• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 9-15 | Mikrotransaktions™

Kalamari

I'm surprised there isn't a Daigo stick. People love buying ____'s shoes, skateboard, etc....

I agree, definitely would buy a Daigo stick. Make it happen, Markman!

What would you call it though? Umeshoryu Daigo? Daigo Tokubetsuhan? Daigo Supeshyaru Edeshyon?

Does anyone here have that Cronus controller adapter that lets you use last gen fighting sticks for the new consoles? Looking into buying one.

Beckx

Does anyone here have that Cronus controller adapter that lets you use last gen fighting sticks for the new consoles? Looking into buying one.

I do not, but there was extensive discussion of the Cronus Max months back - it's banned at several places because (IIRC) it adds input delay to the opponent's side and has burned out USB ports. You could probably run a search of FGW threads that mention Cronus and find it.

Months ago, though, so maybe all that got fixed. Might start by finding out if they are tourney legal again to help ferret out any continuing issues.

hitsugi

The fact they were banned at most major tournaments last year was kind of a turn off for many.. I tested one for a few months without encountering the port frying issues.

As Beckx pointed out, there have been numerous well-documented issues surrounding it, and I would definitely factor in the potential risk vs savings.

shaowebb

Man...just thinking over the MKX stream I can see some nasty stuff for Reptile. You can stop his force balls and still fire more afterwards, plus lay down acid pools on the ground to cause health to countdown? Thats universal stuff too. Add in his Nimble or Noxious stuff to that and its just building up into a really nasty pressure game of walling folks in. Really looking forward to this. Here's hoping they don't freak out too much at his damage and over normalize those things.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yams is FGW's scapegoat forever now.

Its a curse I have to live with. Luckily it comes with a side of salt I can sprinkle onto people.

Ranma-sama is gonna be a little more annoying to face now. You can probably bait it out and just plink dash away or use launcher.

yo that humblebundle pillow doe....

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

I want to delve into series like these, where should I start? I heard Katawa No Shoujo is great.

Korigama

I figured I'd ask if anyone here is still playing P4AU. Not much luck with finding ranked matches, and the OT's pretty much dead.

.la1n

Did anyone check out Aris' commentary over the MK X stream? That's the way I should have watched it to begin with.

Azure J

Fun is still more than any Sonic past Knuckles has managed.

Rush, Colors, and Generations were great fun. Lost World was a really neat experiment that showed modern Sonic Team can make an S tier game if given the proper time and not bounced around entire game play designs every ten seconds like we're playing musical chairs.

Kumubou

I do.

Or rather, I will again once CP Extend comes out. No point grinding right now when there's no scene and no one on netplay.
I thought CPEX was setting new land speed records with the anime FGC for how quickly people were dropping the game. May as well pick up... um... err... welp.

It's one thing to be shitting on Marvel but now we shitting on Godhand? Come on now son.
I'm trying to figure out what meta-level Beef is operating on, because there's no way someone could honestly have such awful taste. :V

Zissou

beef (bēf)
n. pl. beeves (bēvz) or beef
a. A full-grown steer, bull, ox, or cow, especially one intended for use as meat.
b. The flesh of a slaughtered full-grown steer, bull, ox, or cow.
2. Informal Human muscle; brawn.
3. pl. beefs Slang A complaint.
intr.v. beefed, beef·ing, beefs Slang
To complain

Kimosabae

Banned
That's interesting. I was reading a scientific article just this morning that showed that the neurological patterns between Marvel players and a 1/2 of ground beef are exactly the same while playing.

Nyoro SF

I can stand waifu discussions
I can stand anime discussions
I can even stand MARVEL of all things

but I won't be here for politics in FGW.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I can stand waifu discussions
I can stand anime discussions
I can even stand MARVEL of all things

but I won't be here for politics in FGW.
I mean, somehow positive feelings for Sonic games slipped through the moderation here, we might as well go all the way.

Shouta pls

Top Bottom