• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 5-11 | A World Warrior Demographic

DunpealD

I'm so ass at FB. Are there any low-skill gaffers?

Looks like there are some who posted here, but there are also some who got it just recently according to the OT.

As always if you're looking for a place to make rooms happen the IRC room posted in the OT is probably your best bet. You might want to dodge the seasoned frequent players who probably are over 9000! matches already. As with every fighting game you'll get crushed by them.

Is a reduced price version of FB happening anytime soon?

If a reduced price version is coming. It will probably shortly before the announcement of the MB console port.

I actually find it funny that close to nobody on FGW plays FB, when there're a lot of posts crying about Option Selects, tight 1-2f input windows, complex inputs and other system gripes.
Considering FB has nothing of that and it got good netplay too.
But to be fair, Norn(DLC + Top Tier) is being picked a lot the last time I played which has been quite a while ago though. So this might have changed.

Shouta

I think air wanted to do something when Pepeday and Kazunoko get here? Ive never been to an fgc event here due to lazyness or work but Im tempted to go to the next VSB...whenever that is.

Air has as VSB scheduled for the 11th, I think? No way I can make that, lol.

Saturdays are already somewhat rough for me to attend events in Vancouver because they always happen at night but any other day is pretty much impossible because I have work on Mondays.

Kimosabae

Banned
Also maaaad respect, for that donation in Hito's name, Shouta. Never felt such a tangible loss to a forum member I never even met.

cHaotix8

Aye reminder The Score 1k is tonight, the pre-KiT 1k 16 man bracket. Single elim, random seeds, 3/5

1. Arturo Sanchez “TS Sabin”
2. Micheal Swearingen “MLSwear”
3. Joel Rosario “YG Joel”
4. Maurice Effinger “KIT Nice1″
5. Kevin Landon “Dieminion”
6. Kenneth Bradley “EG KBrad”
7. Sanford Kelly “TSC Sanford Kelly”
8. Justin Wong “EG JWong”
9. Hamad Akbar “DL Hamad”
10. Ricky Ortiz “EG Ricky”
11. Jonathan Molina “VGP Integra”
12. Vu Tra “Ranmasama”
13. Jonathan DeLeon “MOR Rico Suave”
14. Ludovic Mbah “Ludovic”
15. Carl White “Perfect Legend”
16. Brian Moses “Weltall”

Moses is a TN Ibuki player who won the last chance qualifier. The list is mostly the same as before, Smug couldn't make it so we made sure to just maximize salt instead. 8PM CST on PandaXGaming.

Also I am pretty sure this is the current stream schedule for KiT this weekend. HMU if any questions pop up https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...jVpVmQ1dk5STjlJNXRad3h3TWc&usp=sharing#gid=11

Man, i've beaten half that list in tournament already T_T . Wish I could have gotten in. I have faith in my boys Teggy as long as he doesn't have to fight Dieminion. I think Ranmasama will have a pretty good shot too, his Dekapre has Marvel level mixups.

Anyone else gonna be at KIT? I arrive at the airport today at around 9-9:30PM and wouldn't mind splitting a cab/Uber.

I've been subscribing to these threads for months but have only posted in them twice, time to fix that. Damn Michigan weather has been affecting going to locals, so been playing a lot more online, but it just isn't the same.

Exr

Air has as VSB scheduled for the 11th, I think? No way I can make that, lol.

Saturdays are already somewhat rough for me to attend events in Vancouver because they always happen at night but any other day is pretty much impossible because I have work on Mondays.
Lol you dont even live here and you know more about the events than I do, I have to step it up.
Nice going with that donation, too.

Shouta

I saw it on facebook but I do help run events in the region so I gotta know when some stuff is happening.

mbpm1

Here I thought 11 F was freezing...

image.php

I'd just like to comment on how awesome our Fighting game opening movies are getting. USF4 and TTT2 have some awesome intros and I watch them every time I load up the games.

BEYONDDDDD GOOOODDDD.

I actually find it funny that close to nobody on FGW plays FB, when there're a lot of posts crying about Option Selects, tight 1-2f input windows, complex inputs and other system gripes.
Considering FB has nothing of that and it got good netplay too.
But to be fair, Norn(DLC + Top Tier) is being picked a lot the last time I played which has been quite a while ago though. So this might have changed.

Man, I been meaning to get back to it. It was quite fun, even though I mostly played with the CPU.

Beckx

FB is that Gundam arena fighting game right? Is there even an English version?

yes

no (but the menus are very simple and most in english)

I'd just like to comment on how awesome our Fighting game opening movies are getting. USF4 and TTT2 have some awesome intros and I watch them every time I load up the games.

BEYONDDDDD GOOOODDDD.

Eh, they still have a long way to catch up to Soul Blade/Edge, the greatest opening of all time. Ever.

jbug617

Banned
Microsoft is allowing 360/XB1 peripherals now. PDP has a MK fightpad that you can switch from 360 to XB1 and Markman just tweeted they are working on 360/XB1 stick.

i'll never understand why people mix handles with governments

i don't know no kenneths

i'll prolly dip for the master series, ultrachen talkin up the matches got me excited

Nyoro SF

Microsoft is allowing 360/XB1 peripherals now. PDP has a MK fightpad that you can switch from 360 to XB1 and Markman just tweeted they are working on 360/XB1 stick.

Er, that's not really allowing, unless Microsoft was actually dumb enough to ban devices that had X360 controls in any way, shape or form. Which wouldn't surprise me

jbug617

Banned
TFC 2015 date announced
Ok everyone here is the date for TFC2k15: September 11th - 13th, sorry we had to switch back to September for 2015
We're going back to October in 2016.
More info will be posted in a few weeks.

Maybe he'll show us some Dekappa.

Hori A: Your final match in Topanga League had been with MCZ|Daigo's Evil Ryu. You went with Ibuki for this match, and the match ended with Daigo winning it very convincingly. Although we had a bunch of mixed feelings as we were watching that match, honestly it looked like you were enjoying yourself very much, weren't you? *Laughs*

Hori|Sako: Indeed I was, the match had been a lot of fun! He was such a strong player that, mid-way through the set a smile broke out on my face *laughs*.

Hori A: Wait a minute, what do you mean? Daigo's playing a character you used to main! *Laughs*

Hori|Sako: But Umehara's Evil Ryu was stronger than back when I played the character. *Laughs*

The way he fought and zoned, the way he used forward+MK and cr.MK into fireball was just too amazing! While it's true that on the Ibuki side of things there was definitely more that I could have done in the match, a lot of times he had me locked down so tight that there didn't seem to be any ways out, and it had truly been a tough fight.

It's almost like the only thing I could say about the match was "that [Evil Ryu] was too good! I'm utterly defeated!!" *Laughs*

I think there isn't anyone out there who's Evil Ryu is at a higher level than Umehara's.

Hori A: Okay, from here on out we're going to ask the tough questions *laughs*. With regards to Daigo's Evil Ryu, what would you say are where his true strengths lie in?

Hori|Sako: His true strengths are certainly not limited to the confines of Evil Ryu. It's the way he's conscious of his opponent, the way he exerts his overwhelming sense of control. The way he judges scenarios. And his ability to zone you into the area of the stage that he wants you to be in is also impeccable. To sum it all up, there is a tremendous amount of balance in the way he plays.

A lot of that is fundamentally rooted in the way he understands and uses the Hadouken. That's one point of difference that separates him from all of the other Evil Ryu users out there. To the extent that, Umehara playing Evil Ryu should be considered against the rules, no? *Laughs*

Akiki (Sako's wife): If you were to fight Umehara's Evil Ryu with your Evil Ryu, how do you the match would have ended?

Hori|Sako: The match would probably be impossible for me to win *laughs*. I'd be able to take a few games, sure. But on a technical level it doesn't feel like there is any area at all that I would be able to trump him at, I think.

It's frustrating for me to say this, but I don't feel that I can win.

Unless there's a huge change in the way I play Evil Ryu, if I were to go up against Umehara with my Evil Ryu one more time, I think the match would have ended for me in a manner worse than what happened at Topanga A League.

He's simply too strong. He won the whole thing with Evil Ryu!? It really is amazing. I'd like to train a whole bunch and get close to his level again.

Hori A: It sounds like you're all motivated to chase after him *laughs*.

Hori|Sako: Battling against Umehara makes fighting games really enjoyable. Once I've thoroughly practiced I'd love to take him on again.

Hori A: Okay, that about wraps up the Topanga League. That's pretty much it for your performance this year, but is there anything you're preparing for next year?

Hori|Sako: I suppose first of all I'll be preparing for Shadowloo Showdown in February. As Elena was a character I prepared for EVO and the Topanga League, I feel that it's about time I stop using her. I might be switching characters again.

Akiki: Even though they've already made a Shadowloo poster for you, based on your character switch to Elena!

Hori|Sako: There's a character whom I feel like, moving forward, it might be a good idea to play him/her. Although it's a character I've used before, I've thought of some new tactics to fight using him/her again. If the character moves in a way I imagine he/she'd move... it feels like with the next update (Ver. 1.04) he/she would likely be able to fight in the way I envision.

In terms of difficulty level of play, he/she might be on the high side, however, so to switch to this character I would need a great deal of practice.

But I feel like I'd be able to use this character really well.

Hori A: Let the speculations begin, huh...

Hori|Sako: Oh, and also I just unboxed GGXrd today. From here on out I'm a Guilty player! *Laughs*

Hori A: That's something that pretty much everybody thought you'd do!

Quoted from Ehubs

Sayad

The real news is:
Hori|Sako: Oh, and also I just unboxed GGXrd today. From here on out I'm a Guilty player! *Laughs*

Hori A: That's something that pretty much everybody thought you'd do!
;p

Top Bottom