• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Ken skipping the initial roster fits right into that "massive diversity in styles/everyone's unique" initial roster design paradigm Combofiend talks about.

I really hope they vary it up. There's no reason to give up 3 character slots to shotos.

Shouta

what if they reskin him and call him Haggar

If any grappler gets in, it should be Hakan, the oil V-Trigger would be so dope

I'd prefer Alex or T.Hawk but Haggar or Hakan would be fine too. Or a totally new grappler. Just no Zangief.

Pappasman

Ken skipping the initial roster fits right into that "massive diversity in styles/everyone's unique" initial roster design paradigm Combofiend talks about.

It would be cool to bring out characters in pairs. Put more time in between each DLC drop and bring a classic fighter and newer fighter or something.

CurlyW

capture6hr65.png

giphy.gif

Shouta

More importantly please make whatever grappler ends up in not overly reliant on landing their command grab to get actual damage.

Most of the SF4 grapplers don't need to land their SPD for actual damage. Zangief and maybe Hakan might need to rely on it a bit more but their damage for short strings is pretty decent. Hugo and Hawk do dumb damage in combos and footsies.

TheChits

I'm really curious to see if anyone collects the bounty for Zero at CEO. I think Nairo has a good chance, and maybe ESAM as well since Pikachu is ridiculous.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
say what you will about win quotes like "I'm faster than lightning!" but ryu telling chun "LOOKS LIKE YOUVE BEEN WORKING ON UR COMBOS" is pretty fucking stupid

Most of the SF4 grapplers don't need to land their SPD for actual damage. Zangief and maybe Hakan might need to rely on it a bit more but their damage for short strings is pretty decent. Hugo and Hawk do dumb damage in combos and footsies.

That's still what I'm worried about when it comes to grapplers (especially if we are actually going to only get one of each archetype at least for a while), since Capcom seems to consider that a valid way of designing a character.

mbpm1

say what you will about win quotes like "I'm faster than lightning!" but ryu telling chun "LOOKS LIKE YOUVE BEEN WORKING ON UR COMBOS" is pretty fucking stupid

Imagine the salt when that winquote pops up after Chun loses to dropping a hard link

Top Bottom