• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/24-30| Trying Our Hardest to Become Pachinko Slot Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Sabot

There ain't any real balance changes outside the new systems, so playing XRD -SIGN- is still important in the down time between it and Revelator's new system additions.

Tripon

I'll say one thing about this stress test for SFV.

The lag is pretty damn bad, but I haven't suffered a disconnection yet tonight.

OceanBlue

What happened to Xrd netplay? Barely anyone is on, and the one or two lobbies that are open are hard to get into.

I don't know about the weekdays since I don't have that much time, but on Friday and the weekends there are usually a ton of active people. I play in the northeast lobby and there are usually a good 6-8 active rooms with a good amount of people in each.

What happened to Xrd netplay? Barely anyone is on, and the one or two lobbies that are open are hard to get into.
The same thing that happens with every fighter made by ASW, Pinky. A disc "sequel" is announced a few months after release and a ton of people drop the game until the new hotness arrives.

I'll say one thing about this stress test for SFV.

The lag is pretty damn bad, but I haven't suffered a disconnection yet tonight.

It might just be me but I think they are testing a different netcode (or at least did some variation to it). The previous ones seemed like rollback and there was typical rollback like teleporting when it got laggy. Now it feels like they are trying something different because the game pauses spontaneously when it becomes laggy.

New BrokenTier T-Shirt. I giggled.

red-prayer_large.jpg

#0-2God

beef u good?

Tripon

It might just be me but I think they are testing a different netcode (or at least did some variation to it). The previous ones seemed like rollback and there was typical rollback like teleporting when it got laggy. Now it feels like they are trying something different because the game pauses spontaneously when it becomes laggy.

My connections have been great.

Had a match that was literally stop motion, with multiple moves rolled back as well. One time, I did a throw, the entire animation played out in slow motion, and then rolled back somehow that the my opponent was able to get back the health the throw took away and attack me. It was as if rollback and input delay had an unholy baby, and its name is the Kagemusha system.

After that, I thought long and hard if I wanted to continue playing for the night, and decided to rewatch my replays for an hour or so.

I love the game, and what it represents for the future of Street Fighter. I know this netcode will get better. But this entire experience of playing online is making me sour on the whole thing.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/08/2...a-and-the-art-of-making-a-2-5d-fighting-game/

In those days, it was known that the popularity of fighting games was declining like shoot ‘em up games because they were too difficult and will only be played by hard core players. I wanted to make something rather attractive for the not-so-core players, so I figured that the JRPG genre would be an ideal theme and fit for a fighting game to attract such a crowd.
Yep Fighting games.

it was difficult to assign to me men who have experience and who entered the company earlier and are older than me. There were gender role issues deeply rooted in Japan. It is considered a shame for a man to work under woman
for most people, experienced women and my age are not welcome in the workplace.
In Japan, there is a thinking that the important work is meant for the men, while the women are responsible for smaller tasks. Original projects are regarded as important works because it is something developers aspire to do. Because I’m a woman director for an original project, a lot of people thought that I broke some taboos.
It also does not help that there are very few places for women to voice their real feelings safely. Many people say that "our work environments have no issues", but we can still see female workers crying in the ladies room, and then quit her job quietly.
Damn it Japan.

Seems like decent material to make a thread if anyone cares to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom