• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 4-10 | IT DOES NOT FOLLOW ANY REASON

gutabo

Haven't seen a list in a while but from what I remember
S
Faust, Zato, Millia
A
Ram, Chipp, Sol, Ky, Venom
B
Axl, May, Bedman, I-no
C
Potemkin

Probably wrong in a few places though.

My personal list would be a bit different as well

Is potemkin really that bad? Tell me more Q pls :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ok 2nd question. Is this the kind of game where if you pick anyone not in A tier or above you are wasting your time?

The only characters not qaulified for Arc Revo right now are May, Zato and Axl

So pretty much no it's not that type of game, GG has never really been that type of game after Reload

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Is potemkin really that bad? Tell me more Q pls :(
He can blow people up still, it's just YRC kind of let people run around him all day.

I mean shit Zato is considered insanely good and he's not even in Arc Revo right now

Who's the easiest to use top tier Non-female character?

Faust has always been easy to use, you just need to learn how to fauntless defense cancel his air attack which isn't even a hard trick to do. It's basically like Kara throwing

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
But honestly Deckard with BB and GG you are better off sticking with a character that matches with a playstyle you like.

Potemkin is considered the worst and FAB because he likes the character/playstyle so much makes the character work and wrecks people all the time.

He can blow people up still, it's just YRC kind of let people run around him all day.

I mean shit Zato is considered insanely good and he's not even in Arc Revo right now

Faust has always been easy to use, you just need to learn how to fauntless defense cancel his air attack which isn't even a hard trick to do. It's basically like Kara throwing

Cool, I'm gonna play the girl with the two swords then.

Isn't she just one of the many clones?

Well...

Also, apparently this is the YRC option select that was mentioned since no one explained it before.

Dustloop Wiki said:
When a player has between 25.0% and 49.9% Tension and is comboing the opponent, they can automatically bait Bursts for free!
When performing a combo or blockstring, perform a YRC after every attack. If the opponent starts a Burst, then they leave blockstun/hitstun and you perform a YRC. If the opponent does nothing, then you attempt a RC, but do not have 50% Tension to do so, so nothing happens, then you enter the next attack in the combo.
Although the conditions are somewhat strict, this is a very useful option select if it's available! The opponent basically can not Burst or Dead Angle during these times!
Remember, this only works when a player's Tension gauge is between 25.0% and 49.9%!

An easy fix here I think would be to add burst duration as another time where YRC cannot be performed just like block/hitstun. You would still be able to bait them with a 50% cancel however but now you actually have to predict it like usual instead of mashing it out.

gutabo

I hven't really seen/read much about Xrd(I like to test stuff myself within the game), care to explain how YRC is bad for him?

Also, apparently this is the YRC option select that was mentioned since no one explained it before.
Whoa. Hopefully this is nothing as abusable as Faultless Defense cancels.

Too much effort; will ignore for casual play.
Can you play GG as a casual? Kappa

Busaiku

"Special consideration to online modes, which doesn't happen too often with Japanese made fighting games".
You should play ArcSys games, Max.

"Special consideration to online modes, which doesn't happen too often with Japanese made fighting games".
You should play ArcSys games, Max.

Yeah don't quite get that statement. Is he implying American fighting games have "Special Consideration" given to online? Like what?

Anne

Yeah don't quite get that statement. Is he implying American fighting games have "Special Consideration" given to online? Like what?

No, he's implying that a lot of (smaller) JP fighting games that come out don't have strong online implementation and sometimes have nothing at all. ArcSys has been really going above and beyond for online play which is def not the norm in JP development.

NEO0MJ

S
Faust, Zato, Millia
A
B
Axl, May, Bedman, I-no
C
Potemkin

Strange to see Potemkin on the bottom. Wasn't he really strong in XX?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Haven't even peeped in the GAF FGC threads for the last three threads, been watching streams as usual though. Time to come back in here again.

Bum streaming a packed House of Chaos Marvel night right now, and if you enjoyed Flux being dumb-founded last week, there's going to be at least six exhibitions tonight: http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3

kirblar

Except just about every other character looks extremely faithful to their classic designs. Even other female characters like I-no

but alright you guys enjoy your Code Geass Millia I don't even play the character
Alphonse Elric Potemkin says hi.

Azure J

S
Faust, Zato, Millia
A
B
Axl, May, Bedman, I-no
C
Potemkin

Yep, my innate ability to pick the one character on the high end of A tier strikes yet again for this one. Go Ramenthal. :D

Curious though, where would you put her?

vulva

Except just about every other character looks extremely faithful to their classic designs. Even other female characters like I-no

but alright you guys enjoy your Code Geass Millia I don't even play the character

I don't get it. You don't like the hat? Is that it?

No, he's implying that a lot of (smaller) JP fighting games that come out don't have strong online implementation and sometimes have nothing at all. ArcSys has been really going above and beyond for online play which is def not the norm in JP development.

Like? Last time I check all American fighting games had shit online or passable online at best.

vulva

Damn, him and I used to play sf4 a lot together and just talk on irc quite a bit. I don't know what to make of this.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I felt stunned reading that - I see him post so often, and even though I never knew him personally, that really stunned me.

R.I.P.

Top Bottom