• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 5-11 | A World Warrior Demographic

Kumubou

Donated to AGDQ 2015
Real talk, good shit on that donation. I can't understand why anyone would be salty about that... but that's how the Internet is.

I need to catch the archive.
You really do; that block was insane.

And on that note...

B6y7Q6yCAAALxAw.jpg:large

Fighting games can't even be as e-sports as Tetris. :<

Hey guys, this seems like a good place for this question. I'm thinking about downloading Guilty Gear Xrd right now, as I'm looking for a fighting game that will force me to learn the technical side of it and hopefully get me used to the mindset one needs to have to get into more competitive play. As someone who only has limited experience with SFIV and MvC3, you think that's a good starting place? I only have a PS4 and a Wii U, so I figured Guilty Gear was as good a place as any to start.

Onemic

Hey guys, this seems like a good place for this question. I'm thinking about downloading Guilty Gear Xrd right now, as I'm looking for a fighting game that will force me to learn the technical side of it and hopefully get me used to the mindset one needs to have to get into more competitive play. As someone who only has limited experience with SFIV and MvC3, you think that's a good starting place? I only have a PS4 and a Wii U, so I figured Guilty Gear was as good a place as any to start.

It will be challenging but well worth it. The game has a really good tutorial and lessons on things to practice.

Zissou

You can learn with any game. I think the most important thing is to pick a game you love enough to play for the long haul (since it'll take some time to get good). You could probably get competent at most fighters in a relatively short time though. Going from competent to good takes longer.

You can learn with any game. I think the most important thing is to pick a game you love enough to play for the long haul (since it'll take some time to get good). You could probably get competent at most fighters in a relatively short time though. Going from competent to good takes longer.
Yeah, for sure. That's something I've fortunately taught myself with Smash Bros. online. That first week you see a ton of improvement, and then it teeters of a bit until you put the work in. With Guilty Gear, I think the artwork alone might keep me playing. If not though, I know SFV is going to work for me; I've always loved SF, just never have had the systems to keep up with it.

Jazz-ism

Banned

Yeah, for sure. That's something I've fortunately taught myself with Smash Bros. online. That first week you see a ton of improvement, and then it teeters of a bit until you put the work in. With Guilty Gear, I think the artwork alone might keep me playing. If not though, I know SFV is going to work for me; I've always loved SF, just never have had the systems to keep up with it.

assuming you are a beginner, it is a good point to realize the more times you do the process of learning a new game, the easier it becomes for most people. also, you will notice that a lot of mindsets and concepts carry over from game to game in different ways

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
PLS KADEY DO YOU KNOW HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS TO ME!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TAKE BACK THIS CURSE!

WHY THIS IS THE FIGHTING GAME THREAD! THIS IS NOT EVEN THE PLACE FOR THIS SORCERY!

What are you crying about?

NWM > UFGT > Texas Championships.

I don't see why people get so worked up about what other people do with their money and especially for a good cause. If I had a million dollars I'd donate it to a cancer foundation.

assuming you are a beginner, it is a good point to realize the more times you do the process of learning a new game, the easier it becomes for most people. also, you will notice that a lot of mindsets and concepts carry over from game to game in different ways
Good point. I think I'm going to take the dive this weekend.

kasane

finally watched the daigo vs rog matched on capcom cup and i think daigo went full tilt. He was on way to destroy rog lmao

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm still stuck in holidays mode. Sleeping habits are beyond screwed up. Doesn't help that days are shorter.

I'm glad there are tons of active streams I can run in the background. Max and his buddies, Aris going nuts over online Tekken, random speedrunning streams, etc.

What are you crying about?

NWM > UFGT > Texas Championships.

I don't see why people get so worked up about what other people do with their money and especially for a good cause. If I had a million dollars I'd donate it to a cancer foundation.

What am I crying about? I am crying about your black magic! We don't need the Kadey Curse! I'm trying to start 2015 off the right way and in order to top 2014 I can't have this Kadey Curse looming over my team!

I thought UFGT was the favorite of GAF.

Nothing feels as hopeless to me as playing a much better player in vsav...it's weird cuz it's kinda a straightforward game, it's not like there is an Oki vortex or something but when you are outclassed it's like everything you do is wrong, all your buttons get beat etc.

orly?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_Rs0k-AIcE

(get a bag or bucket ready, or ensure the way to the bathroom is clear)

Twitter reactions are funny. I do enjoy having an alias that so easily gets lost in the internet.

Shouta is FGCNN.

Anyone have a link to the donation and twitter reactions?

NEO0MJ

Cursing sports teams should be a bannable offense. Shouta pls.

Haven't you already realized that she works for Shouta? All that bad luck she inflicts on others is then converted to good luck for Shouta in order to maintain universal balance. It's how he got Ogawa.

Exr

Shouta, you gonna come up and visit me soon?

Iuno when van city next tourny is tho

I just wanna hang out
I think air wanted to do something when Pepeday and Kazunoko get here? Ive never been to an fgc event here due to lazyness or work but Im tempted to go to the next VSB...whenever that is.

Anne

Aye reminder The Score 1k is tonight, the pre-KiT 1k 16 man bracket. Single elim, random seeds, 3/5

1. Arturo Sanchez &#8220;TS Sabin&#8221;
2. Micheal Swearingen &#8220;MLSwear&#8221;
3. Joel Rosario &#8220;YG Joel&#8221;
4. Maurice Effinger &#8220;KIT Nice1&#8243;
5. Kevin Landon &#8220;Dieminion&#8221;
6. Kenneth Bradley &#8220;EG KBrad&#8221;
7. Sanford Kelly &#8220;TSC Sanford Kelly&#8221;
8. Justin Wong &#8220;EG JWong&#8221;
9. Hamad Akbar &#8220;DL Hamad&#8221;
10. Ricky Ortiz &#8220;EG Ricky&#8221;
11. Jonathan Molina &#8220;VGP Integra&#8221;
12. Vu Tra &#8220;Ranmasama&#8221;
13. Jonathan DeLeon &#8220;MOR Rico Suave&#8221;
14. Ludovic Mbah &#8220;Ludovic&#8221;
15. Carl White &#8220;Perfect Legend&#8221;
16. Brian Moses &#8220;Weltall&#8221;

Moses is a TN Ibuki player who won the last chance qualifier. The list is mostly the same as before, Smug couldn't make it so we made sure to just maximize salt instead. 8PM CST on PandaXGaming.

Also I am pretty sure this is the current stream schedule for KiT this weekend. HMU if any questions pop up https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...jVpVmQ1dk5STjlJNXRad3h3TWc&usp=sharing#gid=11

Mr. X

Perfect Legend will be out first round. Believe it.

Returning SF cast in SFV need new outfits. Please Capcom.

Top Bottom