• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 9-15 | Mikrotransaktions™

Manbig

This is what I remember from the last loctests:

d/b3 on hit leaves you crouching, so you can pick up with ws4 into full combo

He can use 4,4 b+1, 2 or f+1+2 to K! Someone mentioned that launch, f+4,4,3 1 f+1+2 K! into whatever looks like his staple combo

u/f+2 gives CH launch.

d+3, (4) on CH gives stun

So his neutral game looks pretty much the same

Outside of Tekken Revolution, d/b3 always left him in crouch on hit and he was always able to pick up with WS4. It was just incredibly hard to do on non big characters. If they're trying to say that it's much easier to do now, then that's pretty interesting.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Outside of Tekken Revolution, d/b3 always left him in crouch on hit and he was always able to pick up with WS4. It was just incredibly hard to do on non big characters. If they're trying to say that it's much easier to do now, then that's pretty interesting.

Yeah, sorry, it's easier to do, IIRC you dont have to CC d+2 for the pickup any more. this is wayyy back from the first loctest though.

Sayah

I thought the Feb. 18th build wouldn't have Shaheen and Lucky Chloe....welp, nice! Harada pls surprise us with an 2015 console release date

BTW is Dragunov any different in T7, besides the Rage Arts and the armor moves? Playing TTT2 solo mode to get back into the game
I'm not sure about Dragunov myself to be honest.

10950481_413950012115163_1042269986_n.jpg

Kayo Chun-li? =O

I wish Kayo still attended evo. I bought her book and really want to get it signed.

alstein

Sorry, been on that 98UM train and trying to combo into it is a nightmare for me. Need to look up some shortcuts.

Trying to be on that train myself, but it's hard when all you see are folks with pings over 300s. That said, been playing more Big instead of Geese. He's so buffed in UM

SMASHGAF RANBAT SEASON 2 SURVEY POSTED.

ALL CURRENT AND NEW PLAYERS MUST FILL THE SURVEY OUT TO PARTICIPATE.

QUOTE THIS POST TO SEE THE SURVEY LINK - FILL IT OUT AND JOIN!

Where's the noodle hat?!

When is the official release?
No clue. I just Google Translated the link and saw all the nerfs were still there. PLUS it looks like drill got even more proration (90% to 85%).

.la1n

Tekken 7 is lookin' really great, more impressive than MKX, Lucky Chloe is still shit tho.

She's going to be my main ever since I heard she had rhythm based fighting mechanics :X

Also, for anyone interested Iron Galaxy will be showing the new KI character this afternoon around 1:00PM PST on twitch.tv/irongalaxy

Tekken 7 shaky cell phone shots. This game is looking so gorgeous. The lighting. The model upgrades. The textures......oh......I want to play this.

Cell pics or no, the particles on hit and the other details look pretty flashy. The game will look great if everything runs rock solid.

Sayad

Lol, Leo's full screen S fireball change reverted along with the other changes, someone came back to their senses.

Same for Ram.

CurlyW

Twitter updates from FW and MarkMan on Tekken 7.

2. Final boss is Kazumi. She's regular Kazumi in the first round but then transforms (into devil Kazumi I presume) and uses her pet tiger as a projectile.

Harada borrowing from Killer Instinct.

"Harada Pikachu-san" , lol.

Shaheen looks sick. I hope Chloe's rhythm stuff isn't too hard. Or if it's hard, that it's just a minor damage bonus and not an integral part of her playstyle.

Tekken 7 is looking mighty awesome. I like Lucky Chloe a lot but I'm not sure if I'll main her as opposed to Asuka and Lili. Super hype for Tekken 7.

the irony being that Lucky Chloe could become the breakout character in the next tekken.

hoping to see a lot of crow eating hopefully.

Eating crow in what regard? I think people are saying that they dont like her design, not that she would not be popular. I think is designed to be popular actually.

Sayad

LC hate from none Tekken fans is understandable, her design is just terrible. For those who actually play Tekken though, she's a much better design than most of what you'll see online thanks to the stupid customization, anyone who care enough about horrible looking characters to the point where he avoid the game because of them probably stopped playing Tekken online/at arcades around 2008.

I hope we see more cool character select screens this generation. The MKX idea where the characters walk up, interact, and then separate is pretty dope. The text and characters frames are almost too clean and plain for my tastes, but it keeps the focus on what the characters are doing.

Top Bottom