• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 9-15 | Mikrotransaktions™

Aditya

Neo Member
10950481_413950012115163_1042269986_n.jpg

Kayo Chun-li? =O

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/douga/ametalk_pr/114

japan's gonna japan.
I think I also see Muta in there.

Rhapsody

Banned
New Xrd patch notes for the weekend loketest.
http://t.co/jX8Er3YJBz

Going through them slowly right now. Ky's Split Ciel's Attack Level is 3 instead of 4 like the previous loketest. So some of the buffs are being reverted. Checking out the rest right now. Also remember, there will probably be secret buffs/nerfs only shown on the weekend of the loketest that's not on this pdf.

Going through them slowly right now. Ky's Split Ciel's Attack Level is 3 instead of 4 like the previous loketest. So some of the buffs are being reverted. Checking out the rest right now. Also remember, there will probably be secret buffs/nerfs only shown on the weekend of the loketest that's not on this pdf.

If I'm not misunderstanding the document and Google Translate (lol), then RIP Leo's fullscreen sonic boom D:

And they...nerfed 6p with extra recovery? Wat?

Shouta

Yeah, Leo no longer has a full screen Sonic Boom and his counter doesn't do 90 damage anymore, lol. His F+P has more recovery too

But his other changes look pretty good. Lots of hitbox improvements. His dash has been improved too.

Yeah, Leo no longer has a full screen Sonic Boom and his counter doesn't do 90 damage anymore, lol. His F+P has more recovery too

But his other changes look pretty good. Lots of hitbox improvements. His dash has been improved too.

They also took away the [2}6+S buff so no more followups after trading :|

Elphelt anyone?

I'm seeing a sea of red but have no idea what any of it means.

Kalamari

Dafuq is going on?

Kadey Senpai choosing shit games over Ultra?

Street Fighter x Gunslinger Stratos?

Dogs and Cats living together, mass hysteria!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Dafuq is going on?

Kadey Senpai choosing shit games over Ultra?

Street Fighter x Gunslinger Stratos?

Dogs and Cats living together, mass hysteria!

welcometoneogaf.gif

Edit:

Kadey doesn't have the best taste in games, I mean she doesn't even play Marvel and has all those nude mods on for Honda.

Azure J

I'm seeing a sea of red but have no idea what any of it means.

They went over it on the Biscuits stream. Sounds like:

- They reverted the far S block stun nerf
- Bridal Express doesn't go as far as it did before
- j.D props up instead of knocks down
- Shotgun damage/damage scaling got normalized (I'm happy about this one honestly)
- c.S prorates combos (number is 90 if anyone knows what that means)
- YRC sniper rifle will turn Elphelt around if the opponent crosses her up (previously YRC rifle would only reset the reticle to where the opponent was if they were in front of her)

All in all, I like this. :D

- Shotgun damage/damage scaling got normalized (I'm happy about this one honestly)
- YRC sniper rifle will turn Elphelt around if the opponent crosses her up (previously YRC rifle would only reset the reticle to where the opponent was if they were in front of her)

but i like the shotgun damage =(

Azure J

but i like the shotgun damage =(

We were NEVER going to get to keep that. People get so mad seeing 55-70% life lost as Berry Bride goes to work especially after all the crazy stagger pressure with shotty jabs and rapid fire uncharged shots. It's like the next gen version of Jam wall sticks/Puffball loops.

That said, I prefer this over the alternative which would have been a change to either the shotgun blast's startup or properties on hit.

Rhapsody

Banned
Sorry, been on that 98UM train and trying to combo into it is a nightmare for me. Need to look up some shortcuts.

I'd just keep it as an anti air. That's mostly what it should be for since you want you pretty much always have a stock if you chose Extra instead of Advanced.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

What else got changed for Ky? That change makes me sad. I wanted to have brain dead blockstrings

Shouta

I think the 90 refers to the initial proration level. So it's 90%? I could be wrong though.

Sayah

Tekken 7 shaky cell phone shots. This game is looking so gorgeous. The lighting. The model upgrades. The textures......oh......I want to play this.

B9s4zq-IgAAa_Al.jpg

B9s4zbEIIAASDEv.jpg

B9s4zuRIgAAgeIj.jpg

B9s4zvdIEAEkFVF.jpg

kDaMXfW.jpg
DFlm9Wc.jpg

qd8SdnY.jpg
uV2pfx9.jpg

wD9WrB6.jpg
szMtHOx.jpg

3hnEOLU.jpg
uuKkaG8.jpg

What else got changed for Ky? That change makes me sad. I wanted to have brain dead blockstrings

Ground Stun Edge went from 90% to 85% proration
Greed Sever leaves you closer to the opponent on block (I think that's what it says?)
And the already mentioned Split Ciel thing

Everything else is the same as last loketest

Sayah

Lucky Chloe got proper hair too that doesn't seem to be clipping. Law's whole head isn't so small anymore. This is really shaping up greatly. Please console release......come fast.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ground Stun Edge went from 90% to 85% proration
Greed Sever leaves you closer to the opponent on block (I think that's what it says?)
And the already mentioned Split Ciel thing

Everything else is the same as last loketest

That's a whole bunch of doesn't matter haha xD

Sayah

Twitter updates from FW and MarkMan on Tekken 7.

1. There is a lava stage and it apparently "looks amazing in person." Per MarkMan.

2. Final boss is Kazumi. She's regular Kazumi in the first round but then transforms (into devil Kazumi I presume) and uses her pet tiger as a projectile.

3. Christie/Eddy players better start using Lucky Chloe. lol.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Lucky Chloe got proper hair too that doesn't seem to be clipping. Law's whole head isn't so small anymore. This is really shaping up greatly. Please console release......come fast.

I just want this game in my veins. Gonna pick it up as seriously as I play Marvel cause man it is looking awesome!
Tekken Tag 2 is so hard when people hand it to you all the time ;_;

Nothing is impossible

Just gotta check the internet a bit more

Care to share something with us Smedwicks?

Sayah

I just want this game in my veins. Gonna pick it up as seriously as I play Marvel cause man it is looking awesome!
Tekken Tag 2 is so hard when people hand it to you all the time ;_;

Nice. Tekken 7 is meant to be a good place to start I think.
Besides being really beyond impressed now with the visuals, I'm now hoping there will also be another major gameplay mechanic of sorts that makes things even more interesting. But regardless, it's hard to contain hype for this game right now. I hope Namco doesn't butcher it with some stupid DLC policy.

With that said, I definitely have to hand it to Bandai Namco. They are really doing a stellar job. It's really crazy how fast they finished two different Smash games and the progression in Tekken 7 was a matter of a few months. They got some talented devs.

K.Sabot

Maybe Steve H vs the Typical East Coast boys and Maybe Steve H is up to his "never burst anything even if I'll lose and only burst if I'm about to time somebody out" shenanigans.

Korigama

Ram changes translated by HiagoXYZ (list originally compiled and posted over on Dustloop by coil).

- 5K: startup reduced from 8f to 6f
- 2D: 90% starter proration added
- 6P: startup reduced from 10f to 9f
- j.8D: damage reduced from 50 to 34; recovery increased from 20f to 24f
- j.D: recovery increased from 20f to 24f
- j.2D: recovery increased from 20f to 24f
- sword setup: hurtbox added; Can now strike swords to prevent them from attacking
- PP: hitbox increased vertically
- ~4K: more untech time
- 214K: gets meter on hit now
- 214P: gets meter on hit now
- 236K: can only yrc on startup frames now
- Calvados:first hit's damage changed from 8 to 50; other hits' damage from reduced 8 to 6
- Calvados: hitbox increased downwards

Horseress

Tekken 7 shaky cell phone shots. This game is looking so gorgeous. The lighting. The model upgrades. The textures......oh......I want to play this.

I thought the Feb. 18th build wouldn't have Shaheen and Lucky Chloe....welp, nice! Harada pls surprise us with an 2015 console release date

BTW is Dragunov any different in T7, besides the Rage Arts and the armor moves? Playing TTT2 solo mode to get back into the game

Rush, Colors, and Generations were great fun. Lost World was a really neat experiment that showed modern Sonic Team can make an S tier game if given the proper time and not bounced around entire game play designs every ten seconds like we're playing musical chairs.

I much prefer the handling and stage design (Sonic/Shadow ones) of Adventure 2 to Colors. If only you could write better camera code and get more stages for that game.

Basically, jumping in Colors feels like ass coming from 16 bit Sonic or SA2. You barely reach platforms with a limp-feeling double jump, and the behind the back running segments are ass. You can't even turn. The Wisp mechanics is great, but the basics of the game, bleh.

I want my brokeberry back ;_;

Spuck-uk

Banned
BTW is Dragunov any different in T7, besides the Rage Arts and the armor moves? Playing TTT2 solo mode to get back into the game

This is what I remember from the last loctests:

d/b3 on hit leaves you crouching, so you can pick up with ws4 into full combo

He can use 4,4 b+1, 2 or f+1+2 to K! Someone mentioned that launch, f+4,4,3 1 f+1+2 K! into whatever looks like his staple combo

u/f+2 gives CH launch.

d+3, (4) on CH gives stun

So his neutral game looks pretty much the same

Yo
Eff Vergil.

[Grant]
^HE
HAS
FUCKING
RETURNED!

If only. Dark Karate making a comeback would be tremendous. Isn't that Grant's fighting style??

Admittedly, I'd like to see Marco/Butt return as the next generation's Mr. Karate should a new, proper Garou come to pass.

Tizoc

If only. Dark Karate making a comeback would be tremendous. Isn't that Grant's fighting style??

Admittedly, I'd like to see Marco/Butt return as the next generation's Mr. Karate should a new, proper Garou come to pass.

Yeah his bio states his fighting style as Dark Karate.

Top Bottom