• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | 4/20-26 | Beowulf Wrasslin', Mewtwo Smashin', Netkode Krashin

shaowebb

Cassie really should have had a way to deal with zoning rather than having her useless upkick special.

Depends on her variation really. Mainly I see folks just ducking, jumping, or blocking then running up on various zoners with her. Not really trying to out offense them.

Shouta

What was the delay with pools starting?

I think we had late entries, we were making sure setups were good to go, and we had to get internet stuff resolved as well. It's basically a combination of a few things here and there that added up.

Rog got destroyed by that Kotal.

Keeps cutting for me.

I'll check with the streamer and see. It might just be the twitch server you're on.

kitzkozan

Cassie really should have had a way to deal with zoning rather than having her useless upkick special.

That doesn't excuse PR Balrog brutal performance, if you can even call it that lol. I'm sure Reo wouldn't get himself zoned out like that with Cassie, and Rog attempt at using Cassie's air gun attack was a joke. Easily one of his worst performance in quite a while (also saw him lost in USFIV against Air's Poison).

Depends on her variation really. Mainly I see folks just ducking, jumping, or blocking then running up on various zoners with her. Not really trying to out offense them.

Right, which is having no options. Hollywood has he air shots so she can avoid from falling onto projectiles but it isn't much. At the same time her upkick special adds nothing at all outside of some corner combo fanciness at the cost of damage and a way to EX out of the corner (that still is punishable if blocked.)

shaowebb

Right, which is having no options. Hollywood has he air shots so she can avoid from falling onto projectiles but it isn't much. At the same time her upkick special adds nothing at all outside of some corner combo fanciness at the cost of damage and a way to EX out of the corner (that still is punishable if blocked.)

Low isn't the same as "no" options. Just go for jump in normals or poke into her strings. I believe she has J2 starts to many of her combos right now so I'd just go for that if it was me. Might just neutral jump on wakeup and then fish for position.

She has one of the best footsies tools in the game, a 10 frame advancing mid that reaches at jump distance. She also has one of the best jump in punches in the game. When she gets in she has some of the best mixups in the game that can loop into mixups. Come on...

She has one of the best footsies tools in the game, a 10 frame advancing mid that reaches at jump distance. She also has one of the best jump in punches in the game. When she gets in she has some of the best mixups in the game that can loop into mixups. Come on...

Hey, I wasn't complaining about everything she has. Simply that she has a useless special and has a tough time against zoners in a game where most characters have at least a few options.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This looks like a pain in the ass between games seeing people fiddle with the PS4 UI. I guess henceforward we'll see PS4s become standard, and hopefully the controller pairing process gets streamlined, either via non-legacy controllers or something else.

Hey, I wasn't complaining about everything she has. Simply that she has a useless special and has a tough time against zoners in a game where most characters have at least a few options.

The shadow kick has armor and more range than EX Nut Punch so it's one of her wake up attacks.

I don't think she has a tough time against zoners. b+1 is ridiculous. She can punish air fireballs with b+1 from like jump range. The only zoners she should have trouble against are maybe like Kano and Sub-Zero.

thehadou

Neo Member
The game looks really nice in person but it will never ever look good on streams or compressed video.

Its frustrating to watch. From a player perspective though over the next few months it at least allows for legacy support, which helps entrant numbers overall. Really wish someone had developed a good converter/project box though. That'd have solved all concerns.

shaowebb

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn that Venomous D'vorah vortex. High low bug spray all day and D2 to handle their jumps. Just good stuff there. I keep thinking Sonic Fox should be using her instead of Erron Black.

kasane

do we know the venue?

fake edit: mississauga? booooooooooooooo. bring it downtown again. it's not even in Toronto anymore technically. just rename is SaugaYuKen. fml. put it in Metro Convention Hall or something.

maybe i should really stay in toronto again

between esl and this :O

shaowebb

I want to see a Flame Fist Liu Kang vs Swarm Queen Dvorah. Pressure for days. Venomous might be better for the rushdown action, but Swarm Queen just seems more nonstop once it gets going. Less about acid burning.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Enzo you coming out to Toryuken and support the community or you still gonna pretend to be a fan of fighting games b
All the tournaments are downtown so I can't get there easily.

Now they bring it close by in Mississauga in the fall, and I'm moving downtown. Fighting games aren't a fan of me.

probably b

Is it the Tekken 7 stream or the Seattle Tekken stream?
Tekken 7 stream.

This looks like a pain in the ass between games seeing people fiddle with the PS4 UI. I guess henceforward we'll see PS4s become standard, and hopefully the controller pairing process gets streamlined, either via non-legacy controllers or something else.

According to Mike Z it's specific to the way that MKX does local multiplayer profiles. idk what that means exactly but it sounds like it's patchable

Shouta

Tekken 7 stream.

According to Mike Z it's specific to the way that MKX does local multiplayer profiles. idk what that means exactly but it sounds like it's patchable

Ah, then that's kind of something we can't do too much about, Tekken 7 is secondary to our other games the other 5 streams are getting priority at the moment and it was kind of put together fairly quickly.Our regular streamers are all on the tournament stuff.

shaowebb

As stated before. Kano zoning takes advantage of folks not knowing their characters or the matchup well yet where the game is so new. Its a fast punish to any mistake in jump timing or button pushing.

Honestly Dvorah's option vs it is general to do the long range bugspray and MB it if possible she can close the gap with run into poke range and strings off that. I use Flame Fist Liu Kang and with Meter I just MB flying kick for the armored punish.

Kano isn't a problem. Folks are just new.

Alfredo

The Lin Kuei Grandmaster vs Quan Chi and the Zero Issue Boyz?

Aris keeps talking about how Quan Chi is great against Sub-Zero. Super interested to see this.

Top Bottom