• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 2-8 | The Great Cave-In Offensive

Kikujiro

The limited edition of MKX is absolutely hilarious, what's supposed to be limited? A 4 characters season pass for 30$ and a skin?

Shouta

I miss the good ol'days =(

I might get it when the game comes out to try it out and maybe play it for Evo but I have a ton of other games so it's not a priority on my list.

we doing this MM at evo breh

Doesn't even need to be a MM. We can just bet bragging rights. Besides, I'm not a fan of taking from the free. ;)

Doesn't even need to be a MM. We can just bet bragging rights. Besides, I'm not a fan of taking from the free. ;)
BuV3mfg.gif

would you be down to set up a US FGW vs Canada FGW team battle? If there's enough Canadians at least.

If the former then it's not as insulting (though still shitty.) If it's on disc DLC ala SFxT WB can go f*ck themselves.

MK9 was the same so I see no reason to believe it's not a season pass again.

That said the special editions still sound awful tbh

.la1n

The limited edition of MKX is absolutely hilarious, what's supposed to be limited? A 4 characters season pass for 30$ and a skin?

If buying ahead of time averages out to $7.50 a character I wonder what they plan to charge for individual purchases.

Even the limited edition that comes with the Scorpion skin and the "Kombat Pack" is $95? That's outrageous. It would probably be cheaper just to buy the standard game and the "Kombat Pack" separately.

The limited edition's not even available on Amazon, but they have the other collector editions. I'll wait for more info.

Shouta

If you don't count chaotix, sure. But I do. =o

I could have made it out of pools too. Damn First round Double K.O. ending ;_;

vulva

real talk, I just got lucky with my pool anyways last year. I'm pretty much a non-factor at this game.

Still in for Canada vs US FGW

Mr. X

The good old days of unfinished characters in the data and waiting for full price iterations to have them.

real talk, I just got lucky with my pool anyways last year. I'm pretty much a non-factor at this game.

Still in for Canada vs US FGW
them chun li fireball reactions crazy fam
If you don't count chaotix, sure. But I do. =o

I could have made it out of pools too. Damn First round Double K.O. ending ;_;

I got a double K.O in tournament once..

had to restart the match tho.

any other canadians going up to evo this year?

WarRock

I was looking around for Topanga A matches on youtube and ran into this video. Rare footage of Daigo explaining why he was angry that one time back in 2004.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Oole6cn28&t=7m17s

You have to turn on captions if it isn't on to read what he says. But anyways it's basically a video of someone translating what he said during a interview when he was promoting his Manga I guess. He goes on to talk about several topics including changes he would like to see in SFV. Don't think I'm down with all his idea but it was a fun and interesting watch.

EDIT: Man those Topanga A League matches are impossible to find. It's like if you didn't pay to watch it live(which is hard as hell to do) then they get locked away forever it seems.
So, he wants GG's tension meter in SF. And while I don't see the Zangief situation as a problem, I must agree that fighting against Chun in 3S can be a chore and no fun at all. Ken isn't that better though :V
also, dat jojo analogy

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Don't really care if it's on disc or downloaded as an update or future DLC or whatever, but the announcement definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth because of the tiers it's offered on, and the lack of much context for what it is otherwise besides "you'll probably want it!" The price outside of the bundle is probably even higher. And it's a PACK.

Doesn't change my purchase intentions though, it's still a $30 Komplete version or wait for PS+.

Dahbomb

The more you give them, the more of this shit will happen.

It is as foretold.

LMAO @ all the "will wait for Komplete edition" comments in the other thread. Only this time it's actually justified.

The Irish fgc are hosting our first tournament of the year at the end of the month.
(its been very quiet in the scene these days)

If this blatant ad isn't cool let me know :)

Randomselect.ie in association with Versus Scotland presents

Road to Hype
:

Date: Saturday Feb 28th
Time: Starts 12 noon
Location: Woolshed Bar and Grill, Parnell Street, Dublin, Ireland
Games: USFIV, Tekken Tag 2, Smash 4

The event is a seeding event for Hypespotting 4 in Scotland.
Seeding points are as follows:

1st – 45
2nd – 20
3rd – 12
4th – 6
5th – 3
7th – 1

In addition it will be a fundraiser to send the top community players (i.e. members of ifgc) to Hypespotting. Plus as draw on the night to send a random participant to Scotland.

FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1604389436449599

Challonge For the brackets:
http://rsie.challonge.com/RTH2015_TTT2
http://rsie.challonge.com/RTH2015_USF4
http://rsie.challonge.com/RTH2015_Smash

Media to sub to :
Irish FGC main twitch stream: www.twitch.tv/brianvondoom/profile
Irish FGC Youtube archive: www.youtube.come/user/brianvondoom

RTH-2015-SF-new.png

Pappasman

M2K started using twitter today and it's fucking amazing.

I also had recurring dreams that i was typhlosion but could glide like Dragon Kazooie

I'd just spread my arms out and glide and fly around

Top Bottom