• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/24-30| Trying Our Hardest to Become Pachinko Slot Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

It wasn't about believing. It was about her being wack.

mika8vodl.gif

Seyavesh

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/27/street-fighter-v-rainbow-mika-enters-the-ring/

V-Skill: Mic Performance

R. Mika pulls out her trusty microphone and gives a heart-pumping monologue to the crowd. The longer the buttons are held down, the more powerful her normal and special throws become!

During her monologue state, she is able to absorb one hit from the opponent and can also cancel the speech at any time by letting go of the buttons, causing her to fling the mic at the opponent.

V-Trigger: Nadeshiko (3 Variations)

Now this is wrestling! Depending on the direction held during the V-Trigger activation, R. Mika’s faithful tag-team partner will deliver a surprising, high flying attack at the opponent from different angles: neutral (body splash from above), hold back (dropkick from the front), hold forward (dropkick from behind).

The different variations keep opponents guessing and afraid to hit buttons, perfectly setting up R. Mika’s damaging command throws.

Fans lucky enough to be attending PAX Prime this weekend in Seattle will have a chance to try out R. Mika at the Capcom booth, so be sure to swing by to see how she plays!

Zissou

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";176703939]One of my least favorite SF characters got turned into a Stand character?

;_;[/QUOTE]

You have to play her. Do not deny what you know to be true!

Nyoro SF

Well they are Capcom.

Whoa there.
Did you know that Company X screwed up character hair with Fighting Game Y?
Thus, Capcom hasn't done anything wrong. In fact, they're incapable of being judged because Company X made the same mistake.

I thought I would impart some wisdom from one of our FGW members.

Hope you guys are happy. R.Mika is in SF5. I don't get the love of her character design.

I do like that there is an "assist" character to some of her moves. Why you gotta put assists on a character that I have no love for...

Hopefully she will be fun gameplay wise.

I'm tellin you no Mika or Karin. :E
Aha, classic Shin. Believe!

Happy with another female character! Not so happy with it being another one in a bathing suit, but at least it makes more sense for Mika than for Cammy. Her doing that prowres aesthetic and stuff.

Mic toss and tag team maulings and stunners seem awesome. Let me see her command list now please, Capcom. I want to know if 360s are really out.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Whoa there.
Did you know that Company X screwed up character hair with Fighting Game Y?
Thus, Capcom hasn't done anything wrong. In fact, they're incapable of being judged because Company X made the same mistake.

I thought I would impart some wisdom from one of our FGW members.

I am honored.

petghost

Banned
Lol I can't believe she sits on your face during her super.

This character design is more pandery anime than any shit in arcana heart or whatever other game whose aesthetics are considered way too anime for sf player consumption.

Toxi

Banned
Man, I suck at execution. I'm trying to learn a Guilty Gear Xrd character besides I-No (one character I've gotten decent with), but most other characters require movements besides QC/HC (feels like everyone has a charge attack) or really finicky timing. Any recommendations on easier characters to pick up?

Skab

Mentioned this in the other thread, but SF5 R.Mika reminds me a lot of SFxT King. (Which doesn't surprise me, because Combo played him.)

Zissou

Lol I can't believe she sits on your face during her super.

This character design is more pandery anime than any shit in arcana heart or whatever other game whose aesthetics are considered way too anime for sf player consumption.

Difference 95% pandering vs, 20% pandering (in terms of roster %). People are cool if it's below some threshhold.

I wouldn't play her. I don't like grapplers or her personality/costume, but I appreciate another female character and her character arch type being unusual for one.

Kinda surprised there were no alterations to the original design.

She doesn't have hearts on her boobs anymore but yeah.

I am also surprised, especially since they gave Chun Li more of an asian aesthetic but then they but Mika in the game, who's a blonde haired blue eyed japanese girl.

Clawww

I'd also like to say hair and texturing in this game is low tier. She's got playdough hair just like Ken.

yea the hair is just shit, and this reveal makes it seem like they're just gonna let that nastiness rock for ken and others too. I think vega's hair (and face) look horrible too

Man, I suck at execution. I'm trying to learn a Guilty Gear Xrd character besides I-No (one character I've gotten decent with), but most other characters require movements besides QC/HC (feels like everyone has a charge attack) or really finicky timing. Any recommendations on easier characters to pick up?

Just ask Q what the hardest execution characters are and avoid those lol.

Otherwise just pick a character you like and keep practicing.

Although everyone says that Faust is supposed to be easy on execution?

Negaduck

I play Faust, he doesn't really have anything crazy execution wise. The drill cancel for instant overheads (I believe you faultless defense the drill in the air? I can do it but don't play xrd enough to explain the mechanics) but aside from that there isn't much.

Plus faust is so damn fun to play. I want Sim to have drills like Faust.

Edit: looks like I was beaten on the Faust suggestion lol. But execution wise faust isnt too tough and is high tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom