• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 4-10 | IT DOES NOT FOLLOW ANY REASON

knuckle du got screwed hard lol

"I was supposed to leave Empire Arcadia long ago. Around December I was set on leaving, but then one of the core members passed away and it was just a very emotional time so I stayed for a bit longer just out of respect for Nelson ["Remix" Rayes] and the other members and the brand itself," Du "NuckleDu" Dang said. "Time went by and eventually I found myself losing a lot of money because the CEO of Empire Arcadia [Triforce] borrowed a large sum of money. I've always had sympathy for a guy who has such passion for something but is in such a struggle to make it happen. The details of this is not my business to discuss, but I just knew this had to stop. One empty promise after another, I knew this wasn't the kind of future I wanted."

http://www.esportsmax.com/article/fall-empire-inside-story-empire-arcadias-post-evo-decline

Silky

Banned
For CurlyW

throw-your-vote-awayizevw.gif

So this is my life now...

Kappa

B_Raw

Neo Member
Yeah but he's complaining now about it, after having been outclassed by Bonchan at EVO.

Oh, I don't think he has much of a leg to stand on either with that. If anything it shows his ability, or lack thereof, to adjust to changing situations and improvise on the fly. Not a bad thing, (but it is weird, he's a Bboy, Improv should be at the very core of his character) but everyone knew Ultra was going to be the version used, and no one had extensive play time with it before. So in that sense it was about as 'fair' as you're going to get.

Onemic

....Fei's change amkes no sense as Fei's c.lk isn't even chainable

They also didn't fix any of Elena's hitbox bugs or her b.hk not getting CH bonus ;_;

Also, it seems like there are Famitsu scans with a new Xrd character, looks like a good(as opposed to evil) Ramlethal with white skin, pink hair and wearing what looks like a wedding dress take on Ram's outfit. Looks horrible, hopefully just a story character.

White Ramlethal is good and black Ramlethal is evil? Racist.

pixelish

please tell me this isn't real (i mean it's a loaded question but still quite dumb for a ceo to say that)

Rod Breslau ‏@Slasher 3m
Twitch CEO Emmett Shear responds to "why do you still hate the FGC?" question with answer of "Why are you still beating your wife?" Woah.

Shito

Yep, either answer like the question was not loaded to begin with, or don't answer at all.
This is why those AMAs are usually NOT a good idea when you are not very well versed in the PR field...

El Sloth

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/XgIkIVP.png[/IMG

That was a [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question"]loaded question[/URL] tho, but why touch this subject?! He could have said anything but this[/QUOTE]
He was trying to be clever by responding with a cliched loaded question of his own. Must be too used to sniping back at people in stream chat.

El Sloth

Banned
I hadn't heard about this before:

http://www.westcoastwarzone.com/continue-tournament

In a 128 man bracket, 32 players will go home with a record of 0-2 after having paid a venue fee along with the game entry.

Maybe you just got an unlucky bracket.

Maybe you just didn’t know how to play against that character.

Either way, it’s over, time for you to pack up your stick. For some it will make them hungrier, and for others they will feel discouraged to keep playing and for all we know the community has grown weaker by 1.

At Warzone, we believe the latter should never happen. That's why we invented the:

Continue? Tournament

Applies to ALL Official Tournament Games

• All players that go 0-2 (0 wins, 2 losses) will automatically be entered into a Single Elimination tournament bracket. Brackets will not be seeded nor location wary, but will be randomized.
  • All matches will follow the official tournament rules along with sets (2/3 for SF, 3/5 for Marvel, etc)
  • A Disqualification (DQ) at any point during the main tournament disqualifies you from participating in the Continue? Tournament.
  • Continue? Tournament will run until Grand Finals.
  • Grand Finals Match: To be played on the Main Stage on Finals Day before it’s respective game.
  • Prizes will be awarded to the winner (currently undisclosed, but it will be worthwhile)

There’s a certain magic about actually playing on the Main Stage. Don’t take our word for it, but once you experience it, the screaming and yelling, the chants, the atmosphere… you want to go back. You want the crowd behind you. You want the cheers. You want to win.

Whether it’s in the next years Continue? Tournament (hopefully not), or whether it’s as a legitimate Top 8 contender, we believe that the Continue? Tournament will continue to push and foster better players for many years to come.

Pretty cool idea.

Beckx

Has "I'm going to show you how bad you're acting with an example" ever been a good idea?

Why did Twitch schedule this AMA anyway?

Has "I'm going to show you how bad you're acting with an example" ever been a good idea?

Why did Twitch schedule this AMA anyway?

probly over audiogate. I won't be able to play usf4 on pc until like monday-tuesday since I'm out of town. That is also an interesting thing to do at wcw, but yea I guess depending on the prize I could see some gatekeepers going for those prizes lol

until mid-tier players intentionally go two and out on purpose, then mop the floor with the low-level players in the tourney to get that side tournament prize

get your yellow cards ready
It sounds like a pretty cool idea but only if the prize ends up being some kind of novelty item and not cash because that could happen pretty easily.

Horseress

"In a 128 man bracket, 32 players will go home with a record of 0-2 after having paid a venue fee along with the game entry."

16 people will go home 0-3

Kusano123

Neo Member
Nah I like the simplicity of her outfit in XX over Xrd

and more than anything I just don't like what they did to her face. Millia had such a distinct expression in XX. It conveyed so much personality to me.

In Xrd she's just another wide eyed pointy chinned female anime character.

millia.png

She just got more fabulous. I'm alright with her new design except for that dumb looking hat and stiff looking idle stance. I guess it is weird to see Milia smile since she always had a cold demeanor in her portraits and speeches. People change I guess??? ಠ_ಠ

kirblar

They changed the art style to be a modern mainstream anime style.

It's like complaining that Alpha Ken and SF4 Ken look radically different.

Village

Nah I like the simplicity of her outfit in XX over Xrd

and more than anything I just don't like what they did to her face. Millia had such a distinct expression in XX. It conveyed so much personality to me.

In Xrd she's just another wide eyed pointy chinned female anime character.

She had Jaden smith face.

Top Bottom