• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 11-17 | RIP Hitokage

Seyavesh

but not all smut is moe

correct
also:

GO TO DMC

S31bVr1.gif

(detroit metal city)

Infinite

monster (this is as non anime as it goes. no sexual fanservice, and very well done)
steins;gate (my personal favorite)
full metal alchemist brotherhood
psycho pass
shinsekai yori (shit is so subtle with how dark it is)

Cosign on Shinsekai Yori, Steins;gate, and Monster. Would add:
Baccano!
Spaceship Battle Yamato 2199
The Eccentric Family
Princess Jellyfish
The Tatami Galaxy

Cosign on Shinsekai Yori, Steins;gate, and Monster. Would add:
Baccano!
Spaceship Battle Yamato 2199
The Eccentric Family
Princess Jellyfish
The Tatami Galaxy

Baccano is great as well. Forgot about that.

Gurren Lagann isn't really a great recommendation for people that are trying to avoid trope anime considering gurren lagann is many ways is a parody of it all. I mean you would have to understand some of the tropes and homages to older anime to fully enjoy gurren lagann (and kill la kill) . Thats one of the reasons why I didn't recommend kill la kill

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just watched Akira for the first time a few days ago.

Now I will spend the rest of my life wondering what the Stronger video would look like if they had let Kanye use Akira footage.

EDIT: It's probably better as a live action homage in retrospect.

Baccano is great as well. Forgot about that.

Gurren Lagann isn't really a great recommendation for people that are trying to avoid trope anime considering gurren lagann is many ways is a parody of it all. I mean you would have to understand some of the tropes and homages to older anime to fully enjoy gurren lagann (and kill la kill) . Thats one of the reasons why I didn't recommend kill la kill

I don't mind tropes and fanservice. TTGL was goddamn amazing. See the avatar. ;)
It's just that there's a certain brand of fetish checklist moeblobby drek that seems to have become more common after Haruhi that's just a waste of time.

mbpm1

I don't mind tropes and fanservice. TTGL was goddamn amazing. See the avatar. ;)
It's just that there's a certain brand of fetish checklist moeblobby drek that seems to have become more common after Haruhi that's just a waste of time.

"I Can't believe Incest is the Subplot of This Anime"

Why you piling on Haruhi for being the forefather when Haruhi was actually good and not really all that moeblobby

I suggest watching Now and Here, Then and There, a really sci-fi post apocalyptic war depressing anime.

Steins;Gate, an anime that will make you think and also get depressed at the same time,

Great Teacher Onizuka Because it was an amazing anime about a ex-street gang member turned teacher(But the manga had an MUCH better climax and ending IMO)

If you want watch a REALLY fucked up anime, watch either When they Cry or Elfen Lied, my god these were fucked messed up animes both have very fucked up plots too..

Want an new Azumanga Daioh? check out
Nichijou AKA My Ordinary Life, also it known as Reaction Gif: The Anime, and an awesome funny as hell anime as that, here are some gifs I made from the anime: http://imgur.com/a/25PLW

Akagi, an gambling anime about the japanese tile game Mahjong, HIGH STAKES gambling, with an player that has never played the game before.

Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji: Bad Luck Brian: The anime, with some how, being the luckest person at the same time.

Just watch kaiji. It's about Marn if he actually got caught by the mafia for his gambling debts.

^^^^^ Basically what this guys saids about Kaiji

Finally: Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem, If you love Daft Punk, you will love this anime movie

On a fighting game-related note, any good resources for UNIB? Trying to learn Eltnum, but for the life of me can't figure out how the combo system works. I should poke around in the official thread more, but just thought I'd help keep things quasi-on target.

Oh, for anime, Bubblegum Crisis and Megazone 23. Old as hell, but the stories stand the test of time. Just dug my DVDs out for these while cleaning.

Also found my copy of the SamSho RPG... Not sure why people are so into this game; it wasn't very good.

Top Bottom