• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 11-17 | RIP Hitokage

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If it's bothering you that much, you can always block the image.

It's not causing any slowdown for me at least.

Don't ever post gifs bigger than 10mbs at the most. Not everybody has FIOS like us and many people are on mobile. Plus certain mods will blow you up for it.

If you're going to post gifs that big, make it as links and give a warning for how big it is.

Not to mention mobile GAF's gif (and image) detection is fucking shoddy, so certain URLs will show up fully hotlinked despite having images and gifs disabled.

ViewtifulJC, is that you in your avatar?

If so, you look like Jago if he got 50's role in Things Fall Apart

FIFTY-CENT-WEIGHT-LOSS.jpg
bruh

Sayah

GIFs that large are a light-up for mobile connections, though.

If nothing else, you should make those animations as webms. They would look better, have a smaller filesize and can animate at 60fps.

Don't ever post gifs bigger than 10mbs at the most. Not everybody has FIOS like us and many people are on mobile. Plus certain mods will blow you up for it.

If you're going to post gifs that big, make it as links and give a warning for how big it is.

Ok, I removed the gifs and made them links instead in the original post. Thank you for letting me know. I'll be more considerate in the future.

Watching these Pokemon World Championships, they might as well be considered eSports with how many breaks they take. It's like if Level Up somehow took twice as many breaks

Welp. lol

So much for that.

Get the freeware version it is better. Eigomanga basically half assed it and didn't even have netplay. They wanted people to donate so they can add it in, but it didn't reach the goal. The freeware version has that. Besides that it is very link based game, since there are no chains (except for some target combos and the assist girl (Kurumi)), and basically to do really nice looking combos you have to really get assist timings down. I think they did assists pretty unique in this game.

Kumubou

Vanguard Princess on sale for $2.49 for anyone that might care

I've never actually seen this game played before. Is it any good?
I can't recommend the Steam release in good faith -- but it's for a completely different reason than what AnnelFrank suggested. I think it's a fun game, but eigoManga is omega shady and had handled the release hilariously badly... to the point where it's been an open question of if they even have rights to publish the game. It doesn't help that the original developer has dropped off the Internet, either.

alstein

Been playing all the Ys games through on Nightmare lately... All this does is make me want a Ys fighting game made by Arc Sys

Falcom has other properties. Throw in Popful Mail, Trails, maybe a Vantage Master char or two...

I can't recommend the Steam release in good faith -- but it's for a completely different reason than what AnnelFrank suggested. I think it's a fun game, but eigoManga is omega shady and had handled the release hilariously badly... to the point where it's been an open question of if they even have rights to publish the game. It doesn't help that the original developer has dropped off the Internet, either.

the Vanguard port is as bad as the port for Sora.

Dimps not working on Ultra? I didn't know that.

Yeah I hadn't realized that either. I wonder if they were simply tied up with working on their new DBZ game or something? In any case it's unfortunate to hear that Ultra seems to be suffering from all of these minor annoyances.

That takeaway though from Mike ...
"From my end – like I always say, if you enjoy it, play it! But while you’re playing it, consider whether you think it is in the community’s best interest to reward this level of workmanship with money and adulation, and what accepting this now might mean for SF5 later."

Yikes.

Kumubou

Falcom has other properties. Throw in Popful Mail, Trails, maybe a Vantage Master char or two...
Now I'm getting hype for a game that would never happen. Never mind that he Trails games have enough characters to fill out a fighting game roster by themselves. (And didn't they make a game like this on the PSP -- and it was ass?)

the Vanguard port is as bad as the port for Sora.
...and now I'm just mad. Man, I forgot how bad the localization of Sora was.

Top Bottom