• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 9-15 | Mikrotransaktions™

Spuck-uk

Banned
He's a midtier character that plays nothing like a guilty gear character, and is a complete low effort high reward character.

Aside from a few mechanical issues I have with the game, him and elphelt are the reason I don't play anymore.

You can't even realistically defend against leo without either doing research outside the game, or buying the charatcer to learn his moveset. Awful design, and fuck anyone who plays him.

N8Zgn64.jpg

Spuck-uk

Banned
To be taken with a pinch of salt* and all that.

Leo isnt that strong at all, but he will punish the hell out of you for not knowing the matchup. 1000% less awful than Milia

*huehue

.la1n

I would think the only way we will ever see a Capcom All-Stars is if one of the big three steps up to fund it. Nintendo, it's your time.

also that list is missing all the dmc games and all the cps2 beat 'em ups

Do you have a source for him working on the CPS2 beat-em-ups? I'm really curious about this, but those games' credits do the weirdo pseudonym thing, and if Neo_G did work on them, he would have had to use a different name for, like, every one of those games.

Momochi smacked the shit out of Daigo in the first stage 3-0, run out to a 3-1 (daigo gets 1 for advantage) lead in the FT7 set and chocked the next game which would've made it 4-1. Daigo came back and Momochi got settled before once again choking @ 6-4 up...

They entered 5 tournaments together last year and Momochi finished higher in 4 of them.

Momochi also beat Daigo online and FT7 in Topanga A League 3 as well.

Who cares if he was leading at one point in the ft7. He still lost. The same thing that happened to Momochi, Momochi did the same thing to Sako. Sako smacked the shit out of Momochi 3-0 and was leading 4-2 (5-2 with adv) in the ft7 before choking. Momochi was only really god like in the last stage (2nd ft7) of Topanga A League 4. Daigo was god throughout the entire Topanga League going 10-1 in the ft3 portion of the event (momochi being the only person to beat him) and then going 5-0 in the ft7 part of the event. Even if you took away Daigo's advantage that he deserved, he still would have finished with a better game differential than Momochi.

On the other hand, Momochi went 6-5 in the ft3 portion of the event, had to do a ft7 with places 5-10 to qualify for the final ft7 so he could go up against Daigo. He ended up going 3-2 in that ft7. Bonchan and Kazunoko both went 3-2 in that ft7 as well, but because the tie breaker was who beat who, Bonchan ended up in 1st and Kazunoko in 3rd despite Kazunoko having the most impressive game differential.

No point in bringing up the topanga a league 3 as well. That was the first time he finished higher than Daigo at a topanga league.

FireSol

How is net-code in USF4 in Steam? Also I read that there is lag cheaters on PC how to play against them? Or just buy PS3 version?

Seyavesh

Do you have a source for him working on the CPS2 beat-em-ups? I'm really curious about this, but those games' credits do the weirdo pseudonym thing, and if Neo_G did work on them, he would have had to use a different name for, like, every one of those games.

hmm, apparently not
i remember reading somewhere that he's uncredited in them due to the pseudonym thing but looking through the ones i'm thinking of (d&d som, avp, battle circuit) there's mystery dudes who only have that one game credited to them in the planner sections while the combat systems share a ton of design quirk similarities in terms of combat design while there is no planner credit sharing between them

unsurprisingly almost all of the planners who do have more credited stuff worked on fighting games too- there's a lot of SF alpha, sf3 and darkstalkers in there

hmm, apparently not
i remember reading somewhere that he's uncredited in them due to the pseudonym thing but looking through the ones i'm thinking of (d&d som, avp, battle circuit) there's mystery dudes who only have that one game credited to them in the planner sections while the combat systems share a ton of design quirk similarities in terms of combat design while there is no planner credit sharing between them

unsurprisingly almost all of the planners who do have more credited stuff worked on fighting games too- there's a lot of SF alpha, sf3 and darkstalkers in there

Aw, that's a bummer. A few months ago I tried to see if I could find planner overlap among those games out of curiosity, but I didn't find any interesting links. When I saw your post I was hoping maybe I had missed something.

Tripon

Somebody released an inforgraphic for APEX.

Also, Twitch is hiring a Smash guy to basically be a community liaison with the company and the Smash community. Smash is becoming eSports.

http://www.jobscore.com/jobs2/twitch/partnerships-associate-smash/c2DVY-F9qr5iW8iGaltGfR

Description: The Partnerships Associate for Smash will help onboard and develop broadcasters, leagues, and amateur tournaments. The ideal candidate has a customer service mentality, a passion for Smash and esports, and the desire to turn that passion into a career. Candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent at time of application.

Marz

Character variety in Sm4sh will die down as the game matures, as with most games.

Especially since most of the characters in the game suck.

alstein

How is net-code in USF4 in Steam? Also I read that there is lag cheaters on PC how to play against them? Or just buy PS3 version?

Net-code is a mixed bag. Some folks are really good connects, others really bad.

As for the lag cheaters- if they're lagswitching, nothing you can do. The macro users you have to adjust your style to deal with them- play more defensive and baiting since it's the nature of those types of folks to want to use their ill-gotten toys.

Marz

How is Smash Wii u online?

Character variety or just in general?

People playing all sorts of characters because its smash, its fun, and the majority of the player base isn't hardcore enough too care.

As far as how the netcode runs, its serviceable. Definitely a lot better than Brawl but its not amazing or anything.

fader

Character variety or just in general?

People playing all sorts of characters because its smash, its fun, and the majority of the player base isn't hardcore enough too care.

As far as how the netcode runs, its serviceable. Definitely a lot better than Brawl but its not amazing or anything.

yea i was just talking about the netcode. I quoted you cause I agreed with your statement.

OK. people put over smash wii u netcode, i don't know if they are comparing it to brawl or just in general.

I hope as more characters get pushed out of the picture, ZSS would get more screen time. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bqi5J7KEr0

Anne

I just wanna say I asked around out of curiosity and apparently there are timings/OSes/options that severely limit Leo's mix up on top of his actual limitations.

Sayad

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";151455752]Yeah, from day one it was apparent Leo just couldnt cut it.

Is Ino top tier yet?[/QUOTE]
Long as Faust is, she wont be.

Shouta

Leo salt is kinda funny. He hits like a truck though and his counter is gonna lead to more damage now for him.

Also, I don't understand why Jebailey is making an anime version of CEO. It's strange because he has CEO for that unless he wants to reduce the load. Otherwise you have NEC for East Anime and NWM for West Coast anime majors.

Top Bottom