• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 7-13 | EVO 2014: Putting Q in more games than Capcom

PureYeti

This is what I can think of so far

neogafgutabo2_zpsc4a5a998.gif

Shidosha

Means "Shirt on Head" in Japanese
I dunno about you guys but im looking forward to a gunfight or two at Evo, there hasn't been much drama since the MvC2 era... Someone needs to get arrested this year for real.

alstein

More Skullgirls-related news

One of the lead artists of Skullgirls put out her sketchbook. It's my favorite part of the game by far, so I'll post a link.

kinuko.storenvy.com

Really a fan of the work the artists put into that game.

Now if only Namco would sell that Devil Asuka shirt.

Loona

Seems that Tokido has used Mr Karate on occasion... I'm not Capcomizing my avatar, but if someone feels like slapping Mr Karate masks on it I'm OK with that.

Crocodile

A) Anyone seriously expecting some sort of new game announcements or what not are setting themselves up for disappointment IMO. Expect nothing I'd say

B) That Tekken shirt is pretty cool :)

C) In another bit of Skullgirls news, their Anime Expo panel was posted online. Basically going over what they've done recently and plans for upcoming characters like Beowulf & Robo-Fortune.

alstein

Its kind of interesting how Hwa Jai use overall has really dropped off, even though he was considered a top character from the getgo and still very much is one.

I think he's a little too high risk to be top tier. Put the DLC chars out of the game and he is.

Hwa Jai was the OG Decapre though.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I dunno about you guys but im looking forward to a gunfight or two at Evo, there hasn't been much drama since the MvC2 era... Someone needs to get arrested this year for real.
floe grimacing in the back of a crown vic

Looks like Q plays at 3pm and I at 5pm...Also Q is in Winnie's pool so good luck D:

I remember last year at EVO, I entered the Skullgirls side tournament. After waiting for two-three hours to play, I played Winnie my first match. She's no joke. Five minutes later, I played Winnie again and she promptly knocked me out of the tournament

You'll do better than me Q, I know it.

A) Anyone seriously expecting some sort of new game announcements or what not are setting themselves up for disappointment IMO. Expect nothing I'd say

B) That Tekken shirt is pretty cool :)

C) In another bit of Skullgirls news, their Anime Expo panel was posted online. Basically going over what they've done recently and plans for upcoming characters like Beowulf & Robo-Fortune.
The crowd was pretty hype over Eliza stuff. Good to see.

BadWolf

I think he's a little too high risk to be top tier. Put the DLC chars out of the game and he is.

Hwa Jai was the OG Decapre though.

Not sure how he is very high risk when his pressure is very safe and once he gets a drink in (not a hard thing to do at all) a lot of his stuff get even better recovery (some becomes positive on even block).

http://evo2014.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/ssf4_a48.html

Jozhear, Xiaohai, and Dieminion all in the same USFIV pool.

Xiaohai in winners and Dieminion in losers probably.

phaonaut

What happened? Don't have access to twitch @ the moment.

TriForce says he got a sponsorship offer from Chef Boyardee. The he goes on to talk about it being the ultimate gamer food and reads off the nutrition facts. He looks really happy and makes it seem like a real thing, but its kind of hard to believe. I stopped watching so not sure what happens after.

Also he hasn't accepted the offer yet, which makes me think either he is being trolled hard or its a lie.

TriForce says he got a sponsorship offer from Chef Boyardee. The he goes on to talk about it being the ultimate gamer food and reads off the nutrition facts. He seems really happy and makes it seem like a real thing, but its kind of hard to believe. I stopped watching so not sure what happens after.

lmao, gotta be trolling

TriForce says he got a sponsorship offer from Chef Boyardee. The he goes on to talk about it being the ultimate gamer food and reads off the nutrition facts. He looks really happy and makes it seem like a real thing, but its kind of hard to believe. I stopped watching so not sure what happens after.

Also he hasn't accepted the offer yet, which makes me think either he is being trolled hard or its a lie.

4Tz0Bp9.gif

Silky

Banned

Hope VxG likes Beefaroni

I been having a hell of a time getting diagonals to register on my stick lately; feels like I gotta almost ride the (square) gate before the input shows up in training mode. Could it indicate a bad lever or should I just stop being scrub

Ultimadrago

L.O.L.

prog

Neo Member
I can try.

Basically, whenever prog tends to tease something he knows that the community doesn't and it's hype/good for the community, he is cryptic. And sometimes, he doesn't even give any hints. This was one of those times where he just responded to when D1 tweeted about Nintendo sponsoring EVO with this video (he uses this video a lot with his teasing, as well):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxzX3tyHHMg

Actually, I went and found the tweet myself: https://twitter.com/progducto/status/485890391418626048

And he also did it here: https://twitter.com/progducto/status/485891839879159808

Read the string of Tweets before his and it'll make sense.

Sometimes though when prog teases something it can be disappointing but I don't think this would be one of those times -- if it were I'd assume he wouldn't say anything at all.

I've heard things in the past, not sure what is and isn't coming to fruition. Either way, what I am aware of is stellar.

I've heard things in the past, not sure what is and isn't coming to fruition. Either way, what I am aware of is stellar.

I didn't even notice the name when I saw this post

Would love to meet you at Evo if you ever have the chance Prog! Love what you do as a part of the Melee scene

Also

*Believing intensifies*

Say the word cabbage on Twitter if this is related to Pokken

Shouta

http://evo2014.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/ssf4_a48.html

Jozhear, Xiaohai, and Dieminion all in the same USFIV pool.

Fawwaz and Sam B are both very good, Fawwaz in particular. He has a super good Viper. He just lacks experience is the major thing but he has the ability to do well. He sent Velociraptor to losers in pools at SCR but got nervous on stream against Rog. Fawwaz also plays against the 3rd best Guile in the country. So few guiles. ;_;

Sam B is good enough to upset folks though whether or not he will is another thing.

For reference, Justin agrees on Fawwaz, lol.

https://twitter.com/JWonggg/status/486247962792579073

Geniuzz

Only a few more days before EVO. So hyped for this year. I want to wish all GAF'ers who will compete good luck! Hope to catch some of you on stream. Hope to also see some footage of the Skullgirls side tourney and hoping that those announcements will be more than just "USF4 will come to PS4".
On another note, I am downloading KOF XIII as we speak, and I know I'm late to that particular party, but for 6 Euro I couldn't pass on adding that one to the library. Any links to good matches would be appreciated.

Top Bottom