• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 2-8 | The Great Cave-In Offensive

God damn, he was going for that sneaky gimmick but got caught!

why yall hating on the man trying to get some korean sidedish

00jQiWc.gif

I joined Valle's online tournament and won my first match. Dude was just as free as ShinMaruku ;p

Dat feel from winning my first tournament match in nearly 2 years
I know it doesn't count but so what, still feels good

hitsugi

Leffin is genuinely the guy you love to hate.

Or maybe not even hate because it just works so well. Shit.

Been watching it for about a minute now. Red Bull, send this man to France please. He sings on stream, plus he's a decent player as well.

Infiltration can't be invited. Red Bull already stated they are inviting 14 players from Japan, US, UK, Brazil, Singapore, and France. He will have to show up at the kumite and win one of the last 2 spots.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Infiltration is a cool cat, definitely. Hopefully I get to have a couple beers with him again the next time I go to Seoul.

BRUH

Someone used Falco's shine intentionally to clash with the most immaculately spaced Fox upsmash punish ever after recovering onto the stage with Falco Phantasm (side B).

Leffen took home most of the tournament's souls despite the one true Smash Tournament protagonist taking the whole thing.
Spoiler:
PPMD Kreygasm

And a Marth won. Scratch that, a Marth circa the year MMxx took the tournament. Come to think of it, there were two 20xx Marfs in this tournament. PewPewU really deserves applause for his perfomance versus Hungrybox.

Still. Big House 4. The whole top 32 was madness.

Naw...it'd have to have easier execution on par with that of Street Fighter though. God Damn the execution level required to start playing KoF 13 is harsh. Most games have a ladder of skills you can climb up to get into the serious stuff and you can stop at any rung and still enjoy yourself at that level...KoF makes you climb the ladder with no hands using your teeth and a single foot with wolves prowling the lower rungs promising that if you don't keep climbing you will come to a very abrupt and painful stop if you linger too long.

KOF13 basics are easier than SF4's are, at least for me.

I was looking around for Topanga A matches on youtube and ran into this video. Rare footage of Daigo explaining why he was angry that one time back in 2004.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Oole6cn28&t=7m17s

You have to turn on captions if it isn't on to read what he says. But anyways it's basically a video of someone translating what he said during a interview when he was promoting his Manga I guess. He goes on to talk about several topics including changes he would like to see in SFV. Don't think I'm down with all his idea but it was a fun and interesting watch.

EDIT: Man those Topanga A League matches are impossible to find. It's like if you didn't pay to watch it live(which is hard as hell to do) then they get locked away forever it seems.

FSLink

Banned
Its bullshit like this that infuriates me. FOW clearly won the match, screw the rules.
Heartbreaking ending for sure.

Yeah it sucks because Ness's distance gets cut if he hits something on the way back. It's one of those things I'm always wary about, like if I'm too far from the edge and the opponent at low % runs into me, there's a chance I won't make it back.

I was looking around for Topanga A matches on youtube and ran into this video. Rare footage of Daigo explaining why he was angry that one time back in 2004.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Oole6cn28&t=7m17s

You have to turn on captions if it isn't on to read what he says. But anyways it's basically a video of someone translating what he said during a interview when he was promoting his Manga I guess. He goes on to talk about several topics including changes he would like to see in SFV. Don't think I'm down with all his idea but it was a fun and interesting watch.

EDIT: Man those Topanga A League matches are impossible to find. It's like if you didn't pay to watch it live(which is hard as hell to do) then they get locked away forever it seems.

You can watch the Topanga A League matches on chinese youtube.

AAK

Would it be called a "Pass" rather than a "Pack"?

Pack is usually used in things like Weapon Pack, Skin Pack, etc in games like Bioshock and such where it's basically locked content on the disc. It would do them heaps of good to reword it because as of now it doesn't sound like future DLC at all.

hitsugi

MKX will have 4 Characters locked on the disc that you have to pay extra for to play. You either buy the "Kombat Pack" or pay the $90 edition:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/03/mortal-kombat-x-kollectors-editions-revealed

Gone are the days when you can spend $60 and go home and enjoy a complete game. Not as bad as SFxT's 8 characters... but still WTF WB?

This is actually worse than SFxT because it shows that all the blowback that game got over it had zero impact years later.

10-12 guys on gaf complain, 5000 dudes willingly given them cash hand over fist.

I have students in my class already talking about MKX and this whole shebang.

us old fogeys will just have to reminisce of the good ol days :/

Top Bottom