• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 4-10 | IT DOES NOT FOLLOW ANY REASON

Horseress

So we finally have an explanation on what the actual fuck is that Drake vs Lil Wayne tour

Just before the Drake Vs Lil Wayne tour kicks off Friday night at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center, an interactive app designed for the tour is debuting on Google Android and Apple iOS.

DvsLW, a collaboration with tour sponsor Capcom (the video-game publisher behind Street Fighter and many others), will enable fans to select their city, pick a side (Drake or Lil Wayne) during each night's rap battle and "button mash" as if they were playing the latest Ultra Street Fighter IV video game to help their favorite rapper "power up" and impact their performances in real time. The app was created by Echo Park-based production company iam8bit in association with Drake's management company October's Very Own, Young Money Entertainment and Capcom.

wtf

KLyJGLZ.gif

Beckx

The odds of the Twitch CEO knowing who Noel Brown is are at most 0%

I mean, of course not, he was just using the textbook example, but like I say above, that is a terrible way to engage with people. Trying to show that someone was doing something bad by acting out an example never works.

Option A:

Q: "Do you still hate the FGC?"
A: "We love the FGC and always have, and work to promote streams [examples]." For extra credit: "some former employees have had issues with the FGC and they are no longer with us."

Option B:

A: "Do you still beat your wife?"

One of these options is professional and not very likely to cause a blowup. The other was a horrible idea.

Didn't notice this before but based on those GGXrd story mode shots I'd say that there's still a villain character yet to be revealed since it looks like
Ramlethal has already switched sides.

CurlyW

I mean, of course not, he was just using the textbook example, but like I say above, that is a terrible way to engage with people. Trying to show that someone was doing something bad by acting out an example never works.

Option A:

A: "We love the FGC and always have, and work to promote streams [examples]." For extra credit: "some former employees have had issues with the FGC and they are no longer with us."

Option B:

A: "Do you still beat your wife?"

One of these options is professional and not very likely to cause a blowup. The other was a horrible idea.

Here's Chris Patten, then an EU commissioner and later head of the BBC Trust, using the phrase in a 2002 interview with prominent journalist David Frost: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/breakfast_with_frost/2365897.stm

Beckx

Here's Chris Patten, then an EU commissioner and later head of the BBC Trust, using the phrase in a 2002 interview with prominent journalist David Frost: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/breakfast_with_frost/2365897.stm

I don't think the goal of dealing with interviews as a politician and dealing with the public as a CEO are quite the same. I ask again: what was the point of doing this AMA. If it was to antagonize people and create bad PR, then mission accomplished. If it was to give people a forum to ask questions so they felt better, hopefully making the situation maybe better but certainly not worse, well...?

"But the people in the AMA behaved badly! People are reacting badly because they're idiots who don't know about Chris Patten and David Frost!" Well no shit, it's the internet, which is why when you're in the position of power, you don't engage.

CurlyW

I don't think the goal of dealing with interviews as a politician and dealing with the public as a CEO are quite the same. I ask again: what was the point of doing this AMA. If it was to antagonize people and create bad PR, then mission accomplished. If it was to give people a forum to ask questions so they felt better, hopefully making the situation maybe better but certainly not worse, well...?

"But the people in the AMA behaved badly! People are reacting badly because they're idiots who don't know about Chris Patten and David Frost!" Well no shit, it's the internet, which is why when you're in the position of power, you don't engage.

I'm saying people don't know an idiom when they see it. Also, from what I've seen, FGC people are the only ones upset about it, which either means that the community is too sensitive or the community doesn't read.
apart from MCAT study guides

The whole point of an AMA is to get to talk directly to a person in charge instead of a random PR person, so obviously shit is not going to be as professional, and especially not when the person asking a question is being antagonizing. Who knew that a CEO can be as easily provoked as the rest of us? It's almost like they're people.

Besides, his response is not bad and is not a blowup or whatever you called it. It's a perfectly fair response to an unfair question. Your Option A gives the question asker more respect that he deserves. If you're going to shit on the guy, shit on him about something that matters. There's certainly a lot to pick from lately.

Beckx

The whole point of an AMA is to get to talk directly to a person in charge instead of a random PR person

That's certainly how the audience sees it. I always assumed that from the company's perspective, it was part of a larger strategic goal. But it's pretty clear that strategic PR isn't Twitch's or this guy's strong suit. Still, if he got his payout it probably doesn't matter, hah.

Malice215

Twitch CEO could have said anything else or simply ignored that loaded question, and people are within their right to be offended by what he wrote because it's still insensitive.

I like that Ultra should be out by the time I get home (hopefully). Not liking the fact that PC is still taking a back seat when it comes to bug fixes, and is another thing to consider when it comes to switching platforms from console to PC for tournaments.

Nabs

GMG on Ultra keys:

Hello,

Capcom have pulled forward the release to midnight and as such our USF4 keys will be released in the next few hours. This process may take a short while to complete so please be patient and check your inbox regularly for an email containing your key.

Karl

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Anime GAF, what's the tier list look like for XRD?

Haven't seen a list in a while but from what I remember
S
Faust, Zato, Millia
A
Ram, Chipp, Sol, Ky, Venom
B
Axl, May, Bedman, I-no
C
Potemkin

Probably wrong in a few places though.

My personal list would be a bit different as well

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
They changed the art style to be a modern mainstream anime style.

It's like complaining that Alpha Ken and SF4 Ken look radically different.

Except just about every other character looks extremely faithful to their classic designs. Even other female characters like I-no

but alright you guys enjoy your Code Geass Millia I don't even play the character

Top Bottom