• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 7-13 | EVO 2014: Putting Q in more games than Capcom

vulva

Marn wins EVO

10492095_10152343305293005_1253538276593043787_n.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This would be the equivalent of Justin running through everybody in Marvel only to lose to Nemo in Grand Finals by complete destruction.

Dahbomb

Valve just announced that the DOTA 2 TI4 (the world cup of DOTA) will have a separate newcomers stream where the commentators will explain the game for people new to the game while streaming/commentating the TI4 matches.

I wonder what FGC-GAF thinks about this.

Valve just announced that the DOTA 2 TI4 (the world cup of DOTA) will have a separate newcomers stream where the commentators will explain the game for people new to the game while streaming/commentating the TI4 matches.

Would like to see it in action before I have an opinion. Sounds like an ok idea though.

Village

SMART!!

OceanBlue

It's great. I've been watching it and it's very approachable for someone like me who doesn't know a lot about DOTA 2.

Sheroking

It's a good idea.

When I started watching FGC streams a few years ago, I probably understood less than 20% of what they were saying.

Revven

Not sure why VGBC isn't streaming S@X this week but someone else is instead: http://www.twitch.tv/tdude51

Melee on it for tonight, 44 entrants iirc. Oh and a Kirby.

Edit: Oh, reading twitter it's because GimR is still in Cali. I guess that makes sense since he's going to be at EVO. It would be kinda silly for him to go back to MD/VA and then fly back to Cali lol.

xCobalt

It'd be nice if the FGC were big enough to need to cater to veterans and newcomers separately

It doesn't have to be that resource intensive. EVO could try to release a series of videos for each game in their lineup. Have like 2 videos at most; one to explain the basics and the other could be a real match with the commentators pointing everything out. They could release videos on a weekly basis up until the day of the event. It's definitely possible given the current state of the FGC.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
You better be boning up on Killer Instinct, no getting bopped in pools ;)

Getting 300 gloss matted posters to be printed for the panel, that I'll be giving away for free. Gonna try to play a little bit tomorrow for sure.

I've never made it outta pools in Evo, I'm not exactly the best tournament player :/

.la1n

Getting 300 gloss matted posters to be printed for the panel, that I'll be giving away for free. Gonna try to play a little bit tomorrow for sure.

I've never made it outta pools in Evo, I'm not exactly the best tournament player :/

Win or lose I look forward to you commentating. Also, any chance some of the posters may be available outside of the panel?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Win or lose I look forward to you commentating. Also, any chance some of the posters may be available outside of the panel?

Thanks much, dood. If there's any left and you run into me, I can try to get you one. All depends if they're all given out at the panel itself.

Had several doods ask this last year when we had extra posters. I ran back to my room like 10 times to grab some, lol

.la1n

Thanks much, dood. If there's any left and you run into me, I can try to get you one. All depends if they're all given out at the panel itself.

Had several doods ask this last year when we had extra posters. I ran back to my room like 10 times to grab some, lol

Thanks dood, good to know.

Art is live with his new setup. Quality is really good
http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

Valle is streaming too, the hype is getting real.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

I don't really get the point

I figured most commentary was already targeted towards the layman

Dahbomb

I don't really get the point

I figured most commentary was already targeted towards the layman
Not really. Commentators are always talking about stuff like plinks, DPs, TACs, okis, OSs, FADC etc. under the assumption that the viewing audience knows these terms. A layman is not expected to know these terms or even how to execute most moves in the game... otherwise they wouldn't be a layman.

Of course the slower pace of the MOBA genre lends itself well to this type of thing compared to fighting game where there is only so much you can say in a limited time.

jbug617

Banned
Art said he got moved to an early pool because he is working at EVO (recording panels) and he has Kyabetsu in his pool.

Top Bottom