• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 22-28 | Ryu's in Smash 4, Jigglypuff's in SF5

I would say Super Street Fighter 4 is the best version of 4 series.

People keep saying this without realizing just how much BS was still left in this game that no one would want back right now.

-Rose could block immediately after activating Ultra 2
-Bison had a motion Ultra 2
-Seth still had tons of active frames on stomps
-Fei had the death combo against certain characters
-Adon woke up much faster than everybody else

And so on and so on. People give Super too much credit because it was a step down from Vanilla in terms of BS and was only around for one year before people could really start bitching about it. It also helped that it was proceeded by AE which is IMO the most unbalanced version of the game easily.

I think it's between AE 2012 and USF4 as the most balanced versions of the game. Super wasn't around long enough. People gave too much credit to charge characters. But if given time, I think characters like Akuma, Cammy, and Seth would have proven to be stronger once the game became much more explored.

Vanilla Seth was much worse

Seth had a lot of BS, but it was different kind of BS. His options were just ridiculous. But I think I hated fighting a good Sagat more. Lost half your life trying to get in only to deal with TK pressure or lose the rest of it because you lost your patience and jumped in.

vulva

can we have a set before thursday? i need to see your dekappa one more time.

You're god-tier in my book Kasane.
I can play right now, I won't be home tomorrow night and I work early thurs morning

Yeah but EVO.
Yeah, I need to get back in the mindset for it again

Im thinking of straight up quitting USF4, at least in terms of actively practicing. Might switch to practicing ST and 3S full time.

Then you got the SFV beta and Yata in a month
Yeah.... I kinda want to quit but EVO and Canada Cup will keep me in interested.
Seth had a lot of BS, but it was different kind of BS. His options were just ridiculous. But I think I hated fighting a good Sagat more. Lost half your life trying to get in only to deal with TK pressure or lose the rest of it because you lost your patience and jumped in.

his teleport alone made him too good

Tik-Tok

Blah blah blah..... Super was the most FUN version. EVERYONE had some bullshit.

Ultra is the Children's sports everyone gets a medal version of SF4

Imm0rt4l

kPQiGTR.gif

Is it wrong that the thing I cannot stop looking at is that seizure pigtail goin' nuts? I mean yeah sure "that ass was fat" yadda yadda yadda...that pigtail though is on meth. @_@
Shades of mila rage

I think it's between AE 2012 and USF4 as the most balanced versions of the game. Super wasn't around long enough. People gave too much credit to charge characters. But if given time, I think characters like Akuma, Cammy, and Seth would have proven to be stronger once the game became much more explored.
how quickly we forget year of vortex characters. if ultra hadn't happened, that would have been SFIV's ultimate legacy

Onemic

I can play right now, I won't be home tomorrow night and I work early thurs morning

Yeah, I need to get back in the mindset for it again

Yeah.... I kinda want to quit but EVO and Canada Cup will keep me in interested.

I forgot about CC....Will have to narrow down my roster of 3 characters to a roster of 2.

how quickly we forget year of vortex characters. if ultra hadn't happened, that would have been SFIV's ultimate legacy

It's not as bad, but ultra still has vortex characters

Onemic

I played Super back when I was super casual, playing on pad, and just mashed buttons, so I dont really know what I missed.

Robot Pants

I think 2012 was the best.
Fuerte is broken in Ultra and Seth got nerfed TOO much.

Ultra is pretty balanced but I think 2012 is the best

so Melee and Smash 4 got a $2000 pot bonus from Twitch for CEO

that's $3000 adding in Smashboards' $1000 contribution

not bad

edit: also top 16 payout

What don't you like about SFV?

My post was more about defending SF4 than hating on SFV. The game definitely has its flaws but I still think it's a good game and will continue playing it after SFV is out. Regarding SFV, the initial turn off is how different it looks compared to to SF4(gameplay not graphics). It removes some things I dislike about SF4, but it also remove some things that I like about SF4.

Ultimately I'm still excited about SFV and I'm really looking forward to the beta next month. It's just that SF4 is so ingrained in me. Sure I've played almost every other version, but since I didn't really learn how to play till SF4, that's the one that feels most natural to me. It's going to take some getting use to with SFV without jab confirms, set play, or OS's.

My post was more about defending SF4 than hating on SFV. The game definitely has its flaws but I still think it's a good game and will continue playing it after SFV is out. Regarding SFV, the initial turn off is how different it looks compared to to SF4(gameplay not graphics). It removes some things I dislike about SF4, but it also remove some things that I like about SF4.

Ultimately I'm still excited about SFV and I'm really looking forward to the beta next month. It's just that SF4 is so ingrained in me. Sure I've played almost every other version, but since I didn't really learn how to play till SF4, that's the one that feels most natural to me. It's going to take some getting use to with SFV without jab confirms, set play, or OS's.
8y5ABu4.gif

I was never a big fan of SF4 but I play it constantly because it's the fighting game I can get matches with people I know most consistently on PC.

I actually hated SF4 entirely when vanilla came out because I was still playing 3rd Strike in arcades and 4 was so slow and clunky.

SFV looks amazing and they're really doing everything right. Something about the PS4 generation is having all the major companies actually believing in their audiences and it's great. Sony throwing us the kitchen sink, SFV looking like a love letter to the fgc, square enix trying to return to their roots. I've got nothing but optimism for the next few years of games.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
So like does anybody else have really noticeable delay vs Yams or is it my net being butt? :v

my internet is awesome when i play against everybody else... you trying to find excuses now even tho you beat me? lol

whoa now. Chillax Poongko

ANGRY NOW

I think Vergil's direction is reset to the correct side once his charged sword projectile comes back to him. Added lvl 3 xfactor plus devil trigger, it looks terrifying as fuck. this is some deadly tech. it isnt that bad if you know its coming.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yooooooooooooo

My dude bringing in the inertia tech from DMC4 when he just got put into that game. :lol

I wonder how that money match between him and FChamp is gonna go down. There is gonna be some nasty shit that I'm itching to see.

Top Bottom