• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 11-17 | RIP Hitokage

Beckx

nerd032008.png

ooh well done

was Jazz young? Seems so early 20's to insult people by calling them a nerd or a virgin.

I don't know why people do that on video game message boards, like one is a higher order of nerd than somebody, or not to nerdy, or just nerdy enough to be cool.

Though, you Harry Potter nerds weird me out.... ;)

was Jazz young? Seems so early 20's to insult people by calling them a nerd or a virgin.

I don't know why people do that on video game message boards, like one is a higher order of nerd than somebody, or not to nerdy, or just nerdy enough to be cool.

Though, you Harry Potter nerds weird me out.... ;)

I'm early 20's and I never do that though ;~;

Sayah

You explained how Kingdom Hearts is an action RPG (I haven't played Valkyrie so I can't comment on it) but you didn't explain how DMC ISN'T an action RPG.
Kimosabae explained it pretty nicely in the post right after yours.

The main contention point was valkyria chronicles and I explained my stance on that clearly.

Not even sure where you brought DMC from.

Infinite

Next Level Battle Circuit will be holding an UNIEL tournament tonight along with Ultra Street Fighter 4. Don't forget Arturo is streaming it on twitch.tv/nycfurby.

Dlent

After getting back into +R recently, I've been having fun just messing around in training mode. I I haven't been entirely keeping up with XRD because I don't want to spoil myself, but I have a few general questions to anyone who has actually played it.

How fast does the game feel overall? I know it's supposed to be similar to Reload overall, but the constant YRC superflashes seem a little off-putting.

Secondly, is execution overall much easier? I know chemical love FRC into IAD is one of the more difficult techniques in AC, but the more generous input window for YRC, simpler input for chemical love, and superflash for buffering the airdash seem like it would make her a less executionally demanding character.

Thirdly, does the lack of force breaks particularly hurt any characters who relied on them, like Sol, and why does it seem like Blitz shield is almost never used?

Thanks for putting up with my rambling.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
After getting back into +R recently, I've been having fun just messing around in training mode. I I haven't been entirely keeping up with XRD because I don't want to spoil myself, but I have a few general questions to anyone who has actually played it.

How fast does the game feel overall? I know it's supposed to be similar to Reload overall, but the constant YRC superflashes seem a little off-putting.

Secondly, is execution overall much easier? I know chemical love FRC into IAD is one of the more difficult techniques in AC, but the more generous input window for YRC, simpler input for chemical love, and superflash for buffering the airdash seem like it would make her a less executionally demanding character.

Thirdly, does the lack of force breaks particularly hurt any characters who relied on them, like Sol, and why does it seem like Blitz shield is almost never used?

Thanks for putting up with my rambling.

It's about Reload speed for sure. The YRC flashes are not that bad honestly.

Execution is easier overall across the board except for Millia air dash combos.

No not really, The only reason you think Sol relies on force break is because you are playing the AC version of the game. Sol never needed that before. As for blitz being used rarely, it cost meter and if you fuck it up you can get punished pretty bad.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
The chat has me in stitches

Best waifu

image.php

We really need to chill and anime it out Rhapsody.

Anyone expect Smash 4 @ Evo 2015?

Nope.

RIP in peace Jazz-ism

he was the realest OG in FGW, now we only have Deckard Cain

Deckard is cool, he's just trolls too hard sometimes and a bit too rough on the edges, however, Jazz was just a complete asshole, neither real or smart. He was trying to validate his points, which is a good thing, making him look smart, promotes discussion, excellent thing.

But when you throw out insults to bring your point across, you invalidate yourself and lose all rights to the conversation. Uneducated and unrefined. You still cool though JC, you real as fuck with manners.

My ignore list validated again.

I tried that too but I know when he's posting, he has the urge to reply to me. Wish ignoring would completely erase the fact that they posted too. Glad he'll be gone for a while, made it horrible being of FGW with him here.

We can't all be as mature as you
you nerd

10/10

But you see where he's coming from. You usually don't hear people in their 30s calling someone "gay" or a "fag", and "virgin" is around that same level of intelligence in my mind.

Yeah, I know. I was just joking around. I get where he's coming from/what he means. Generally, the younger the age means the more likely one will use those words as insults.

Dlent

Forgot to ask, how many of the less intuitive mechanics like jump install and impossible dust/FD jump cancelling remain?

Thanks for answering.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yeah, I know. I was just joking around. I get where he's coming from/what he means. Generally, the younger the age means the more likely one will use those words as insults.

Smedwicks, I'm out for your blood again.

Forgot to ask, how many of the less intuitive mechanics like jump install and impossible dust/FD jump cancelling remain?

Thanks for answering.

I don't have the answer to your question but I'd like to ask you this, does Detent ring a bell? How about liking Yun a lot? Your name sorta looks like Dtent.

Best waifu

image.php

We really need to chill and anime it out Rhapsody.

Nope.

Deckard is cool, he's just trolls too hard sometimes and a bit too rough on the edges, however, Jazz was just a complete asshole, neither real or smart. He was trying to validate his points, which is a good thing, making him look smart, promotes discussion, excellent thing.

But when you throw out insults to bring your point across, you invalidate yourself and lose all rights to the conversation. Uneducated and unrefined. You still cool though JC, you real as fuck with manners.

I tried that too but I know when he's posting, he has the urge to reply to me. Wish ignoring would completely erase the fact that they posted too. Glad he'll be gone for a while, made it horrible being of FGW with him here.

why you bringing prison school in here yams

OceanBlue

Let's just hope enough people show up to actually have a tournament!

I feel like the game has been surprisingly well-received in the US, so I'd be pretty sad if that happened. I guess most of the players go to TSB stuff though so it wouldn't be too shocking.

Silky

Banned
fuck I don't wanna write this paper. been getting urges to play Ultra more

Is anyone free today for an endless lobby or something???

Prison School is too anime for FGW, leave it to us to suffer through it so that others don't have to.

don't worry, i don't take this sacrifice lightly (Hana and principal da bess)

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
why you bringing prison school in here yams

cause its so ridiculously awesome.

We should. Too much studying.

Because prison school is art.

Excellent.

Prison School is too anime for FGW, leave it to us to suffer through it so that others don't have to.

don't worry, i don't take this sacrifice lightly (Hana and principal da bess)

DA FREAKING BEST! So anime right now. I take it you might lurk in ManGAF every now and then turtle.

jbug617

Banned
From missing around with the new alts. I really like Juri's new alt. I don't think there is a bad color. Chun's is really bad.

LOL Prison School isn't Moe, it's smut.

Also who's excited for P4A2? I'm not that's for sure.

I am, for the story and to play as Rise.

I'm actually even considering getting a gameshare of the Japanese console version (but mostly because I'm impatient and when it actually comes out, I'll be about a week or so into school and won't have much time to play it :\)

LOL Prison School isn't Moe, it's smut.

Also who's excited for P4A2? I'm not that's for sure.

im not either. I'll test it out b/c I wan to check out the spear guy (ken), but I don't think it's something I see myself putting time into especially with xrd coming out

Dlent

That Purse Owner brand doin' work.

I'm getting it too, but I expect it to be the worst of the current Arcsys fighters(still good though).

With the way they worded the announcement, it sounded like they were implying only the NA and EU versions of the game aren't region locked.

new or old?

Doesn't matter, as long as it's not the kind of insipid, formulaic drek the medium got infested with post-Haruhi/Lucky Star. I've recently seen Moribito and Juuni Kokki and was completely blown away by them. Ergo Proxy was nice, but had a few too many disjointed-from-plot things for the kind of series it tried to be I feel.

Doesn't matter, as long as it's not the kind of insipid, formulaic drek the medium got infested with post-Haruhi/Lucky Star. I've recently seen Moribito and Juuni Kokki and was completely blown away by them. Ergo Proxy was nice, but had a few too many disjointed-from-plot things for the kind of series it tried to be I feel.

monster (this is as non anime as it goes. no sexual fanservice, and very well done)
steins;gate (my personal favorite)
full metal alchemist brotherhood
psycho pass
shinsekai yori (shit is so subtle with how dark it is)

i'll recommend ojamajo doremi in hito's place

my personal rec is hyouka

Top Bottom