• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 28 - May 4 | The Desolation of Smug

Missed Stunfest top 3 as I had to go out, but happy to see Europe was defended. Will catch the uploads on youtube.

Top 8:

1. Luffy (Rose)
2. Justin Wong (Rufus)
3. Valmaster (Chun-Li)
4. Haitani (Makoto)
5. Ryan Hart (Sagat)
5. MBR (Akuma)
7. Starnab (Fei Long)
7. Momochi (Juri, Ken)

Missed Stunfest top 3 as I had to go out, but happy to see Europe was defended. Will catch the uploads on youtube.

Top 8:

1. Luffy (Rose)
2. Justin Wong (Rufus)
3. Valmaster (Chun-Li)
4. Haitani (Makoto)
5. Ryan Hart (Sagat)
5. MBR (Akuma)
7. Starnab (Fei Long)
7. Momochi (Juri, Ken)

Oh, MBR got fifth? Impressive.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
you know I'd really like to see Ultra come to Wii U
idk somehow SF's landmark success on the Super Nintendo just makes it feel right

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I seriously feel bad for Dieminion, but if it was really bad I would think he had friends to help him out?
He should do a donation drive.

I feel no sympathy for anyone who willingly works with Triforce and follows him through their colorful mishaps. Plus, we don't really know the situation, for all we know he loves it there or it's not even an issue altogether.

thehadou

Neo Member
Working a Call of Duty tournament this weekend really reminds me of why, and how much, I love the FGC. Cannot wait to come home to mashed buttons and salty voices soon.

Also, UFGT has dope trophies again. (shameless pre-announcement happiness)

thehadou

Neo Member
can you share your experiences?

I'll make a point to circle back and put a write up together after the event. Just spinning through Gaf between matches at the moment. A lot of it is just different expectations both in front of and behind the production, and (as always) very different player-to-player and player-to-organizer interactions.

thehadou

Neo Member
Hey CurlyW/Keits, do either of you know if Ignition next weekend will be streamed?

We're hoping it is but we aren't officially involved beyond co-promotion and supplying prizing. I'll check with them and a few attending players tomorrow for a confirmation if Curly and/or Keits hasn't stopped by with an answer.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Is Dieminion really stuck in France? I seen Triforce post that he is going to Cali for E3 and MLG.

All I know is that these guys are the worst examples of people needing to get their priorities straight. They can't seem to do anything for themselves.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Vote for thread titles below.

FGW | STDs ARE GONNA GET YOU, MAN

We're hoping it is but we aren't officially involved beyond co-promotion and supplying prizing. I'll check with them and a few attending players tomorrow for a confirmation if Curly and/or Keits hasn't stopped by with an answer.
Oh, I didn't know you were involved in UFGT, thehadou. Thanks for the heads up; for now I won't include it in next weeks OP.

I don't get why Chindogg does the things he does.
?

Did he get banned for waving the Nintendo flag too much or something?

Is this for real?

Mt5Yvjo.gif

Lemstar

Did he get banned for waving the Nintendo flag too much or something?
Na. The time when turned on slow mode, then threatened stream chat with slow mode for the rest of the day if they went nuts after he turned it off struck me as a pretty shitty way to use his mod power.

Stream chat is always going to flood the gates after slow mode gets turned off, but unless someone makes a big deal out of it, no one's going to care after the first few seconds. There's no need to foist off responsibility by blaming the stream for the punishment he unilaterally decided on.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Na. The time when turned on slow mode, then threatened stream chat with slow mode for the rest of the day if they went nuts after he turned it off struck me as a pretty shitty way to use his mod power.

Stream chat is always going to flood the gates after slow mode gets turned off, but unless someone makes a big deal out of it, no one's going to care after the first few seconds. There's no need to foist off responsibility by blaming the stream for the punishment he unilaterally decided on.
This makes me wonder, can people make/use private chats on channels that restrict chat to subs? Would be a good way for communities i.e. GAF to get around the issue of stream monsters, if you see it as an issue.

Should be.
Any idea what channel?

Kumubou

Still waiting for news on if there's the PS3 lag fix for USF4 :[
It's Capcom, they probably added extra lag in the console version by accident.

Seriously though, it wouldn't surprise me if there was some dumb internal reason why the extra lag is there and I doubt they want to spend the manpower fixing it if it's that serious. They're building Ultra on a shoestring budget as it is. Although some of the other updates (like being able to save/load states in training mode) make me wonder what else got overhauled. (Note: The only games I've seen with save state support in training mode also use that functionality online (for rollbacks), but if they overhauled the networking in Ultra I would figure they would be hyping that to the moon.)

Tik-Tok

I'm so sad the Raptors YOLO dive kick got red parried by Brooklyn today :(

Someone needs to show me some titties to make me feel better.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
The ordering for this is so wrong. The only one that I agree is in it's place is SF and maybe KI.

looks ok to me.
western fighters:
MK > KI
namco fighters:
SC > Tekken
capcom fighters:
SF > versus
DoA:
not present
VF:
secretly S tier

only thing I'm shady on is SamSho cause I don't know anything about it. i dunno if people would really want it above KOF.

Top Bottom