• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 11-17

Dahbomb

The best partner for Morrigan Shuma?
Mystic Ray covers all her angles and the entire space but Doom Missiles already does that. Would be nice to throw him in there just for fun. Shuma also counters Hidden Missiles because it cuts out all the missiles on screen.

Shuma + Morrigan is no where as good as Morrigan + Doom but Morrigan/Shuma/Doom is legit.

commentator calling out RayRay's RYU as ponit character. Wasn't Mike Ross the first one to use him as an on point character with a ken motif for a while?

ismk

Mystic Ray covers all her angles and the entire space but Doom Missiles already does that. Would be nice to throw him in there just for fun. Shuma also counters Hidden Missiles because it cuts out all the missiles on screen.

Shuma + Morrigan is no where as good as Morrigan + Doom but Morrigan/Shuma/Doom is legit.

Legit meaning cheap, right? :lol

Edgeward

C - Who plays Ryu, out of all these characters?!

M - Yea, but you and I play Akuma and he's the same thing

C- What?! AKUMA IS COOL AS HELL!

lol

It's just so hot to watch, I get hype off of dem confirms ;_;

Also, random question, but to link that S after balls super with Akuma in the corner, do you have to delay it a split second? I always whiff it but haven't really spent time in the lab with Akuma.
I just mash the S out, because why not?

Its k. Firebrand is next ;)
FU.

He started using him yesterday.
I've never even used Vergil and my combos are better!

Firebrand is safe unless way more top players start playing and he gets more exposure. If someone blows a top player using the unblockable set up too much, people will start getting salty.

I really hope Capcom sees the common link between all these teams and that's Hidden Missiles.

Oh and DOWNLOAD COMPLETE!
Me too! Nerf Hidden Missiles, Spiral Swords, and Vajra, the three worst things in this game!

Implying Capcom is ever gonna patch this game again now that they got all our money again less then a year later
There are free features on the Vita for them to sell. It would be silly for them not to port them over when all the work is done.

The best partner for Morrigan Shuma?
Doom.

Dahbomb

I'd like to see someone learn to play Shuma at a high level.

If that is possible.
I know shit about Shuma. I don't even have his DLC downloaded.

There are mixed opinions on the character, some people think he is like Mid tier a bit on the low side others think he is like bottom 5. He can do damage if you do his high execution combos, with meter his Chaos Dimension hyper with XF means he can potentially get to kill 2 characters because of an unblockable set up, his assist is undeniably good especially against super jumpers, he has some advance guard negating tech and a reasonably fast wave dash.

He has a lot of issues though I think he needs some relevant buffs to make him part of the meta game right now. Jill is way more relevant than him.

Frantic

I love Omniscythe's play with Vergil mostly because he shows Vergil's true power in his Devil Trigger.
Yeah, I prefer using a bar for Devil Trigger over swords. The 15% speed boost and 20% damage boost are dumb. The bigger hitboxes are also really stupid.

Azure J

I love Omniscythe's play with Vergil mostly because he shows Vergil's true power in his Devil Trigger.

Seriously, I don't know why folks don't make gameplans to get into DT and abuse the fuck out of it for both brothers Sparda.

Also, Vergil's Lvl. 4 = Oni's ANIMAYYYY super. Everyone gets hype for it. :lol

Dahbomb

Yeah, I prefer using a bar for Devil Trigger over swords. The 15% speed boost and 20% damage boost are dumb. The bigger hitboxes are also really stupid.
Depends on the situation. A lot of the times I see people use Spiral Sword and just teleport into a blocking person or the other guy just super jumps up which just wastes the bar. In that situation if that person had used DT he would've been in control of the match for much longer. Depends on the match ups too, some characters I just want them to stop pressing buttons and Spiral Swords at least puts that fear into them. Converting from random Spiral Sword hits in mid air is pretty tricky and finicky, usually a waste of bar too. DT is definitely an underrated and underutilized tool of Vergil.

With Doom missiles though I would prefer to spam Spiral Swords, I mean that's the whole point of the team is to just spam them to death.

Dahbomb

Why the hell is Noel Brown salty over Magneto being able to perform a full combo from the top of the screen?

Has he forgotten that Wolverine can not only do it from any height on the screen but it's 1000 times easier for Wolverine to convert a combo than it is for Magneto?

LMAO @ him being salty that the Volcano causes a hard knockdown. He is always complaining about characters that aren't his own.

Top Bottom