• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 11-17 | RIP Hitokage

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
When nobody can go in on what he said for the details of the interview and instead want to talk about things like his 'tone' or 'his approach to bugs may be cool but I dont like the game he made', that's telling enough. The fact is, this is the kind of criticism Capcom doesn't get enough of.
What?

Also lol @ the notion that Capcom doesn't get enough criticism. No FG publisher/developer get's even half the criticism Capcom does. Capcom gets no passes for anything. Even on GAF no developer gets as much warranted and unwarranted shit slung at them as Capcom. They've been public enemy no.1 for years.

Dawg, you are way too angry at a dude you have never met. I'm whatever about the guy, my only opinion about him is that his humor is too awkward and that he probably shouldn't be commentating fighting game matches.

You need to take a step back and wonder what exactly are you getting so angry about and is it worth the blood pressure.
Sounds like you didn't read my post. I'm not angry at anyone, I don't even think it comes off that way. I'm pretty directly addressing problems in his critiques that show up over and over again. I even mentioned I don't have a problem with the guy (FWIW, I even bought Skullgirls, not that it matters). Every point I made is relevant to an issue with his approach and why it has created problems for discourse, none of them personal attacks. What part of my post is anger?

What?

Also lol @ the notion that Capcom doesn't get enough criticism. No FG publisher/developer get's even half the criticism Capcom does. Capcom gets no passes for anything. Even on GAF no developer gets as much warranted and unwarranted shit slung at them as Capcom. They've been public enemy no.1 for years.

This has nothing to do with the amount of total criticism Capcom gets. I made that distinction in the post you quoted. And I do think a lot of what Capcom gets these days is unwarranted nonsense.

Dahbomb

Finally an all god top 4. The nobodies and bums are outta here (no disrespect to the other players of course but the difference is too great).

Sayad

I can't believe I was watching Pokemon over fighting games.
Dat downtime though.
9ovvu0I.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

El Sloth

Banned
Sounds like you didn't read my post. I'm not angry at anyone, I don't even think it comes off that way. I'm pretty directly addressing problems in his critiques that show up over and over again. I even mentioned I don't have a problem with the guy (FWIW, I even bought Skullgirls, not that it matters). Every point I made is relevant to an issue with his approach and why it has created problems for discourse, none of them personal attacks. What part of my post is anger?
I did and you have some sort of axe to grind with the guy. Whatever he said, you seem more interested with man's character than his words.

Listen, I don't really care one way or the other, I was just passing through as I do and see your posts and I got the strong vibe that you are taking things way too personally. Or maybe seriously is the better word.

Anyways, don't mind me. You do you.

Myn

Daigo Ikeno's going to be at a convention near me called Japan Expo next week and I'm pretty excited. He has a panel and a signing session so I'm stoked.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I did and you have some sort of axe to grind with the guy. Whatever he said, you seem more interested with man's character than his words.

Listen, I don't really care one way or the other, I was just passing through as I do and see your posts and I got the strong vibe that you are taking things way too personally. Or maybe seriously is the better word.

Anyways, don't mind me. You do you.
Again, I fail to see where you'd get this impression. Words may be reflective of the person (and I even qualified that they could potentially not be when I said that he's probably just very passionate; I'm a fan of Kanye for crying out loud), but I only used his words to substantiate my point about how his form of critique is usually destructive because:

- Fabricating/perpetuating misinformation to prove his point (in reference to USFIV development time, though to be fair, he probably just got confused with something else or misquoted), but more importantly, a general insensitivity about big pub/Capcom game development
- Usually prefacing his arguments with admitted ignorance or regards and then following with harsh criticism that pretty directly questions those who he regarded beforehand
- Disparaging consumers for not caring about the things he cares about
- Linear/one-dimensional perspective on what makes a fighting game good or bad, which is aligned to Skullgirls and then used as a comparative base for other games

To me, it sounds like you have a problem with me having criticism at all, and me simply having that criticism somehow makes it personal or serious.

Dahbomb

I am pretty sure he had the meter to make it safe but it still could've been punished on start up as he had to travel quite a distance. Seemed like he caught Vergil on a start up of a move.

It was a gamble but it paid off in a high pressure situation.

Top Bottom