• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 11-17

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BUT WE GOT CHAMP RIGHT NOW, PUTTING A FOOT IN CHRIS G'S ASS

:lol

Anyone know what happened with 86'd? He still made people in the chat spam 86, so his sponsor situation seems kind of confusing.

Nice file name toddhunter. :lol

Edit: Someone needs to edit it so that each frame says FOOT FOOT until the last frame when it goes FOOT DIVE

foot_dive60ui6.gif

Anyone know what happened with 86'd? He still made people in the chat spam 86, so his sponsor situation seems kind of confusing.

Dual sponsorship. I highly doubt either one is paying a salary (if any) that makes him quit the other.

Edit: I have never seen Chris G get raped so bad in my life... well maybe Justin at Winter Brawl but Chris G hasn't mastered MorriDoom at that time yet.

Dahbomb

Jesus christ FChamp fucking BODIED ChrisG...

Dormammu ladies and gentlemen.

Also Dormammu isn't anti-Morrigan... Dorm + Hidden Missiles + EMD is anti-Morrigan.

Commentators getting salty over Dormammu is hilarious. Where were you 8 months ago when people were talking about how much buffed Dorm was? They were too busy complaining about Dark Wecker.

Anti Morrigan = Doom Missiles + someone that can throw things well.
Yup

F-Champ makes Dorm look like the greatest and cheapest thing ever in mahvel. Doom missiles help, but still
Having played over 5000 matches with Dormammu using a variety of teams, trust me, it's all the Hidden Missiles. They buy a ridiculous amount of time for him to get Dark Spells to establish permanent screen control.

Hidden Missiles has counters, but they're not in style right now, such as beam assists.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

They aren't a true sponsor, he just does business with them. PDP is the actual sponsor.

Confirm/Deny: East Coast = Easy to beat Coast. No need to have a WC vs EC 5v5, EC will be free if they can't beat F Champ and Fanatiq in Next Level.

Azure J

It looks execution intensive though.

I have no problems with that, love that kinda stuff, even if I hate that first few times trying to apply it.

Jesus, the swag lord, the Dread Dormammu just lighting things up keepaway style. The real star of that show though are the assists that compliment him though. Missiles keeps everything honest and estaka clears assist calls. It's fucking dirrrrrrty.

scythe man why you gotta be like that?

Having played over 5000 matches with Dormammu using a variety of teams, trust me, it's all the Hidden Missiles. They buy a ridiculous amount of time for him to get Dark Spells to establish permanent screen control.

Thats what it started to look like as I was typing, which is why I added the missiles part. And when Champ has those spells, shit is scary.

and your point is even more obvious after watching Champ play Dorm solo in the first match vs. Fanatiq. Not nearly as much cheap stuff and spells! But still solid play!

Riposte

Anyone who complains about Morrigan is silly. Missiles is what is lame. One of the few things I want to see nerfed (and wanted since vanilla).

Dahbomb

Yeah I don't think FChamp is going to back to his Phoenix team for EVO. He is looking completely in the zone with his Dorm team.

Thats what it started to look like as I was typing, which is why I added the missiles part. And when Champ has those spells, shit is scary.

and your point is even more obvious after watching Champ play Dorm solo in the first match vs. Fanatiq. Not nearly as much cheap stuff and spells! But still solid play!
Absolutely, Dormammu is a great character. He's also a character that, perhaps more than any other, completely changes in gameplay style based on the assists he has. Whenever I change Dormammu teams, my Dormammu sucks for about 20-30 matches because it feels like I have to learn him again. Weird stuff.

Anyone who complains about Morrigan is silly. Missiles is what is lame. One of the few things I want to see nerfed (and wanted since vanilla).
Damn straight. Hidden Missiles even fooled me into thinking Sentinel is a good point character back in Vanilla!

That Dorm fly combo was so sexy. I rarely see creative combos with Dormammu but Champ has been doing some nice tech with him.
A slight variation of that TAC combo has been done since Vanilla, if that's what you are referring to. People just don't use Dormammu often because his assists suck.

Yeah I don't think FChamp is going to back to his Phoenix team for EVO. He is looking completely in the zone with his Dorm team.
I think there are matchups where the Phoenix team is better. Like you don't want to be running that Dormammu team against Hulk/Sentinel, you'll never get the assist call out.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh my god, Andre as Krillin. We need an FGC Abridged video to be made so we can count all of Andre's dropped combos :lol

Top Bottom