• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 5-11 | A World Warrior Demographic

mbpm1

He used Viper in vanilla. But she didn't change in the new update, did she?

What character dramatically changed?

Let's see among character changes

Akuma has faster fireballs
Blanka has dramatically better cr. mk, some blanka player here detailed the drastic changes to combos it allows
Decapre was buffed a shitton
Hakan got a considerably better cr jab and a much better crossup when oiled
Hugo got a good standing jab and better claps and a real super again
Rolento got better anti-airs, combo capacity and safer ex roll
Ryu got better fireballs and focus cancellable Cl St HK
Seth got more health

So, I'm guessing Decapre.

hitsugi

Did Sako ever really use Decapre...? Outside of those exhibition matches where Daigo was playing Hugo, of course.

He's just on the edge of being too modest in that interview, but that's Sako for ya.

Looking at the characters he's used who received some kind of change in 1.04:

Viper - nothing major
Cammy - nothing major
Decapre - all sorts of buffs
Elena - shitloads of things but he's done with her
E.Ryu - health nerf
Gen - some damage buffs and reduced recovery on hands
Ibuki - nothing major
Rose - nothing major
Seth - health buff
Yang - nothing major
Yun - nerfs

He's played Chun, but there's nothing happening there... Decapre or Gen seem like the only choices.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That feel when you have a super important phone appointment where they are supposed to call you at 12:30 and they call you at 7:30 in the morning instead. So I had to call them *which ment going through papers to find the damn number and extension* "Oh thanks for calling!" Grrr

Yeah same. The Tekken series always gets my hyped.
I'm am here noooow. Am the doing I caaaaaan!

Fighting games have the best intros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUSZ2tCQ_Ko
Tekken 5 Intro--^

Yes I guess it's saying something if Namco has the most of the communities regards as animating the best intro sequences. Soul Calibur is by Namco afterall. Tekken intro's get me mad hypeeed and I love that song too. But pretty sure he says "I'm here nowwww I'm doing the best I cannnnn"

DunpealD

I figure the worst part of picking up an EXVS with no ability to read Japanese would be the character select screen. Lots of similar looking suits in a difficult to memorize menu.

Gundam, they all look the same! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can set up to 3 favorites and each unit is sorted into their respective Gundam franchise. Considering the fact that this game also has the function to sell merchandise, finding the correct suit should be the least of your problems.

Azure J

vampire savior has my fav intro in a fighting game.

This is a good pick actually. In terms of my outright favorite ever, it'd probably go to Super Smash Bros. Melee. How that game still has the best intro in the franchse is a mystery. I'm also a big fan of Super Turbo's and Vanilla Marvel 3's (those mini movies were TOO good).

I like Xrd's as well but not enough to say it's top tier or anything. It has a nice mix of series intrigue and raw energy/personality with the second half introducing the characters.

Soul Edge still has the best fighting game intro ever.

<3

GG character crisis solved. I got drafted into the bunny brigade, strawberry cancer department. Job description said something about shotgun damage.

(Seriously, who the hell approved power shotgun damage? That thing is filthy.)

This is a good pick actually. In terms of my outright favorite ever, it'd probably go to Super Smash Bros. Melee. How that game still has the best intro in the franchse is a mystery. I'm also a big fan of Super Turbo's and Vanilla Marvel 3's (those mini movies were TOO good).

I like Xrd's as well but not enough to say it's top tier or anything. It has a nice mix of series intrigue and raw energy/personality with the second half introducing the characters.

Melee's intro is godlike. That music, that everything. Actually, just Melee. Melee is godlike.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You must have no idea how bad the kusoge can get, then. There's a whole bunch of games out that make Evil Zone look world-class.

You haven't lived until you've survived The Book (tm).

If I can laugh at how shitty it is and get some random enjoyment out of it, it's already better

Azure J

<3

GG character crisis solved. I got drafted into the bunny brigade, strawberry cancer department. Job description said something about shotgun damage.

(Seriously, who the hell approved power shotgun damage? That thing is filthy.)

4th Battalion, "Christmas Crusaders" here. Shotgun is the new Puffball. Now if only I had Johnny so my trend of dual maining a shooter and a slicer could continue. :p

http://youtu.be/Eajoen8TeT8?t=6s

I like this part of the melee intro because there's some cathedral singing in harmony over a stupid mario toy coming to life.

Also skylanders foreshadowing

This part is magical to me. It's made even better by the Smashing Live CD version extending it even further. The combination of visuals through the Shiek/Zelda segment to the end of the Fox/Wolf dogfight is just too perfect for that bit of music.

This is a good pick actually. In terms of my outright favorite ever, it'd probably go to Super Smash Bros. Melee. How that game still has the best intro in the franchse is a mystery.

What mystery? It has an actual video to fit the song instead of being an amv with gameplay here and there. I love the Sm4sh character reveal videos but the intro needed an animation of its own.

It also needed someone shouting "SUPER SMASH BROTHERS"

FSLink

Banned
What mystery? It has an actual video to fit the song instead of being an amv with gameplay here and there. I love the Sm4sh character reveal videos but the intro needed an animation of its own.

Yeah they really should have just extended the beginning of the Villager trailer and add everyone else. The series logos is pretty hype.

NastyBook

lol Just met ShinBlanka in a Public Event on Destiny. Didn't know if it was him, so I messaged him. He confirmed, and we chatted for a while. Didn't make things awkward by sending him a FR, so I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now. :D

Got the weekend off for FR, so I'll show up and get wrecked in Xrd right quick. Not gonna get serious about that until I get a gaming monitor.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

The lack of SUPER SMASH BROOOOOOOTHERS was my biggest disappointment with the game.

B63gVJGCUAA-Lc5.jpg

nerd josh

Top Bottom