• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 20-26 | I Can't Believe It's Not A Fighting Game

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I actually had that on the list. Forgot to update. Having no patch as oppose to having too many patches are both equally bad.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
I couldn't even chat in my own channel.

Twitch pls

The little things can be satisfying.

And if you're involved in your regional scene then enough people can get your back when things go awry. KiT is really volunteer based and decentralized. Pretty much everything Marvel related, from streams to setups to bracket runners, is sourced out of our small Alabama group. Having all these top players around for what might as well be one of our locals is pretty fun.

I will note, however, that this is the second tournament I've streamed in Tennessee, and it also happens to be the second tournament in Tennessee where some shmuck complained about my setup being laggy, when it isn't. Good thing I had the foresight to get photographic proof beforehand this time... I don't blame TOs for playing it safe, but I definitely don't appreciate scrubs who think their reactions are sharper than they really are.

Anyway, pumped for tomorrow.

Did you buy the lag tester? Can you show me the photograph? looking to get one myself.
Also are you using the XCapture1 on your stream? Just wondering. I'm thinking of getting one for arcade capture based on your review.

Sayah

Injustice wins NeoGAF FGotY

There wasn't much competition. lol

2012 was the best year for fighting games. I don't think I've ever seen a year where we had that much quality and diversity.

SCV, SFXTK, TTT2, DoA5, VF5FS, Skullgirls, Persona 4 Arena.

I will note, however, that this is the second tournament I've streamed in Tennessee, and it also happens to be the second tournament in Tennessee where some shmuck complained about my setup being laggy, when it isn't. Good thing I had the foresight to get photographic proof beforehand this time... I don't blame TOs for playing it safe, but I definitely don't appreciate scrubs who think their reactions are sharper than they really are.

Yeah that seemed a bit ridiculous to me. People were playing Marvel for hours before then and I didn't see anyone complain about any sort of lag, (obviously you don't see everything on stream though) then DOA starts and the monitor is suddenly laggy. You could tell it was bullshit just by watching the stream.

Injustice wins NeoGAF FGotY

It didn't have much competition but it's still well deserved.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There wasn't much competition. lol

2012 was the best year for fighting games. I don't think I've ever seen a year where we had that much quality and diversity.

SCV, SFXTK, TTT2, DoA5, VF5FS, Skullgirls, Persona 4 Arena.
Yeah 2013 kind of sucked. 2012 had great diversity and 2011 had some heavy hitters throughout.

2014 is looking like it's going to suck TBH. Cross-generational lul in development.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Is this the Vs. Series mod for SF4?

iIhdT5mlZEb29.gif

Even with competition, Injustice still deserves it. Sold more copies than Twilight DVDs and the developers cared enough to work with players on what they want in it to the point where too much is too much.

iIhdT5mlZEb29.gif

Even with competition, Injustice still deserves it. Sold more copies than Twilight DVDs and the developers cared enough to work with players on what they want in it to the point where too much is too much.

That stuff is really in Ultra?

Fuck, man. I'm scared now.

Sayah

Yeah 2013 kind of sucked. 2012 had great diversity and 2011 had some heavy hitters throughout.

2014 is looking like it's going to suck TBH. Cross-generational lul in development.

Thankfully, Smash Bros. 4 will be the only thing I'll need.

I'm also looking forward to trying out USFIV and Guilty Gear (if it releases).

TKXSF should be finally shown/re-revealed this year too and I'm gonna freak out (in a good way). The first next-gen Namco fighter........ufffffffffffffffff.

Silky

Banned
This year will most likely be the usual games I practice, plus Ultra & KI.

I'll hop back into the GG machine when I see arcade version is out

Dahbomb

No Marvel patch was really more of last year's news than this year's news. The disbanding happened last year.

Injustice was the fighting GOTY by a mile. It wasn't even close IMO.

Probably FFXV and KHIII.

The only next gen game I am actively looking forward to is MGSV. My guess is that there are going to be a lot of late previous gen games that will get ported over that I will end up playing on these new consoles (like a GTAV).

I will probably play some GGXrd too although I have 0 GG experience.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Did you buy the lag tester? Can you show me the photograph? looking to get one myself.
Also are you using the XCapture1 on your stream? Just wondering. I'm thinking of getting one for arcade capture based on your review.
Speaking of which, direct empirical testing of input lag is THE BEST thing to happen to monitors and setups. No more "this shit lags. I say so." or suspect/bullshit testing methodology, you can use the device and get a solid number that was directly measured.

Silky

Banned
Two non FG games I really really fucking want....

probably Sunset Overdrive and Bayonetta 2. Both of which will have to make me do the new console thing. ; A;. Might as well sell my Vita for a Wii-U lol.

Sayah

You just know 2014 is all about that Pokken.

announcement when

Please let it be............

X and Evil within.

Nice. X needs an official title already.
Evil Within looks amazing as well.

These are probably the games I most want releasing in the near or far-off future.

Dark Souls II
Kingdom Hearts III
Final Fantasy XV

Evil Within
Bayonetta 2
X
Tekken X Street Fighter
Super Smash Bros. 4 (Wii U)
Mario Kart 7
Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei

Coda

Two non FG games I really really fucking want....

probably Sunset Overdrive and Bayonetta 2. Both of which will have to make me do the new console thing. ; A;. Might as well sell my Vita for a Wii-U lol.

I sold my Vita for a Wii U, it kinda hurt but I know I'm not a handheld person by nature so the Wii U made perfect sense to me once Bayonetta 2 and X were announced. I love the system, just need those must plays for hardcore gamers to come out. Some unique/quirky amazing first party titles that are unexpected would be nice too.

FSLink

Banned
On a brighter note, there's an arcade opening up in San Antonio. Hopefully it does well despite the nature of the business being tough. I'm definitely going to support when it opens.

AAK

Thankfully, Smash Bros. 4 will be the only thing I'll need.

I'm also looking forward to trying out USFIV and Guilty Gear (if it releases).

TKXSF should be finally shown/re-revealed this year too and I'm gonna freak out (in a good way). The first next-gen Namco fighter........ufffffffffffffffff.

Harada said himself there is no Tekken announcement for E3 or TGS or EVO, we have to wait until December for the 20th anniversary to get the next Tekken announcement.

Oh well, I'm in no rush, not like it has any chance of being better than TTT2 :p

Dahbomb

You guys think EVO this year would break the 200K mark?

And which game will have the highest viewership?

I think if they schedule it right, USF4 could have the highest viewers. New game, final spot... no clear favorite to win.

smurfx

get some go again
You guys think EVO this year would break the 200K mark?

And which game will have the highest viewership?

I think if they schedule it right, USF4 could have the highest viewers. New game, final spot... no clear favorite to win.
USF could definitely get the highest viewers as long as they start it earlier.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think the pre-EVO exhibition should be a eating contest between Lee Chung, Wiz, Flux, Floe and whoever wants in. Lee Chung already called out two people and said he would body them in eating.

I would actually enjoy a sequel to it very much.

The game was held back by the hardware... real time Legion summoning and swapping to do combos is a truly next gen mechanic for action games. It's a franchise with a lot of potential.

The real issue is the licensing on that, it's based on some novel series and Capcom needs permission similar to Strider. So we won't be seeing it anytime soon.

Late response is late.

Aw, didn't know it was in a similar situation as Strider. Would be neat to have that concept on some more powerful hardware as you noted, even if it's not that world.

But this is a fighting game thread, so....#put_Sieg_in_marvel. It'd be interesting to see how they'd balance Force and Assault modes for that sort of game.

Clawww

has anyone ever experimented with a consecutive re-stream of an event? obviously, EVO loses some viewers internationally due to timezones, but what if they just repeated the main events/top 8s for each game following the conclusion of the tournament? I guess they would end up with less concurrent viewers, but maybe they could get more total views over the weekend? people would arguably be less excited about it not being 'live' but that shouldn't be too bad if they avoid spoilers (turn off chat lol). just throwing out this weakass conjecture

So no basically.

Best case is Killer Instinct goes on last. Then they can get more money out of MS as the "featured game" and everybody can go to bed.

On a brighter note, there's an arcade opening up in San Antonio. Hopefully it does well despite the nature of the business being tough. I'm definitely going to support when it opens.

Are they doing anything different? I can imagine a lot of support when it opens, but it is down the track when support dwindles that the issues would start.

has anyone ever experimented with a consecutive re-stream of an event? obviously, EVO loses some viewers internationally due to timezones, but what if they just repeated the main events/top 8s for each game following the conclusion of the tournament? I guess they would end up with less concurrent viewers, but maybe they could get more total views over the weekend? people would arguably be less excited about it not being 'live' but that shouldn't be too bad if they avoid spoilers (turn off chat lol). just throwing out this weakass conjecture

IPL did that constantly 7 days a week, and to their own detriment according to some people. A lot of esports events immediately restream stuff at the end of the live day, and things like blizzcon or MLG had instantly available vods last I checked, but I don't know if it would work for something as fast and hype-dependent as fighting games.

FSLink

Banned
Are they doing anything different? I can imagine a lot of support when it opens, but it is down the track when support dwindles that the issues would start.

Not too sure, the people who are running it are acquaintances of mine, and I'm sure they'll have weekly streams at the very least, but not sure how it'll go later down the line. I'm sure they're aware of the issues so hopefully they'll tackle them as they come. I'm definitely down to support.

They did post a picture of a Killer Instinct set up too, getting hype~

Top Bottom