• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 18-24 | Fall back, u nerd

Pengew

What the hell is up with KOF XIII control settings on PC? It wont pick up my PS360 or let me change the keyboard bindings at all.

Astarte

All these fighting games coming out but studying for that 2015 MCAT and spending every waking moment of my life volunteering

Why the fuck you gotta be twice as long as before

pixelish

SS seems more low key this year. I don't think a lot of Japanese players are going this year compared to the past events.

not really, there are a bunch of lesser known japanese players going to ss this year

BvdO2hFIgAEsyG-.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I know we argue about games most of the times but reading what is happening on twitter is scary.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=880130
Gotta say, even the Quinn stuff had me feeling uneasy. Reminded me a lot of how media outlets went in on Noel and stuff over some very personal details when I saw so many outlets avoiding running a story on Quinn, TBH.

Twitter is messy. Social media makes people messy. I really do fear for this shit happening to me some day, ever since a few months ago people unearthed tweets about rappers shitting on the artists that ended up signing them. Need to detox this haterade out of my blood.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I know we argue about games most of the times but reading what is happening on twitter is scary.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=880130

RF and Champ are attending SS.

Wow, twitter is scary right now. Side note, what does SS stand for?

Gotta say, even the Quinn stuff had me feeling uneasy. Reminded me a lot of how media outlets went in on Noel and stuff over some very personal details when I saw so many outlets avoiding running a story on Quinn, TBH.

Twitter is messy. Social media makes people messy. I really do fear for this shit happening to me some day, ever since a few months ago people unearthed tweets about rappers shitting on the artists that ended up signing them. Need to detox this haterade out of my blood.

One way of eliminating the fear is to remove the source of the fear. However, let the hate consume you Enzo so you can become dark iron man!

Prototype

out of the blue.... but

I was looking thru a word document i have where i save posts i like from the FGC and this one always makes me laugh:

“The truth right here. When this site started in 2000, MvC2 was the cheap ass scrub game and A3 was the greatest game ever. CvS1 was SFxT level boring and dumb. Then in 2001 MvC2 was kind of accepted and CvS2 was "not real street fighter" because of all the dumb down fierces and roll cancels. Back then 3s was considered "not real street fighter" because it didn't play like ST, A2, or A3. 2009-2010, SF4 is scrub bullshit with easy inputs and huge reversal windows. 3s and CvS2 were the greatest games ever. MvC2 wasn't SF, but it was the greatest game ever by accident. I figure, come 2020, I'll be turning 40, checking up on shit and seeing everyone talk about how UMvC3 and SF4 AE2012 were man's games and SF5 or 6 and MvC4 or 5 cater to scrubs who don't want to put in real work to learn a game.”
via Iceman on SRK.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
DC has some of the best books out there right now but the Marvel zeitgeist has got the masses thinking they're completely inept.

DC movies are shit but their comic books are generally terrific.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DC has some of the best books out there right now but the Marvel zeitgeist has got the masses thinking they're completely inept.

I don't think people are calling them inept because of their comics at all, strictly the films.

The Iron Man mainline has been shit ever since this Marvel NOW thing began. I guess Superior is a good idea to wash the taste out of my mouth, even if the costume is booty. They just keep setting up different ways to shake up the formula, or begin to introduce cool elements only to completely fumble on execution/resolution, like the writer just quit halfway through. :(

Seyavesh

dc comics have mostly sucked for the past decade or so imo. there's a few standouts individually but nothing has really come together as a whole like marvel has and i think it's in part due to the restrictions they've put on the writers and general environment for their mainline stuff. remember how 2013 was pretty much full of a bunch of writers swearing off working for DC or leaving books throughout the year because of editorial meddling and whatnot

marvel comics have had their bad shares too though so it's not a total black and white but at the very minimum they've had several truly golden runs between hickman's fantastic four/ff, fraction's iron man, iron fist and hawkeye (in progress), brubaker's cap and winter soldier, ellis's thunderbolts, nicieza's deadpool (cable and deadpool specifically), gillen's journey into mystery (loki saga. this should probably be first on the list because holy fuck it is incredible) and probably a ton more that i'm forgetting (annihilation?)

the vertigo side of DC is really good though and has outputted masterpieces so take that as you will though

edit: i'm actually really iffy on marvel: NOW but i think that's more due to how much they decided to shake up with it rather than quality. when it comes to actively bad titles for their main dudes, spidey can basically never catch a break ever re: actually getting a good writer/story so there's that but iron man really got fucked.

that weird as fuck shitty lord of the flies/hunger games ripoff w teen heroes that completely ruin and ignore their characterizations and it's continuation that are rooted from editorial mandate really remind me of modern DC atm, actually

edit 2: oh fuck i forgot, remender's x-force run!
more that are popping up as i remember great memories:
secret warriors by bendis/hickman

VAN LENTE'S INCREDIBLE HERC oh god how did i forget his one

Spuck-uk

Banned
VSF4 draft bracket.

http://www.vsfighting.com/brackets-2/

Notable names (SF4):
Alioune
Luffy
Dieminion
Ryan Hart
Will2pac
Valmaster
Cuongster
Problem X
(the above is already a hella stacked potential top eight)
MBR
Blaydon Ryu
Fuzzy
Victheslik
F-Word
Taaha
BTM Gunslinga
Andreas
Dawgtanian (in his last tournament role as CM, I think)
Me!
And a lot of other familiar faces from the various scenes, too.

:)

No sign of Snake Eyes, who was rumoured to attend, or OMH who I was really hoping would attend.

Go Fuzzy!

Good luck man. Like 90% of Europes top players there

Rhapsody

Banned
Got back from TRB tonight. Ran into two matchups I did not want to in the bracket, got wrecked on stream, and got fifth (so no money).

To top it all off, my car got towed and I lost even more money. :(

So depressed lol

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Got back from TRB tonight. Ran into two matchups I did not want to in the bracket, got wrecked on stream, and got fifth (so no money).

To top it all off, my car got towed and I lost even more money. :(

So depressed lol

The struggle is real.

Hang in there bro

Village

i will not say DC has had mostly crap runs, that isn't true.

I will say that new 52 hasn't looked hot from the beginning and still isn't looking so hot. With no signs of stopping the train,

casperOne

I'd agree, if they could keep their timelines in order. For the past few years, whenever they have a major event, they manage to screw up the timelines completely. This year, it was Forever Evil. Many titles that were directly affected by Forever Evil went ahead before Forever Evil advanced, causing a lot of confusion for me when reading titles across the DC universe.

And as much as I love Grant Morrison, I need a huge corkboard, tons of red string, and copious amounts of LSD to get through the majority of his plot lines nowadays.

enzo_gt said:
The Iron Man mainline has been shit ever since this Marvel NOW thing began. I guess Superior is a good idea to wash the taste out of my mouth, even if the costume is booty. They just keep setting up different ways to shake up the formula, or begin to introduce cool elements only to completely fumble on execution/resolution, like the writer just quit halfway through. :(

I don't mind the NOW changes so much, especially when it comes to the Avengers. Avengers World, Avengers and New Avengers have been absolutely fantastic since the switch. As much as I hated the fact that Fantastic Four/FF was losing Hickman, he was a worthy successor to Bendis for the Avengers titles, bringing some of the SHIELD-type stuff he was doing into the Avengers titles really made happy in those book.

The X titles also fared well, but that's going to happen when you put Bendis on some of the titles.

marvel comics have had their bad shares too though so it's not a total black and white but at the very minimum they've had several truly golden runs between hickman's fantastic four/ff, fraction's iron man, iron fist and hawkeye (in progress), brubaker's cap and winter soldier, ellis's thunderbolts, nicieza's deadpool (cable and deadpool specifically), gillen's journey into mystery (loki saga. this should probably be first on the list because holy fuck it is incredible) and probably a ton more that i'm forgetting (annihilation?)

that weird as fuck shitty lord of the flies/hunger games ripoff w teen heroes that completely ruin and ignore their characterizations and it's continuation that are rooted from editorial mandate really remind me of modern DC atm, actually

edit 2: oh fuck i forgot, remender's x-force run!
more that are popping up as i remember great memories:
secret warriors by bendis/hickman

VAN LENTE'S INCREDIBLE HERC oh god how did i forget his one

So many feels you mentioned. Also, the teenagers dying thing was Avengers Academy which is now Avengers Undercover.

God I miss Salvador Larroca on Iron Man.

Malice215

How the hell did Triforce trick PDP into a partnership?

Either someone else pulling the strings or PDP wanting to get some attention by sponsoring EMP since the next Smash Bros is about to drop soon.

Edit: Korea is also streaming some SCV if anyone is interested in some high level play.

http://www.twitch.tv/cong_stream

Japan is also having a huge online SCV tournament this weekend as well, Ryuohsen which takes place bi-annually.

http://ussr.jp/scvrm/ryuoh/

^that makes sense, PDP is making those clone Gamecube controllers that plug into Wii remotes that noone will buy because they can just use real wired GCN controllers with the adapter, right?

Beckx

So Dahbomb, Tetsuya Shibata (composer of DMC2, 3 and 4) is composing for Smash 4. Smash 4 = DMC5 confirmed? :p

Wait, Yuzo Koshiro is composing too, I thought it was Streets of Rage 4?

Whatever else Smash 4 may be, it's going to have a godly soundtrack.

Top Bottom