• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 15-21 | 16 is barely okay

Negaduck

I bet Birdie's v groove will let him use his chains as normals for a short period of time. Like martian manhunter's trait.

Mr. X

I bet Birdie's v groove will let him use his chains as normals for a short period of time. Like martian manhunter's trait.
Is it because a power boost or hyper armour too obvious? I want see more new move Dark Forces and less power up time.

Kimosabae

Banned
I can't believe a game like Trackmania is even being made in this day and age. That game looked hype as fuck.

4 player split screen with randomized tracks?

Wish I was a teenager again.

vocab

I can't believe a game like Trackmania is even being made in this day and age. That game looked hype as fuck.

4 player split screen with randomized tracks?

Wish I was a teenager again.

I've been playing it on PC on and off for a long time. The fact that it took this long to get on consoles is pretty crazy.

Negaduck

Is it because a power boost or hyper armour too obvious? I want see more new move Dark Forces and less power up time.

Well. Mainly because he has those chains as a design point but this would give him a reason to use them outside of just throws.

Dai101

Banned
Stolen from the KI thread:

CHksDg_UwAEc6ZJ.jpg

Vxu8OFB.gif

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'm just waiting feverishly for my SFV news from Sony. I hope Ono announces something else in conjunction to SFV like Monster Hunter and also explains why Square is involved with SFV. Don't leave it for the Square press conference tomorrow...

Kumubou

Go and buy Trackmania United on Steam right now.

And scroll past anything called Trackmania 2, it's a trick, it doesn't actually exist.
That's cold man, the environments in 2 are really damn good... it's just the way they handled the releases was an absolute shitshow. I never understood what the hell Nadeo and Ubisoft were thinking with segregating the different environments like that. I wonder if the new game is just a repackaging of the current TM2 environments (plus a new one) to unscrew the game on PC and to get it out to console players.

Trackmania United is dope though, $18 right now for all the time trial racing you can stuff your face with.

CO_Andy

Shenmue 3, TLG, FF7 Remake, SF5...

Sony really has this E3 in the bag. Also that mysterious Capcom exclusive title.

Nyoro SF

Sony really has this E3 in the bag. Also that mysterious Capcom exclusive title.

I'm just keeping an eye on which titles are exclusive and which aren't.
If Shenmue 3 and FF7 remake are exclusives I'm going to feel pretty sad but understanding.

I have to let the Halo series go. It's clear it's not for CE fans at all anymore.

I looked at Halo 5 footage and I couldn't really discern it from any other popular shooter on the market at the moment. Has no appeal to me anymore if it doesn't retain its unique movement and gunplay.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Love your avatar. If all of this gets announced tonight, GAF will crash into another dimension. Plus, Verendus said that exclusive title was Monster Hunter.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I have to let the Halo series go. It's clear it's not for CE fans at all anymore.
There are some neat ideas in 5, but killing splitscreen is kind of a last straw thing for me.

That's cold man, the environments in 2 are really damn good... it's just the way they handled the releases was an absolute shitshow. I never understood what the hell Nadeo and Ubisoft were thinking with segregating the different environments like that. I wonder if the new game is just a repackaging of the current TM2 environments (plus a new one) to unscrew the game on PC and to get it out to console players.

Trackmania United is dope though, $18 right now for all the time trial racing you can stuff your face with.
The piecemeal stuff and price was totally out of line, and the community hurt because of it. And community is EVERYTHING for Trackmania, and definitely not in the same way for every other multiplayer game. Some of the physics kind of disappointed me too with Canyon, if I'm honest. It was it's own thing but I don't think it ever felt good or I just got used to it.

Coming from United I couldn't understand what would make them take such a step back while simultaneously trying to force their own launcher etc. on the franchise.

Yeah, that's what I think as well. Since it's going to have a March release, I can see the Beta being ready somewhere around November or December.

Kimosabae

Banned
It's been harder for me to let go of the series than most: CE was my introduction to competitive gaming and the concept and strengths of abstract images and narratives.

Feels bad that I'm just going to have to start speedily scrolling passed anything with the word 'Halo' in it out of some weird combination of disinterest and irritation.

Dahbomb

I feel bad for people who can't get excited for some of their favorite franchises.

Here I am thirsty for more DMC info while others are quenched as fuck.

Kalamari

I really hope Sony brings the hype, presentations have been snoozefests so far, beside fallout. I want to see Ono!

I feel bad for people who can't get excited for some of their favorite franchises.

Most old Rare IPs pre Microsoft I can no longer get excited for given how much a lot of Rare's talented was fucking squandered since the buyout, so that situation I can totally feel people on. Otherwise, there are probably about two franchises just off the top of my head that I could say I'm still hungry for despite their recent entries disappointing me in some capacity, but seeing an announcement for either of them would still get me hyped.

Everything else is still either good enough to satisfy me and/or I don't have as huge of an attachment to them that it's easy to move on to the next thing.

I'm just keeping an eye on which titles are exclusive and which aren't.
If Shenmue 3 and FF7 remake are exclusives I'm going to feel pretty sad but understanding.

I looked at Halo 5 footage and I couldn't really discern it from any other popular shooter on the market at the moment. Has no appeal to me anymore if it doesn't retain its unique movement and gunplay.
Felt more like a twitch shooter. I don't really understand why they have gotten rid of so many unique aspects of the gameplay.

Dahbomb

Felt more like a twitch shooter. I don't really understand why they have gotten rid of so many unique aspects of the gameplay.
It's because they are chasing after the COD dollars.

Same shit as what what happened with DMC.

"Yeah 3 million is nice and all... but we REALLY want those 5 million numbers!"

Though thankfully DMC is going back to classic style now for the next game which is being made internally. It's just a matter of when they will reveal it really.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

One of my favourite franchises was sent to die releasing in close proximity to another favourite franchise (which has since had it's vision explicitly changed by new developers and lost it's footing), and my other favourite franchise is tied up by developer financial troubles.

T'is a good time to be alive.

What used to be true for Metal Gear games is now true for pretty much all games at E3, watching the trailer is way more interesting than playing the finished game.

Like seeing that Division trailer and how interesting the setup is, but then I think over the mechanics in my head and realize it'll just end up being Tom Clancy's Destiny.

I hope SFV has a big presence at Sony's conference, or DMC5 gets announced, everything else has been boring so far

Infinite

What used to be true for Metal Gear games is now true for pretty much all games at E3, watching the trailer is way more interesting than playing the finished game.

Like seeing that Division trailer and how interesting the setup is, but then I think over the mechanics in my head and realize it'll just end up being Tom Clancy's Destiny.

I hope SFV has a big presence at Sony's conference, or DMC5 gets announced, everything else has been boring so far

facts

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
For Honor's mechanics being explained right now on the YT stream.

Persistent progression plus blocking is basically where your sword is. Interesting stuff.

Top Bottom