• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

jerry1594

Ima be so mad if sf5 consists of a lot of old chars and not a good amount of new. That'll just bore the shit outta me.

Bring my nigga Twelve back tho.
58907_arnold-schwarzenegger-movies-predator-dutch-carl-weathers.gif

petghost

Banned
Fireball game gonna have a lot of counters in v I guess. Think Ryu has multi hitting and ub
fireballs tho so maybe they are trying to balance it out.

Skab

can't wait for t.hawk to come back

fuck gief, buy american

Bison's other new experiment, Zanhawk.

His Ultra is the Siberian Condor.

Edit:

With this build being drastically different than the Capcom Cup build in terms of looks, speed, and gameplay, this is something you definitely don’t want to miss.

Seems they heard the speed complaints. Excited to see this!

Crocodile

"WHHHHHAAAAA Why doesn't the first release of this new fighting game have 50 characters at launch? WHHHHHHHHAAAAA"

Is entitlement the right word to describe this attitude? Ignorance? Either way its annoying as hell and its already popping up in the SFV threads :/

"WHHHHHAAAAA Why doesn't the first release of this new fighting game have 50 characters at launch? WHHHHHHHHAAAAA"

Is entitlement the right word to describe this attitude? Ignorance? Either way its annoying as hell and its already popping up in the SFV threads :/

And you're gonna see it a lot until the game itself comes out.

I think 16 is great as long as the characters play differently and arent just shotos or slight variations on shotos.

Horseress

During the Character Demonstrations I’ll hop on the stream and show off all the characters revealed up until E3. I’ll go through their V-Triggers, V-Skills, and general explanations of the characters themselves and may even run a set showing off new tech against a foe or two.

More than one and probably some before E3.

Jesus christ that's a lot of SFV.

A WHOLE FUCKING LOT, and all during my work schedule! Fuck work I'll watch everything

kitzkozan

What I find interesting from Combofiend's comments: With this build being drastically different than the Capcom Cup build in terms of looks, speed, and gameplay, this is something you definitely don’t want to miss.

The speed part is significant as the snail pace is a major criticism directed toward the game up to this point, so we should immediately notice how faster it play...

Tik-Tok

They should add a Canadian grappler who is Zangiefs rival. He's mad at Gief for endangering bears. He's a total stereo type of a Canadian lumberjack and basically looks a lot like Gief with a toque and jeans on.

mbpm1

ComboFiend Kumite

It’s been a while since I’ve been on the big stage and there will be no SFV stage bigger than the one at E3. During the ComboFiend Kumite, I’ll be playing against world renowned Street Fighter teams such as Team Evil Geniuses (Justin Wong, Ricky Ortiz, PR Rog, Momochi, K-Brad, and ChocoBlanka), Team Mad Catz (Daigo, Tokido, Mago), and Team Razer (Xian, Fuudo, and RB) in a few sets.

Yo, Combofiend gonna wreck house

BadWolf

Hope they give the players some time with the game beforehand and the play isn't as much of a snore as that exhibition between Daigo and Gamerbee.

Skab

If this ShortList magazine is right, the ex bar is only filled when you do damage. This can't be right

The article also said it will be the first time London has ever appeared as a stage in a Street Fighter game, so they don't seem to have much of a clue as to what their talking about.

convo

Babies who would get stomped on anyway, it is some dumb shit. They should show of their skills by random selecting characters in marvel and winning.

kirblar

Both. USF4 took what, 6 years to get to its current point? Longer?

Having EX be offense-only while the V-Trigger (*cough*ultra*cough*) gauge is defense only is a neat design choice.

Top Bottom