• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 9-15 | Mikrotransaktions™

Dat Tekken 7 Arcade Intro

watch

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I hope this news brings us closer to a PS4/PC exclusive MVC4.

Spiderman in MCU? However, lets be honest. We know Capcom is known for fighting games and they won't solely rely on SFV to bring in the money so there is probably something else in the works that Ono hasn't mentioned. Was him working with DIMPS SFV? I can understand if Capcom received funding from Sony and still outsourced it to DIMPS to make it. Damn, why did Niitsuma have to quit making fighting games?! He could have at least given us a theory patch!

If you can't obtain something officially...

Have you, perhaps, considered unofficial sources? Not that I could condone or direct you to these, of course...

:)

Good day to you sir *tips hat*

I would be greatly interested in obtaining it through official means but it seems that is not a viable solution at this moment. Perhaps there may be other avenues to explore.

Good day sir *tips hat*

Spiderman in MCU? However, lets be honest. We know Capcom is known for fighting games and they won't solely rely on SFV to bring in the money so there is probably something else in the works that Ono hasn't mentioned. Was him working with DIMPS SFV? I can understand if Capcom received funding from Sony and still outsourced it to DIMPS to make it. Damn, why did Niitsuma have to quit making fighting games?! He could have at least given us a theory patch!

Good day to you sir *tips hat*

I would be greatly interested in obtaining it through official means but it seems that is not a viable solution at this moment. Perhaps there may be other avenues to explore.

Good day sir *tips hat*

It's over Yams.

It's over.

Azure J

Infiltration did a raging demon on my sides holy shit

Legitimately haven't felt this surreal opening a stream linked on GAF since that time post I want to say EVO 2012 or a later event when someone dropped a link to some random dudes streaming that Sanic x Windows 95 Maze Screensaver game.

Edit "Shoutouts to racism"

i7q5KFZI48LQC.gif

Astarte

Legitimately haven't felt this surreal opening a stream linked on GAF since that time post I want to say EVO 2012 or a later event when someone dropped a link to some random dudes streaming that Sanic x Windows 95 Maze Screensaver game.

Edit "Shoutouts to racism"

i7q5KFZI48LQC.gif

I expected MysteriousMaskedMan at most, but this absolutely blew me away. I can't even begin to describe

Tizoc

Do you remember seeing any videos of Sengoku Basara X? A lot of the videos I've seen with good players are just too blurry...
Havent seen sbx being played on game acho in months but ill look around for some vids.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
We better get more than one Spider Man character for MVC4! >.>

I would like to see what Doctor Octopus's moveset would be like in MVC3 before they decided to cut him out, along with Frank West.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Damn, why did Niitsuma have to quit making fighting games?! He could have at least given us a theory patch!

Where did you heard that? I didn't even know that he quit working on fighting games so I must be overlooked something when I was lurking this community.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
We better get more than one Spider Man character for MVC4! >.>

I would like to see what Doctor Octopus's moveset would be like in MVC3 before they decided to cut him out, along with Frank West.

Frank West is in the game, he's pretty good once he's leveled up.

Never let a fanboy of a franchise work on your game that involves various franchises

But that's how we got Dante and Vergil... and I love their movesets. We need a mix of fanatic/neutral people in a group to strike a nice balance so we can get more stuff like Dante having a billion moves.

Where did you heard that? I didn't even know that he quit working on fighting games so I must be overlooked something when I was lurking this community.

He said it on twitter that he's still planning to make games, just not fighting games, which disheartened me. He's pretty good at making quality games that feel good.

Dahbomb

wait. Niitsuma is a DMC fanboy?
No he's a Zero fanboy. The DMC fanboy on the MVC3 team was Neo_G.

Never let a fanboy of a franchise work on your game that involves various franchises
While I normally agree with this 99% of the time... Neo_G on MVC3 resulted in Dante aka one of the greatest fighting game characters ever made.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Nah, someone on the team was and wanted to do it really badly so Niitsuma let him from what I recall.

Edit:

Even after all this time Marvel is still a hot topic, I hope Capcom can do something with the Marvel engine in the future ;_;

fader

are you fucking serious...

Neo_G was the combat designer for Marvel 3 (and a bunch of Capcom's other fighters, but he's most well known for Devil May Cry systems). Niitsuma is (understood to be) a huge Zero fanboy. Every game he makes has a Zero that is disgustingly broken.

he worked on CVS2 and MVC2 didn't he?

Azure J

Neo_G was the combat designer for Marvel 3 (and a bunch of Capcom's other fighters, but he's most well known for Devil May Cry systems). Niitsuma is (understood to be) a huge Zero fanboy. Every game he makes has a Zero that is disgustingly broken.

Dahbomb

I am not saying this because Zero is top tier in all the VS games because I do remember for sure him saying he liked that character a lot. Fanboy is probably stretching it though.

Then again he also said the same thing about Hsien Ko and look what happened.

Mr. X

Mvc3 was better due to it.

Neo G worked on a lot of fighters.

Zero is busted in SVC Chaos an SNK produced fighter. The maverick hunter is just busted by default.

fader

I am not saying this because Zero is top tier in all the VS games because I do remember for sure him saying he liked that character a lot. Fanboy is probably stretching it though.

Then again he also said the same thing about Hsien Ko and look what happened.

Zero being good is probably just a coincidence... He's good in TVC and MVC3 is pretty much using the same engine so naturally his dominance would cross over.

Top Bottom