Duxxy3

Someone hit the home button in the first match of the stream.

Yeah I'm watching justin on stream now. This is a mess. Need multiple controllers for one person.

Hopefully Sony gets this shit fixed. Fighting games absolutely require good legacy support.

"Hilde is probably gonna be the worst character in the game"

Anyone got similar statements like this for what would become top tier characters in games?

Not for fighting games, but reading old card evaluation threads for Reveillark and Bitterblossom during the Morningtide spoiler season in late 2007, early 2008 was hilarious. People were saying they were maybe good in casual play and as bombs in draft. But Constructed tournaments? Meh, not worth it.

The cards came to define the Standard format for the rest of its existence. The degree of misevaluation is like calling ST fireballs, 3S parry or KOF hops "gimmicks".

Jwong is KILLING it! I'm telling you, he's winning MKX.

Edit: ...And he loses as I say this. Oh well, loser's bracket will just unleash the Wong factor for rest of tourney.

smurfx

get some go again
hey shouta is the college still throttling the internet? khaos stream looks pretty bad. can somebody post the schedule?

Accoun

hey shouta is the college still throttling the internet? khaos stream looks pretty bad.

Tekken (7) stream barely works, if at all. Seattletekken doesn't work great for me (still better), but it might be my connection since it's source-only.

shaowebb

Jwong is KILLING it! I'm telling you, he's winning MKX.

I just dont see it. When Sonic Fox bodies guys you go neck and neck with its more than just abusing a single setup. Its simply outplaying the person. He's gonna do well, but I see folks like Sonic Fox, Pig of the Hut, MIT, and Perfect Legend as your real threats in MKX so far. Still waiting to see how Reo, 16bit, Revolver, and Rico Suave do soon. They're scary, but I think each does best if they have the right character and it sometimes takes folks in that crowd a bit to find a main that suits them I think. Rico and 16 bit though tend to impress me the most on how well they can just out fundamental around any gaps in who they choose to main if their character doesn't completely suit them yet.

I just dont see it. When Sonic Fox bodies guys you go neck and neck with its more than just abusing a single setup. Its simply outplaying the person. He's gonna do well, but I see folks like Sonic Fox, Pig of the Hut, MIT, and Perfect Legend as your real threats in MKX so far. Still waiting to see how Reo, 16bit, Revolver, and Rico Suave do soon. They're scary, but I think each does best if they have the right character and it sometimes takes folks in that crowd a bit to find a main that suits them I think. Rico and 16 bit though tend to impress me the most on how well they can just out fundamental around any gaps in who they choose to main if their character doesn't completely suit them yet.

if i enter tournaments I would just use kitana. I am not planning on entering any majors though.

hwateber

Is justin just not going for the most damaging combos or is the damage discrepancy really that big between Kung jin and raiden? Sorry, I haven't followed MKX too much

shaowebb

if i enter tournaments I would just use kitana. I am not planning on entering any majors though.

I am so sorry. Lol JK
Its too early to pass judgment on her yet just like Catwoman. She's just not easy mode is all I see so far.

Just found out Sonicfox isn't at this though. Any of the big guns besides Reo in attendance for this?

Guys I'm looking for:
Sonic Fox (nope)
Pig of the Hut
MIT
DJT
Perfect Legend
Reo (yes)
16bit (nope.)
Revolver
Rico Suave

Myn

Anyways, Ogawa in all reality should put on the most dominant performance you will ever see for NA GG. Remember when Souji came to NEC for Blazblue and from when he got off the plane to when he got back on it he just didn't lose? Expectations are around there. I have some mild hope that maybe somebody Elphelts him or something nuts happens, but if he plays as stable as usual he should plow through everybody.

It's quite a treat to see the best in Japan come out to majors for ASW games outside of Evo, since it's usually just 1-2 players traveling out. I remember back in 2010 when Satoshi came here randomly for BBCS and made all the top US players at the time look like they didn't know how to play. I think he had a fever throughout the tournament too.

The Light

I am so sorry. Lol JK
Its too early to pass judgment on her yet just like Catwoman. She's just not easy mode is all I see so far.

Just found out Sonicfox isn't at this though. Any of the big guns besides Reo in attendance for this?

Guys I'm looking for:
Sonic Fox (nope)
Pig of the Hut
MIT
DJT
Perfect Legend
Reo (yes)
16bit (nope.)
Revolver
Rico Suave
None of the guys who you are looking for are there it seems.
Brackets: http://nwm7.challonge.com/

I am so sorry. Lol JK

I think no matter how good or bad Kitana is I could place top 8 at EVO with her.

Slayer could do really well here. He is playing Kung Jin and is supposedly practicing hella.

shaowebb

None of the guys who you are looking for are there it seems.
Brackets: http://nwm7.challonge.com/

Tom Brady
Wonderchef
Nerd Josh
Honzo Gonzo
Chris G
Shujinkydink
Rio

...those are the only names I really see there. Okay Justin Wong has a shot at this tourney. I can see Reo beating him though. Or Wonderchef if he doesn't overthink himself.

All in all though this tourney doesn't have a lot of the MKX mainstays at it. :(

jwhit28

Kojikog is getting a lot of screen time on the USFIV stream. His T.Hawk vs Crackfiend's Rog right now and T. Hawk is killing it.

kitzkozan

Tom Brady
Wonderchef
Nerd Josh
Honzo Gonzo
Chris G
Shujinkydink
Rio

...those are the only names I really see there. Okay Justin Wong has a shot at this tourney. I can see Reo beating him though. Or Wonderchef if he doesn't overthink himself.

All in all though this tourney doesn't have a lot of the MKX mainstays at it. :(

Lol, Arturo Sanchez not getting any respect I see. :p He went 10/11 with Justin Wong recently, so he could potentially take him out.

shaowebb

Lol, Arturo Sanchez not getting any respect I see. :p He went 10/11 with Justin Wong recently, so he could potentially take him out.

I just dont see Arturo as a guy who stays consistent at tournies. He always seems to bobble a match for some reason. He's a top guy,but I see him as someone with potential to lose to anyone in Top 8 because he just overcommits sometimes.
Combo Breaker is expected to have a lot of MK killers

Time and date :)

I just dont see Arturo as a guy who stays consistent at tournies. He always seems to bobble a match for some reason. He's a top guy,but I see him as someone with potential to lose to anyone in Top 8 because he just overcommits sometimes.

Time and date :)

You listed Honzo Gonzo over Arturo Sanchez...

MrDaravon

Yeah, the stream quality is not very good. I can't even watch it fullscreen on my monitor, much less on my tv. Was planning on running it on my monitor while I was playing some online games with friends in a little bit, but that's definitely not happening :(

Shouta

What's the issue with the streams? From the streamer's end, it seems to be OK, they're not dropping frames. It is choppy or something?

Top Bottom