• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 11-17 | RIP Hitokage

holy shit gamester gear had to apologize on chrisg's behalf.

timeframe before being dropped by them?

I guess rkappa also has a post on all the costumes/colors for every character. Cviper and Juri's still look like ass even with alternate colors

Balrog has 2 red/black motif costume colors...

also WTF is chun li's costume supposed to be? did she randomly pick clothes at desigual?

Why you piling on Haruhi for being the forefather when Haruhi was actually good and not really all that moeblobby

I'm just using it as a dividing line. Haruhi was good, it was the crap its success spawned that makes me want to punch people.

Just watch kaiji. It's about Marn if he actually got caught by the mafia for his gambling debts.

Seen, decent to really good but starts to lose its luster as the stakes get more squicky.

Anime Weekly.

Good animes
Mushishi
Five Centimeters per second
Haibane Renmei
Sword of the Stranger
I cosign on those too.

Just cosign Haibane Renmei too, it's a good series :p

CHAMPLOO DA GAWD

Mhm. Much better than Bebop IMO.

Avatar the Last Airbender is not only the best anime but probably the best show ever created. Watch that if you haven't.

Tried, the presentation didn't do it for me for some reason.

Cosign on Shinsekai Yori, Steins;gate, and Monster. Would add:
Baccano!
Spaceship Battle Yamato 2199
The Eccentric Family
Princess Jellyfish
The Tatami Galaxy

Grabbed Baccano, took a look at Shinsekai Yori and it might be a hit as well.

Great Teacher Onizuka Because it was an amazing anime about a ex-street gang member turned teacher(But the manga had an MUCH better climax and ending IMO)

If you want watch a REALLY fucked up anime, watch either When they Cry or Elfen Lied, my god these were fucked messed up animes both have very fucked up plots too..

Want an new Azumanga Daioh? check out
Nichijou AKA My Ordinary Life, also it known as Reaction Gif: The Anime, and an awesome funny as hell anime as that, here are some gifs I made from the anime: http://imgur.com/a/25PLW

Azumanga Daioh and Nichijou are not quite to my taste. Onizuka was amazing. I've seen Elfen Lied. Also seen and love Higurashi, hate Umineko though. Had to ragequit partway through.

Also another great anime, Another. Ghost story in a high school. Pretty suspenseful and well made.

Hm?

OceanBlue

I guess rkappa also has a post on all the costumes/colors for every character. Cviper and Juri's still look like ass even with alternate colors

I like Dhalsim's. I haven't seen most of them though because I haven't seen the Youtube video and I haven't gone through all of the images yet. Most of them are kinda bleh.

where's my fighting game that does what xrd does for anime, but with this artstyle instead

MK2_Raiden-1.png
MK3-06_Kano-PR1.png

MK2_Reptile.png
MK3-13_Shang_Tsung-PR1.png

Crocodile

Whoops, I must have clicked on Anime Gaf by mistake LOL

Off the top of my head I will add Black Lagoon, Gankustuou and Space Dandy - I don't think I've seen anybody mention those yet

I'm a Eva/FMA/AoT -type Anime casual and I hated Gurren Lagaan and Kill la Kill.

bunk-the-wire.gif

You're entitled to that opinion of course. But..........see that GIF

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Go watch this.

iboylyTp1qrlez.jpg

It's the closest thing to live anime there is. I was good friends with the director's nephew and it features my favorite Ayumi song.

Also Goemon and Casshern. Both the very best of live action anime.

Ultimadrago

Anime Weekly.

Good animes

Haibane Renmei
Sword of the Stranger

I would recommend Haibane Renmei and Sword of the Stranger from this list. (I've heard good things about Mushishi, but haven't watched it.)

Though with caveat on Haibane Renmei as many would find it exceptionally dull as hell. It wouldn't be the least accurate observation either as the show only really takes off with its well paid character arc in the very end. It's done very well, but the world building deliberately stationed throughout the show goes for naught in areas.

Whoops, I must have clicked on Anime Gaf by mistake LOL

Off the top of my head I will add Black Lagoon, Gankustuou and Space Dandy - I don't think I've seen anybody mention those yet

Black Lagoon <3<3<3
To quote the manga: "You hear me, Russel? The people here are all barbarians! They're wearing clothes and listening to Aerosmith, but they're all really cannibals! Can you believe it? Even nuns around here pack guns! This place is like God's fucking shithouse!"

I really want to watch Gankutsuou but just can't stand the way they've colored things with unmoving backgrounds.

I would recommend Haibane Renmei

Seen it already. Slow, but good. Didn't blow my mind or anything though.

Ultimadrago

I really want to watch Gankutsuou but just can't stand the way they've colored things with unmoving backgrounds.

Gaudy palette and all, Gankutsuou is worth watching.

Seen it already. Slow, but good. Didn't blow my mind or anything though.

Yeah, Haibane is not close to mind-blowing good. It's just good.

For a moment I thought that was Guu. It was not. Thank goodness.

Yeah, I don't like Hare no Guu either.

Shouta

Cause I've got friends to visit here. Also. This isn't the anime thread guys. Take it elsewhere.

Also, Kadey obviously hasn't seen the kenshin movie. Or I guess the movies. I saw part 1 of the sequel this week. Very good as a fan of the series.

Cause I've got friends to visit here. Also. This isn't the anime thread guys. Take it elsewhere.

Also, Kadey obviously hasn't seen the kenshin movie. Or I guess the movies. I saw part 1 of the sequel this week. Very good as a fan of the series.

so whose foot/toe are you gonna cut off for a good luck charm/absorb their powers? I'm assuming you'll take all three and then sew them together.

I'd go with tokido's

You can't say the first thing and then say the second thing

Top Bottom