• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 22-28 | Ryu's in Smash 4, Jigglypuff's in SF5

shaowebb

Mr. R is grinding with Ryu.

Ryu feels a bit OP in his current Sm4sh iteration to me. You shouldn't be able to loop crumples with focus attack IMO. Even a shoddy fighter like Chou Climax Heroes figured out it needed something for that and only left it in since combo breakers existed and you'd never get a decent loop. I don't really see how you can stop Ryu from gettin a Focus Attack Loop on you if he ever hits one. Considering his ledge game with focus attack I don't see him really not getting this...its not like he's Captain Falcon here since his Focus attack can absorb a hit to help it charge.

That and the spike. Fast becoming a believer that while he needed something to protect himself from up airs given how often he stands to whif and put himself vulnerable over you, he just didn't need that spike move. Its too easy to setup. Starting to feel he needed the up air vulnerability to promote smarter usage of Shoryukens and jump ins just to ground the guy. Especially since the arc on his tatsu/shoryuken are good enough for recovery off the edge.

Thats my only real concerns right now...Focus Attack is too good for looping and the spike is a bit much. He can keep the shield breaker though...helps his up close game and promotes folks utlizing throws properly.

Ryu feels a bit OP in his current Sm4sh iteration to me. You shouldn't be able to loop crumples with focus attack IMO. Even a shoddy fighter like Chou Climax Heroes figured out it needed something for that and only left it in since combo breakers existed and you'd never get a decent loop. I don't really see how you can stop Ryu from gettin a Focus Attack Loop on you if he ever hits one. Considering his ledge game with focus attack I don't see him really not getting this...its not like he's Captain Falcon here since his Focus attack can absorb a hit to help it charge.

That and the spike. Fast becoming a believer that while he needed something to protect himself from up airs given how often he stands to whif and put himself vulnerable over you, he just didn't need that spike move. Its too easy to setup. Starting to feel he needed the up air vulnerability to promote smarter usage of Shoryukens and jump ins just to ground the guy. Especially since the arc on his tatsu/shoryuken are good enough for recovery off the edge.

Thats my only real concerns right now...Focus Attack is too good for looping and the spike is a bit much. He can keep the shield breaker though...helps his up close game and promotes folks utlizing throws properly.
I haven't fought a Ryu that gives me trouble in the neutral yet. He feels very Little Mac-ish in terms of how you have to handle him.

Not sure what drama is going on in the Smash community but its a shame if Prog had a chance to commentate EVO but was denied. At least that's what I understood to have happened? Was someone promised the commentary spot beforehand and skipped?

Prog was offered the spot at EVO, and today he voluntarily declined the opportunity. But before this, there had been an outcry from some Smash people that Prog wasn't entitled, didn't deserve the spot, was a bad commentator, bullshit like that. Full-on attack mode on PROG. Really hard to believe.

shaowebb

Flame Fist Ryu done got himself some Cancels in MKX for the new patch. Looking forward to this. That variant was slept on and its damage is stupid high. Giving it cancels to make it as sexy as Dragons fire is gonna wake some folks up to it. That damage and chip is crazy.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
CIOfnrhUcAAekXl.png

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/613509478999265280

PBS teaching viewers how to play street fighter lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y8GyMDt2fU&feature=youtu.be

You can tell it's the old PS4 version with the Sonic Boom lol

shaowebb

Ed Boon finally got the crossover he wanted.

You'd think Ken would be the one with flame fists, though.

damn...carried on too many thread conversations at once lol. Meant Liu Kang not Ryu.

Flame Fist is gonna be made safe blockstrings though now. It was a slept on variation with stupid high damage and chip but now I should be able to cancel them punches on block into stuff to make the chip damage safe.

Remember Aquaman? Get ready for some salty chip damage.

Just out of curiosity, do these betas run on some kind of timer? Meaning after a week it'll just shut off and you can't play it anymore. Or can you keep playing it(if it has a offline mode) as long as you don't connect online? If the SFV beta has a offline 2 player mode or even better, it has that and training mode then I might actually not connect my PS4 for a while just to hold on to it. Well that's if it can only be shut down when connected.

Dahbomb

Just out of curiosity, do these betas run on some kind of timer? Meaning after a week it'll just shut off and you can't play it anymore. Or can you keep playing it(if it has a offline mode) as long as you don't connect online? If the SFV beta has a offline 2 player mode or even better, it has that and training mode then I might actually not connect my PS4 for a while just to hold on to it. Well that's if it can only be shut down when connected.
LOL no way in hell will they allow you to play it online. It's most likely online beta only.

And double LOL @ Floe putting Ross on blast!

Horseress

Yeah it'll most likely be a online-only beta, that's what the beta is for anyways

Floe vs Mike Ross FT5 incoming! Didn't Floe one time tweet he was 9-1 in an online set against Mike?

shaowebb

kPQiGTR.gif

Is it wrong that the thing I cannot stop looking at is that seizure pigtail goin' nuts? I mean yeah sure "that ass was fat" yadda yadda yadda...that pigtail though is on meth. @_@

Tripon

kPQiGTR.gif

Is it wrong that the thing I cannot stop looking at is that seizure pigtail goin' nuts? I mean yeah sure "that ass was fat" yadda yadda yadda...that pigtail though is on meth. @_@

I'm actually being trying to post the less risque ones people have captured. <_<

Onemic

Top Bottom