• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

So after further watching the gameblog.fr video. Ryu cancels a blocked DP using the V-Gauge to make it safe and continue pressure... Don't know if this was pointed out before but I am not exactly excited to see that make a comeback in this game. Maybe it is negative on activation but can't really tell without going hands on with the game. Hopefully it doesn't have the same effect the FADC had before the patch.

Skilletor

So after further watching the gameblog.fr video. Ryu cancels a blocked DP using the V-Gauge to make it safe and continue pressure... Don't know if this was pointed out before but I am not exactly excited to see that make a comeback in this game. Maybe it is negative on activation but can't really tell without going hands on with the game. Hopefully it doesn't have the same effect the FADC had before the patch.

Yeah, fuck that. :(

We don't know if it's safe, though. Hopefully not.

vocab

The ultra stage music is honestly the worst fighting game music I have heard in a long time. I preferred the SFXT themes. I don't even think Capcom has a good composer anymore. If they do, man someone got lazy or paid no dollars.

kirblar

One of the CMs tweeted to Max that Super Cancels were taken off Ryu's DP. Hopefully they took the V-Trigger ones off as well.

Yeah, fuck that. :(

We don't know if it's safe, though. Hopefully not.

It's pretty hard to tell from the video hopefully once E3 hits combofiend or someone can shed some light on it. Would be a step backwards in my opinion.

One of the devs tweeted that Super Cancels were taken off Ryu's DP. Hopefully they took the V-Trigger ones off as well.

Ah okay. Good to know guess we will see in an updated build.

Sayad

Yes, this have been pointed out. You can also poke > activate > continue the combo in VT mode, which should be really good for characters like Chun who hit much harder in VT mode.

Perro

KOF communities are too small to maintain active Ranked presence. Best to add people to your friends list and ask them to play.
Last time I tried online I got 2 super laggy matches and then gave up, Online in general is empty (I always try on endless).
And Fightcade doesn't work for some reason so I only have USF4 and SG(i don't like it tho).

Yes, this have been pointed out. You can also poke > activate > continue the combo in VT mode, which should be really good for characters like Chun who hit much harder in VT mode.

I don't mind continuing combos with it and am looking forward to coming up with nice VT combos, just using it to make an unsafe blocked move safe or give advantage.

Onemic

One of the CMs tweeted to Max that Super Cancels were taken off Ryu's DP. Hopefully they took the V-Trigger ones off as well.

Really hoping they do.

Even after Ultra, blocked DP into FADC to continue pressure is still legit because you're taken out of blockstun nearly immediately after the flash. It's why online no one ever back dashes it and even at tournies most players still dash forward and attempt a mixup or just block/throw tech.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Either way it costs the entire V bar. Considering how you gain V bar I don't see people just throwing it out.

Skilletor

I don't mind continuing combos with it and am looking forward to coming up with nice VT combos, just using it to make an unsafe blocked move safe or give advantage.

Right, that's my huge beef with those moves. I hate the ability to make unsafe moves, safe.

I'll live if so, but it'd be the single gripe I have with the game so far.

Csr

About croutch tech, the ign guy says that there is no crouch tech because there is a whiff through animation. His argument doesn't make sense. Even if he means you get a whiff throw animation when you crouch tech then you will still still be teching throws and blocking by crouch teching late. The difference would be that if the other person doesn't attack or try to throw, instead of a crouch lk you get a whiff throw animation but the way he said it makes me think he is saying that there is a throw whiff animation in general not when crouching (reinforced by the fact that chun li in the example video isn't crouching before the animation) which also exists obviously in sf iv so in that case what he says makes even less sense.
I would wait for more info before thinking that crouch tech is out.

I think the implication is that you can cancel a DP and make it safe with V trigger.

I thought you can't cancel v-trigger into anything and v-trigger has a long animation, i don't think it is safe, you probably still get punished and also lose time from your v-trigger activation.

Regarding omega mode and cr.mk into srk, i thought i saw capcom say they specifically tried to eliminate the acidental cr.mk into srk from happening but i might be remembering wrong.

Grokbu

Hm. Are you talking about the thing around 5min 8sec? Am I incorrect in thinking he's cancelling his cr.HP?

Edit: I'm talking about this video: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6ghGitgjwyTL4bxCte?start=0

Edit 2: Of course, even if that is what he is doing, it might be possible to cancel a dp as well (I don't really know).

Mr. X

I'm watching gameblog.fr video and quick get up and regular get up are in the same spot, one doesn't roll back. Did I miss some news piece on get up options?

Mr. X

About croutch tech, the ign guy says that there is no crouch tech because there is a whiff through animation. His argument doesn't make sense. Even if he means you get a whiff throw animation when you crouch tech then you will still still be teching throws and blocking by crouch teching late. The difference would be that if the other person doesn't attack or try to throw, instead of a crouch lk you get a whiff throw animation but the way he said it makes me think he is saying that there is a throw whiff animation in general not when crouching (reinforced by the fact that chun li in the example video isn't crouching before the animation) which also exists obviously in sf iv so in that case what he says makes even less sense.

I thought you can't cancel v-trigger into anything and v-trigger has a long animation, i don't think it is safe, you probably still get punished and also lose time from your v-trigger activation.

Regarding omega mode and cr.mk into srk, i thought i saw capcom say they specifically tried to eliminate the acidental cr.mk into srk from happening but i might be remembering wrong.
It might be that you get throw instead of crLK, removing that OS. But you can still tech throws while crouching.

Grakl

It means that whether you're crouching or standing, when you press throw you get a throw.

Csr

Really hoping they do.

Even after Ultra, blocked DP into FADC to continue pressure is still legit because you're taken out of blockstun nearly immediately after the flash. It's why online no one ever back dashes it and even at tournies most players still dash forward and attempt a mixup or just block/throw tech.

It is difficult because every character has different amounts of blockstun and the punish has a 2-3 frame window depending on your character but i think with practise it is doable even online unless the connection is bad. The problem is that if the other person releases the focus and you try to punish you get crumbled so even top players will not always go for the punish.

It might be that you get throw instead of crLK, removing that OS. But you can still tech throws while crouching.

like i said that is stil a crouch tech os, you are both blocking low and teching a throw, the difference is what you whiff if opponent delays his attack.

It means that whether you're crouching or standing, when you press throw you get a throw.

How can you be sure that is what he means chun li isn't even crouching in his example, anyway like i said already you are still using the crouch tech os in that case.

Grakl

It is difficult because every character has different amounts of blockstun and the punish has a 2-3 frame window depending on your character but i think with practise it is doable even online unless the connection is bad. The problem is that if the other person releases the focus and you try to punish you get crumbled so even top players will not always go for the punish.

like i said that is stil a crouch tech os, you are both blocking low and teching a throw, the difference is what you whiff if opponent delays his attack.
Crouch tech os doesn't equal crouch tech

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
CHQFPNAUUAADDlq.png
CHQFPMvUgAAodQH.png
CHQFPNBUwAE10dD.png

https://twitter.com/JWonggg/status/609117608961556480

Shaking his head after he wins is my fav

These are not as good as the one I made

Nyoro SF

That's good. Now you have to deliberately choose which way to mash on wakeup.
Now all we need are for attacks that overlap on the same frame as a throw to beat throws and we'll be in business.

Kimosabae

Banned
That's good. Now you have to deliberately choose which way to mash on wakeup.
Now all we need are for attacks that overlap on the same frame as a throw to beat throws and we'll be in business.

Godamn that would be insane.

My biggest beef with 2D fighters is throws > normals I find that shit so stupid.

jbug617

Banned
Justin, Champ and Chris G have bounties out on them at EVO. $300 each if you eliminate them from the tournament.

What's all these things I'm hearing that Ken isn't going to be in SF5? Was there a leak or something?

Verendus (probably first to mention SF5 exclusive) said no Ken.

kirblar

Ken skipping the initial roster fits right into that "massive diversity in styles/everyone's unique" initial roster design paradigm Combofiend talks about.

kitzkozan

Ken skipping the initial roster fits right into that "massive diversity in styles/everyone's unique" initial roster design paradigm Combofiend talks about.

I'm sure that he's not in it, since he's just as iconic as Ryu is. He should already be in the game if he was part of the initial roster, but he will eventually make his way into SFV. The fanboys will have no problem shelling money to add him to the roster lol.

I still want to use Ryu's donkey kick please. XD

Top Bottom