• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 22-28 | Ryu's in Smash 4, Jigglypuff's in SF5

Kalamari

I wouldn't be surprised to see a bigger SFV push from Sony/Capcom for next year's pro tour, the pot could be much greater than $500K.

Onemic

I have nothing to add to the commentator discussion, but I did want to ask if anyone else feels like sometimes UltraDavid just sounds like he wants to strangle James? Like I imagine they're friends and all, but it seems like there are moments where James gets on UltraDavid's nerves so bad and he can't say anything because it's a live broadcast.

Wasnt there a regional or major when they were talking about execution and UltraDavid was sorta miffed at what James was saying?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wouldn't be surprised to see a bigger SFV push from Sony/Capcom for next year's pro tour, the pot could be much greater than $500K.
I think we'll see more funding come from external sources, I think that's the intent anyways. Establish that this is a huge thing and unlike previous years will only explode exponentially with the arrival of SFV.

FGW | Ditch your 401(k) for 500k
Or this.

I think it'll be 500k again for SFV and maybe 100k(or maybe a lot less) for USF4. I know some of you guys are thirsty for the end of the SF4 era, but I think Capcom will give it one more go on the Pro Tour before officially retiring it in 2017 to focus solely on SFV. I'd love it though if Sony could pony up more money and make it a cool million for SFV. That would be a great way to kick off SFV's freshman year.

I think it'll be 500k again for SFV and maybe 100k(or maybe a lot less) for USF4. I know some of you guys are thirsty for the end of the SF4 era, but I think Capcom will give it one more go on the Pro Tour before officially retiring it in 2017 to focus solely on SFV. I'd love it though if Sony could pony up more money and make it a cool million for SFV. That would be a great way to kick off SFV's freshman year.

I think SFV will have more than 500k. It makes no sense to put up the same amount of money for the new console exclusive game.

Kumubou

Commentary is very hard to do well, as you need a lot of experience with both the game and the player, and you need a very good sense of pacing both within the game and in terms of public speaking. Knowing when to take some time to go into minor detail (if only to avoid dead air), when to cut the crap and when to let the game speak for itself. It ends up taking about as much practice and experience as playing the games, in the end.

I think one thing a lot of people miss is trying to make something more of the match than just the game itself: everyone has a history (even if they're brand new), and there's always something greater to be woven than just a couple of dudes (or little girls, depending on the sub-genre) punching each other in the face. Give something that viewers can care about, even if it's just for a few seconds.

kirblar

I have nothing to add to the commentator discussion, but I did want to ask if anyone else feels like sometimes UltraDavid just sounds like he wants to strangle James? Like I imagine they're friends and all, but it seems like there are moments where James gets on UltraDavid's nerves so bad and he can't say anything because it's a live broadcast.
"Ow."

Imm0rt4l

Yeah, I get that vibe too.

You can also download the Georgia coffee app where a new chapter comes out every 2 weeks for free.

Daigo also released details of his new book.

e7473b06.jpg

alstein

They could make a Ken that's a completely different style from Ryu. Make Ken specialize in stunning. his V-Skill could be his funky kicks, with holding MP+MK turning the kicks into overheads like in ST. His V-trigger could be a mode that removes damage scaling (he'd have a bunch of multi-hit moves that don't scale well). His super could be SAIII from 3s. Give him his ST Airthrow, SFA2 roll, and a command grab knee bash (grab would be low damage but high stun)

With all that, maybe he could even throw away his Hadoken or it becomes really crappy.

I think such a version of Ken would also appeal to Akuma players due to the mixup-heavy nature.

Storyline-wise: you could have it as Ken trying to experiment, knowing he can't match Ryu in his style, so he's trying to make his own branch of karate now.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So let's say UMVC3 or any Marvel game is emulated on the XB1 because of demand. How is that going to work? Have the disc, verify it, download it, etc?

JeTmAn81

So let's say UMVC3 or any Marvel game is emulated on the XB1 because of demand. How is that going to work? Have the disc, verify it, download it, etc?

I would think it'd work the same as any other game, so you'd just have to have a disc to authenticate. They still wouldn't be able to sell a digital version though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I would think it'd work the same as any other game, so you'd just have to have a disc to authenticate. They still wouldn't be able to sell a digital version though.

That's what I'm trying to get at. Even if every person wants it would it be possible despite the licensing bs? I would like to retire my 360 and just have an XB1 set up for anything.

Top Bottom