• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 11-17 | RIP Hitokage

Dahbomb

What was the thing with the Beserker slash?
Last set of GF, last match (2-2), no X factor. Wolverine had Vergil in a combo but not enough to kill, game was in neutral for a bit with both of them playing some footsies. One of PRRog's characters had really low health so the match was pretty even to decide who would win the whole thing. It was ChrisG's Vergil vs PRRog's Wolverine.

AND THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN A BERSERKER SLASH FROM FULL SCREEN TO TAKE THE TOURNAMENT!

El Sloth

Banned
Again, I fail to see where you'd get this impression. Words may be reflective of the person (and I even qualified that they could potentially not be when I said that he's probably just very passionate; I'm a fan of Kanye for crying out loud), but I only used his words to substantiate my point about how his form of critique is usually destructive because:

- Fabricating/perpetuating misinformation to prove his point (in reference to USFIV development time, though to be fair, he probably just got confused with something else or misquoted), but more importantly, a general insensitivity about big pub/Capcom game development
- Usually prefacing his arguments with admitted ignorance or regards and then following with harsh criticism that pretty directly questions those who he regarded beforehand
- Disparaging consumers for not caring about the things he cares about
- Linear/one-dimensional perspective on what makes a fighting game good or bad, which is aligned to Skullgirls and then used as a comparative base for other games

To me, it sounds like you have a problem with me having criticism at all, and me simply having that criticism somehow makes it personal or serious.
Nah, dude. It's the way you're expressing it that gives me the impression. Hell, I wouldn't be on this forum if criticism of anything bothered me. Come on. Anyways, like I said, I don't really care about this. Was just making an observation. Shouldn't have replied in the first place, but hell does boredom make you do dumb things.

z0HyNso.gif

is this like, a Wolverine / Superman hybrid superhero?

wonder how many wolverine mains were bitching and crying about the nerf in ultimate.
No clue, but if any did, they were drowned out by tears of joy. I got so sick of Wolverine just running through Flame Carpet.

I remember the numerous Morrigan players that dropped her in ultimate, though. There SRK Morrigan forums were filled with whining after the air dash change.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nah, dude. It's the way you're expressing it that gives me the impression. Hell, I wouldn't be on this forum if criticism of anything bothered me. Come on. Anyways, like I said, I don't really care about this. Was just making an observation. Shouldn't have replied in the first place, but hell does boredom make you do dumb things.
Maybe, I apologize if it came off that way.

I think I've been too cranky in general lately. D; Need to go back to being more productive.

FSLink

Banned
Hit my 4th year for years active in the Navy. Whee.

Now to sit back and watch streams. Caught the quadruple dash into command grab earlier, lmao. Amazing.

I'd just like to say that even though Paypal was bein' a dick, I still got vulva his money when I lost a bet to him. Twice, even.

Just putting that out there.

Top Bottom