• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 22-28 | Ryu's in Smash 4, Jigglypuff's in SF5

Sayad

I don't like the inability to chip kill either. And needing a whole bar to use your critical art is practically useless because your opponent only needs to save one V trigger bar to V Reversal it and they have all day because of the cinematic start up to every critical art gives them plenty of time to see that it's coming.
They can't reversal it before taking the first hit, which will kill them. Unless you cancel into the critical art with them stuck in block stun, which is obviously something you shouldn't do when they have enough V-Trigger.

El Sloth

Banned
"UMEHARA GAAA"
fword should get royalty fees for his appearance in the video since the entire video is based on that phrase lol
That phrase is a lot older than that match Fword commentated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO38IFrs9wU

I think that's nuki commentating? Don't know. All I know is that match inspired a small meme afterwards with a bunch of different remix videos.

I remember being linked to this video https://youtu.be/4bHjyc6DwTI before I knew about any of that shit or anything about fighting games or the competitive scenes around them and being completely fucking baffled

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shout outs to Count Blackule for catching this fade in USFIV

Sorry I had to do you like that man

i don't know how to delay my quick rise

Mr. X

Blocking wont be hard in SFV if the overheads are slow as Nash's. It depends on the throw tech window. Karathrows will be strong.

Thulius

Offline? Thats sad.

On paper there are plenty of things in fighting games you should be able to react to, but there are always gonna be cases where you're just not looking out for the right thing. Turns out most human beings are not actually robots.

alstein

Hopefully SFV is the SF 40-yr olds can do well in, because I'm going to be 40 while this game is alive.

I want to see the Valles and Viscants of the world expose the SF4 OS and execution monsters.

JeTmAn81

I think SFIV will have pretty long legs after SFV releases. All the diehards spent way too long perfecting their game to give it up.

How aging works in SF: women get sexier, men grow white hairs (or get fatter)

Thick Sakura and Karin incoming?
You are thinking of the wrong country's standard of beauty.

71239_v0_600x.jpg

ShinMaruku

DOA5:LR now broke 3.5 million downloads. That must push the people who pay for DLC to 1.1 million people buying dlc packs regularly.

DOA5:LR now broke 3.5 million downloads. That must push the people who pay for DLC to 1.1 million people buying dlc packs regularly.

lewd will prevail!

and then you have mofos in other threads saying "omg japanese must stop making lewd games if they wanna be successful!" hurr durr!

i still hate scamco doe...

I've been playing a lot of DoA lately. A friend who dislikes most other fighting games pulled me in.

It's not perfect but it's fun and looks nice. I like a lot of the characters too.

ShinMaruku

I haven't looked into it; how much is each character?

Shouta has praised it as VF-esque in its balance and mechanics, I believe.
$2-$3 for a outfit. Packs which is the lions share of dlc is $8-$15

lewd will prevail!

and then you have mofos in other threads saying "omg japanese must stop making lewd games if they wanna be successful!" hurr durr!

i still hate scamco doe...
I love when people say that about lewd games and denegrate their quality, but when it's lewd AND it's good and it makes scratch well the salt is great.

The game is very good but it's main issue is people are trying to pull in FGC players where it's very clannish in the FGC.

Imm0rt4l

r/Kappa should make one of those fundraisers to get F-word to EVO! F-word/Seth Killian for USFIV's top 8!
F-word isn't even that good a commentator. Kinda obnoxious and not in the charismatic yipes sorta way. Seth, ultradavid,jchen, Hell even skisonic>>>>>by a lot

I'd rather have Lee Chung or Sci commentate, and I'm being serious.

They can't reversal it before taking the first hit, which will kill them. Unless you cancel into the critical art with them stuck in block stun, which is obviously something you shouldn't do when they have enough V-Trigger.

Daigo tried to chip kill Tokido with low forward > critical art and Tokido V reversal'd it. If that's because it wasn't a true block string then you could also just mash your own invincible move once the cinematic starts for even more damage. Regardless of how it worked, it still did.

joe2187

Banned
$2-$3 for a outfit. Packs which is the lions share of dlc is $8-$15

You can always just download the free core fighters version. Not sure if they're still rotating characters every other week. but it gives you four fighters that you can play online and train with. You can buy separate characters at your leisure.

BadWolf

You can always just download the free core fighters version. Not sure if they're still rotating characters every other week. but it gives you four fighters that you can play online and train with. You can buy separate characters at your leisure.

The free version also lets you unlock a bunch of costumes by just playing single player.

Skilletor

Daigo tried to chip kill Tokido with low forward > critical art and Tokido V reveral'd it. If that's because it wasn't a true block string then you could also just mash your own invincible move once the cinematic starts for even more damage. Regardless of how it worked, it still did.

Alpha Counters can only be done during block stun. The c.mk was countered.

Sayad is saying instead of trying to combo into a CA for the chip kill, you should just be trying to make them block a CA.

Yeah. It doesn't do everything it does quite as well as VF does (movement especially), but its similarities is why I prefer playing it for extended periods over most other fighting games.

As far as 3D fighters go, I don't think it gets any better than SC and DoA, in that order.

Alpha Counters can only be done during block stun. The c.mk was countered.

Sayad is saying instead of trying to combo into a CA for the chip kill, you should just be trying to make them block a CA.

I see now, I somehow misread it. But still, trying to hit someone with a raw critical at doesn't seem like a hear idea either since their will probably still be invincible moves in this game to beat it or escape it.

ShinMaruku

That is why 1.1 million plus spend money on dlc. Most people buy a character which is I think 4 or 5 bucks or in a bundle where it's around $15. It is really well structured.

Top Bottom