• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 7-13 | Smash our expectations

undersakura

Neo Member
DCB|XAN Chris Miller @DJHuoshen
Huoshen House Tuesday sessions going live. Streaming KoFXIII, then swapping to BBCP when the players show up - twitch.tv/djhuoshen

Riposte

For what it's worth Brawl had spectator mode. I only really expect 4 player lobbies for smash 4 with spectator
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Spectator_Mode

IIRC (and the I think the wiki agrees) you weren't actually spectating a match, but rather just watching a replay of one. Wouldn't that be considered something different?

Anyway, Smash threads are getting locked, so I'm not making that thread for awhile.

Dahbomb

IIRC (and the I think the wiki agrees) you weren't actually spectating a match, but rather just watching a replay of one. Wouldn't that be considered something different?

Anyway, Smash threads are getting locked, so I'm not making that thread for awhile.
So then make the post here!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm just hype for Greninja
KH1FJ04l.gif

They are obviously fans of Valk

A lot of Smash players I've talked to dislike the Brawl iteration of FD because of the sharp edges, meaning you can get stuck under the stage. It's why Smashville is preferred. The FD variants they showed also seemed to have sharp edges.

Wish they also had Battlefield variants for levels.

onionfrog

EDIT: ENZO! THAT GIF UP THERE IS WHAT WE CALL A GODDAMN MEGAMAN HOMAGE. NOT THAT SFXT SHIT!
Damn Straight! Now if only we could see capcom themselves show the character this much love.

1) Final Destination "mode" for online play.
I literally laughed out loud at this. Stages: Final Destination only! LMFAO
4) No more forced character changes; full movesets for all characters (Charizard over Pokemon Trainer's stamina mechanic).
I'm mixed on this. On one hand it's pretty cool, but its off putting to people who enjoy switching between characters mid match.
6) Going out of his way to tell Wii U Smash buyers to get a wired connection (WOW!)
I thought of you when they said this. They should really repackage that Ethernet adapter so that it says Wii U tho.

A lot of Smash players I've talked to dislike the Brawl iteration of FD because of the sharp edges, meaning you can get stuck under the stage. It's why Smashville is preferred. The FD variants they showed also seemed to have sharp edges.

Wish they also had Battlefield variants for levels.

even if the ledges were like in Melee, FD still has the problem that it's completely flat

Alright so there's Mega Man. Then uh, I think Mega Man X. And um.... Mega Man from those 3d games without a helmet... who's a different Mega Man, I guess.

Then um.... we got yellow stripey dude and Bret Hart.

Hype.

Clawww

Alright so there's Mega Man. Then uh, I think Mega Man X. And um.... Mega Man from those 3d games without a helmet... who's a different Mega Man, I guess.

Hype.

its all about the angular, crystal pink shades my man

CPS2

Watching the TMNT movie from 1990 and there are a LOT of parallels between the foot clan and empire arcadia.

smurfx

get some go again
think i might get a wii u when smash bros releases. only ps4 game i'm hyped about is the evil within but i'd rather play mario kart 8 and smash bros.

Busaiku

Hype.
X and Mega aren't the same character either.

ismk

Smash WiiU looks like it's going to be great. My expectations are quite high now after watching the Nintendo Direct. Also, it seems like Nintendo is making more competitive.

mbpm1

Might be going to EVO this year, woot. If so, I might need to train up, I'm not very good at the main fighting game,
Smash

Pics_nao

Thought Greninja was Mewtwo at first. Pleasantly surprised. Never expected him but goddamn if I'm not hype for him

That Mega Man final smash doe...

MAH BOI .EXE

Top Bottom