• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 11-17 | RIP Hitokage

pixelish

I'm not offended and one of my coworkers that I've known for 8 years just recently killed himself. He was a good dude and I am terribly sorry for his family, but I semi agree with ChrisG on this one in a way, though he probably should keep it to himself...as should I, but since we're talking about it anyway. Suicide is definitely an option but I certainly won't feel bad for anyone that takes that direction. Depression is very serious, and I know it can take its toll and that's unfortunate

We lost a great talent today, but that was his choice and I don't feel for him. I certainly feel bad for his family though.

If I were ChrisG I wouldn't have tweeted about it though.

i guess you shouldn't post your thoughts about it either.

a perfectly good chance to teach or inform someone on the issues of depression and its effects on the human psyche, but instead people want to get internet cookie points immortalizing ignorance or pointing out how morally superior you are through insults. no mention of sensible dialogue on a private setting.

bravo

Rhapsody

Banned
I feel like I sort of have an idea of what ChrisG is trying to get at. But that's a terrible thing to say.

And as always, he still isn't that great at communicating his thoughts with people.

Beckx

The stigma that people like ChrisG and MangoSentinel place on people who kill themselves because of depression is part and parcel of the stigma for mental health issues generally, and a big part of the reason why people don't seek help.

No one needs you to care for people. But if all you can do is contribute to atmosphere that makes it harder to get help, you're doing harm.

Don't do harm.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like I sort of have an idea of what ChrisG is trying to get at. But that's a terrible thing to say.

And as always, he still isn't that great at communicating his thoughts with people.

It's not so much the thought(as dumb as it is) as it is the time and place

*sees people reacting to news of beloved celebrity figure*

"Suicide? What a bitch! I don't respect that"

The stigma that people like ChrisG and MangoSentinel place on people who kill themselves because of depression is part and parcel of the stigma for mental health issues generally, and a big part of the reason why people don't seek help.

No one needs you to care for people. But if all you can do is contribute to atmosphere that makes it harder to get help, you're doing harm.

Don't do harm.

As Soakrates said (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong), the notion of suicide being selfish is super harmful. This post is also very true.

Don't do harm.

Christ, I'm gonna regret this.

How am I doing harm? I just simply don't have an issue with someone killing themselves. If they wanna do it, then go for it. Their choice. I'm not gonna take that away from them. If I wanted to kill myself, I wouldn't want anyone to stop me. Though if someone seeks help, I would definitely help them. If they don't seek help, then that's unfortunate. If they get help and it's not enough, then that a real bummer. If the person feels like suicide is the only option, that is unfortunately their choice. Sometimes the depression is just too much and there's no coming back. Shit is serious. I just don't feel bad about it (unless it's family of course) because, ultimately, it's something they felt they needed to do and there just wasn't enough to change their mind.

Anne

I see a thread on here that says BBCP for PS3 is 20 bucks on PSN right now. If that's correct it's not a bad time to check it out if you're interested.

Blazblue CP 19 bucks for PS+ users tomorrow, time to jump in?

There we go

Slurmer

Banned
Hey, congrats! But four hours of driving ain't a local!

How big was the bracket?

Also, it's fine that you're talking about fighting games in the fighting game thread.

Lol fair point. I live in Roanoke, VA and there's not really an injustice scene here. I had the weekend open and thought it'd be cool to meet Mr. Aquaman and the guys up there. They were all awesome and appreciative of me making the drive to show my support. It was a great experience.

Bracket was about 14-15 people I believe.

Congrats on that, who did you use?

Sinestro the entire tournament. I almost switched to CW against Mr. Aquaman's Ares but decided to go out with my main. Teleporters give me issues and he's a great player anyways. He gave me some good advice and pointers afterwards as well, which was nice of him.

Congrats and big respect for making the drive for a small tournament.

Thanks! I appreciate everything you and the GGA guys do for the community.

MDTBF is still the best Kanye album

2fb6e1e8f1b3af82fc72145411a13d12.jpg

Thores

I have a sizable back log right now but I've always wanted to get into the BB series, how many characters are DLC? Have to factor that into my purchase price.

Two: Terumi and Kokonoe, $8 a pop. There is a third character, Kagura, that you can buy for $2.50, but you unlock him for free by beating story mode.

Lemstar

As of right now, two (Terumi and Kokonoe, $8 each). Kagura requires completing story mode to unlock, which is something like an hour if you skip through all the text.

.la1n

Hmmm so an additional $16.00 for DLC characters, that's a bit harder to swallow. Chances of me actually wanting to play those characters?

Thores

Hmmm so an additional $16.00 for DLC characters, that's a bit harder to swallow. Chances of me actually wanting to play those characters?

Kokonoe is considered to be the best character in the game by a lot of people, even after the patch that nerfed her considerably. Terumi doesn't seem to be as high tier (I don't see him in tournaments much anyway) but has a really fun and vicious rushdown playstyle.

casperOne

Mostly generic places and hole in the walls. Going to fancy restaurants aren't my thing when I'm alone. Heading to dinner with everyone today so maybe it'll be somewhere nice. =o

Some of the best meals I had in Tokyo were from holes in the wall. Ramen especially.

Reminds me that there's a ramen place in a mall off Tokyo Port (trying to track it down now) where a picture of my wife and I is. Ramen was so good there.

"I don't pick up weights, I already have enough weight on my motherfucking back."

I'm copping this.

But I'd vote Drake, sorry.

I have to say, I love the interactivity of this and the ability of the crowd to shape the outcome of things.

SOUNDS FAMILIAR.

Ready To Die > your favorite rap album

My man.

Kumubou

anybody got an answer to what I posted about on the first page
If someone else authorized a PS3 after you remotely deauthorized it? I'm pretty sure you're boned. Only time I've heard of PS3s getting remotely deauthed beyond their activation limit was when they were reported stolen. Your only real option is if you can find out who did it and get them to deauthorize the console from the PS3 (then you'll get the slot back). Let's be real -- not very many people should have the credentials, so you may be able to figure it out with enough prodding.

Top Bottom