• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 5-11 | A World Warrior Demographic

Unlucky

B7F1WvyCAAA79re.jpg

pics via Twitter

Kimosabae

Banned
We got no commentators for Xrd, believe me I tried -_- I just asked for there to not be dead air. Right now it's literally unplanned exhibitions and money matches for the sake of everything ran on time and there are good players here people might wanna see. I left the mics open and the stream set up open, it's literally just whatever the players wanna do with it.

Anyways thanks for watching those who did. I tried to stream as many pool matches as I could and we still finished early every time :D

Not having good commentators isn't anyone's fault, so don't think I'm looking to blame anyone. The stream has been great outside that, so great job doing what you could.

But the Capcom community is lightyears ahead of more niche community's like Guilty Gear's in terms of having players/members with the foresight to place high priority on good commentating. That has to be addressed, I feel. This year, especially.

Sucks we can't seem to get more spill over. It'd be great if some of the Capcom heads could provide some of their commentary skills.

What's Dacidbro doing?

Kimosabae

Banned
You don't even have to be knowledgable about a game to provide good commentary. Just be as objective as you can and display some energy for crissakes.

These dudes keep putting me to sleep.

I can't tell whether ppl really dislike rose or luffy.... or both?

Both.

When Xian was doing all this fuckery, one poke into 600 damage and next to unblockables with Gen I rarely saw anybody bitch or complain about how good
cheap
Gen's options were off a knockdown.

Now Louffy comes onto the scene and bodies everybody's hero at Evo.. yea the hate was real. Plus Louffy slapped Bonchan hard in the grand finals because of Bonchan's lack of matchup knowledge.

While Rose is really good, her Ultra 2 has been nerfed in every version. Her ex reversal has been given more invincibility so it works the way it was supposed .. but now it's not throw invincible.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You don't even have to be knowledgable about a game to provide good commentary. Just be objective and have some energy for crissakes.

These dudes keep putting me to sleep.

Well you also don't need to sound like you have no clue what's going on and ramble on about said fact.

Edit: Best oki set up for Rose with meter, walk up throw

I have been asking people all weekend and have not gotten the same answer twice

I don't know anything. Daigo had a kumite on nico and was followed by a jp competitive mario kart player who also had his own kumite. It was called the Daigo & Nobuo challenge. Maybe you can look up that player.

Imm0rt4l

Both.

When Xian was doing all this fuckery, one poke into 600 damage and next to unblockables with Gen I rarely saw anybody bitch or complain about how good
cheap
Gen's options were off a knockdown.

Now Louffy comes onto the scene and bodies everybody's hero at Evo.. yea the hate was real. Plus Louffy slapped Bonchan hard in the grand finals because of Bonchan's lack of matchup knowledge.

While Rose is really good, her Ultra 2 has been nerfed in every version. Her ex reversal has been given more invincibility so it works the way it was supposed .. but now it's not throw invincible.

Lots of people complained about unblockables and made jokes on 'set up fighter 4'. I think that was fair and capcom dealt with unblockables. Gen is just a character that doesn't get enough burn. Cammy got most of the complaints cuz you can pretty much throw a rock in a crowd of sf4 players and hit a cammy player. Gen, not so much.

fader

Well you also don't need to sound like you have no clue what's going on and ramble on about said fact.

Edit: Best oki set up for Rose with meter, walk up throw

thats one of my biggest complaints is when you don't know what so say about a certain situation fine, but don't openly acknowledge it and center your commentary on it.

.la1n

Xrd community needs to groom some commentators for their game. Seriously.

Nothing is worse than Blake commentating KI top 8 yesterday. My ears have still not fully recovered their hearing ability.

Aris is the best commentator.

Agreed.

;)

Luffy exposing how mad overrated snakeeyes is

Luffy didn't expose anything. If Snakeeyes is "overrated" it's only because other people made it so, as a player he is easily the best Zangief, I don't see much argument otherwise. Luffy didn't change that.

ShinMaruku

Luffy exposing how mad overrated snakeeyes is

Well Luffy exposed everybody at EVO.
But I get where you are coming from. Far too much Snake eyes dick riders. Like that capcom cup "He's gonna win" thing but he is really good. I think it's more that Luffy is THAT GOOD than him being a fraud.

Just woke up. Anything cool happen at Canada Cup?

Daigo got Daigo'd. Up 6-4 against Xiaohai and let him come back to win it 7-6. His fireball game got blown up. Xiaohai kept correctly predicting fireballs and got full jump in combos from it. Evil Ryu jump in combos against himself takes away 45% health lol.

What are they at right now?

currently:

Melee 1v1 Total: 887
Brawl 1v1 Total: 129
Smash 4 1v1 Total: 609
Smash 64 1v1 Total: 151

Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire VGC total: 67

Ultra Street Fighter IV 1v1 Total: 62
Guilty Gear Xrd 1v1 Total: 33
Killer Instinct 1v1 Total: 15
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 1v1 Total: 22

hey maybe if Apex 2015 does get the record Mr. Wizard's ego won't let them get the last word and Melee will be at Evo 2015

lol yeah right I'd be surprised if he cared

Man those Smash numbers blow me away every year. Even if this THE Smash major, my mind is still blown because the number is so far and away higher than anything we see in traditional fighting games outside of EVO and those crazy Japanese team tournaments that always seems to bring out 500+ players.

Anne

Not having good commentators isn't anyone's fault, so don't think I'm looking to blame anyone. The stream has been great outside that, so great job doing what you could.

But the Capcom community is lightyears ahead of more niche community's like Guilty Gear's in terms of having players/members with the foresight to place high priority on good commentating. That has to be addressed, I feel. This year, especially.

Sucks we can't seem to get more spill over. It'd be great if some of the Capcom heads could provide some of their commentary skills.

What's Dacidbro doing?

Oh Yeah I wasn't worried about taking blame, I was just saying the options are limited.

Top Bottom