• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 2-8 | The Great Cave-In Offensive

fader

It's a completely different game.

it's weird because I use to play 2002 when I was younger and it was just fun mayhem. and I got UM (through... "means"...) and i'm playing it for the first time to prepare for the steam release and it just feels... slower. granted 2002 arcade was probably a happy accident they probably didn't intent it to be played that way.

ShinMaruku

I had to close the video because I'm over here at work dying.

I can't believe that they really asked this, which means that the first thing that people are going to do are the worst things possible.
If you knew Tecmo's history you'd know they'd say that. They sacced mod sites before.

Tripon

Apex%202015%20-%2020150131%20-%201324-X2.jpg

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
you know, let me try this for a bunch of games, using Evo 2014 top 8 for everything except Street Fighter (Capcom Cup) and Smash (Apex)

lol

edit: Marvel top 8 average is ~2:28, featuring 8 timeouts

Thank you for the math!

Banned?

lol, the match was fun to watch.

NSFL indeed.

Since there's no news-independent SF5 thread I'll just use here to bitch again about characters not changing costumes

Slick

I knew that your link goes to tumblr because for some reason a lot artists on that site draw the nose the same. Like, why do they all decide on the same shape and have it either darker or redder than the surrounding skin every time? It's like this hypothesis http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_discovery except it's about the same nose.

K.Sabot

Interested to hear what you don't like about it.

I know you are not quoting me but I do agree with him. Well, I don't think it's bad but I feel that I have seen it before. It's just that I've see the camo pants plus tight military under armor-like combo before. I like Chun's shirt since it has her design and stylings like the golden curves near the cuffs and chest but I don't like her pants. It looks like "mom jeans".

K.Sabot

Interested to hear what you don't like about it.

The fatigues over what looks like a padded bodysuit, my mind completes what the body suit would look like and thinks the pants over it make it look gauche. Would probably look way better if they just lost the heavy pants (and kneepads). Could look like the C.Viper combat suit alt, but the mom pants make the whole thing look awkward.

edit: hahah you mentioned mom jeans too, the pants he drew really do flatten the dynamics of both characters.

You mean you don't like the default costumes? I'm sure there'll be plenty of DLC again...

I like them less after seeing them so much and so recently. We just had SF4 with classic designs.

That and these costumes look more like "police officer" and "soldier" than "Chinese woman" and "sexy lady in swimsuit".

And there's a big difference between the costume shown in promo art and prerelease footage and a DLC one.

DLC can be the avenue for people to find comfort in sameness. In fact, I'm flabbergasted Capcom hasn't intentionally changed the outfits knowing that classic DLC would sell well.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I wish capcom would make costumes packs of actual fan art like this,

Well go ahead and tweet Ono, he's been receptive as of late in what fans want in their future fighting games. Just don't tweet about Marvel, I tried doing that for a month and he never replied.

Top Bottom