• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

Shouta

SF4 has Stun already. Having a Stun meter just shows you how much before you get dizzy. Perfectly fine addition.

Nyoro SF

Stun meters are great. The moment of panic when you realize you're one hit away from stun, or when the opponent is near stun.

It's like when you're doing a blockstring on an Aigis player and her active Orgia bar is less than 5%. It's always great to see how people react to that. :p

I like stun meter in sf games.

Also, i hope they do 2/3 or 5 un ranked. Was in ps4 last night. Waiting so long for a match then only play for a short time and then another long ass wait.

Kinda not feeling the hit sounds in sf5.

Skab

The more footage I watch, the more I dislike the hit sounds in SF5.

Why? Curious if you know something we don't? I'm also digging the serious tone and would be very disappointed if the game became more tame like SF4.

Blanka soon.

Believe.

kirblar

The more footage I watch, the more I dislike the hit sounds in SF5.

Blanka soon.

Believe.
Yeah, those sounds are really bad right now, hopefully they're placeholders.

Ken Bogard's completely 100% on point leak so far would strongly suggest Blanka's out.

Clawww

I wonder if the remaining V-triggers are going to bring completely new things into SF mechanics-wise, on par with like anime fighters

if we assume that all v-triggers will actually be unique, they'll have to come up with some interesting/crazy shit for some of the folks.

Horseress

I wonder if the remaining V-triggers are going to bring completely new things into SF mechanics-wise, on par with like anime fighters

if we assume that all v-triggers will actually be unique, they'll have to come up with some interesting/crazy shit for some of the folks.

Like a banana peel?

kirblar

X-Posting from the main thread-

Caught on this video via Twitter:

CHPfzOiUkAALn-0.png:large

Looking at the video, the word on the lower poster appears to be "Eisbahn"- the german word for an ice rink.

German ice girl incoming as the 4th new character?

Rhapsody

Banned
I hope the stun meter means stun is more relevant regarding followups. 3rd Strike altered juggle potential which was cool, so knowing when stun would happen was important despite being situational.

If it doesn't... then oh well I guess. Then I would've preferred a guard bar mechanic.

Welp. Can we please kill the goddamn shortcuts? There's nothing more frustrating than doing a series of moves cleanly and the game refusing to obey you. Bet the shortcut isn't 323 like it's in 3S but [3/6/9],[1/2/3],[3/6/9] like it's in SF4. That is, a crime against humanity.

This seems to be a universal problem in other fighters as well, even those without input shortcuts. KOFXIII and 3S, for example have that same problem. It comes from holding forward and then immediately going into cr.mk xx fireball without going back to neutral on your stick/pad first.

KOF13 and 3S have input shortcuts. KOF13 accepts 623 and 626 as DP and has a long buffer, which drives me insane. At least it has an override so you can do 2369+P to force the fireball out. It's still godawful and should die in a fire. Slowly.

Checked 3S and yup, 6236 = dp. Thought it was just a 3,3 shortcut but no. God fucking dammit.

Uh, if you're inputting the DF DF shortcut during that string your execution is really sloppy. If anything that should only happen after walking forward because of the normal DP motion.

It's doing that after walking that is the problem. It's not [df], [df]. SF4 accepts [any forward], [any down], [any forward] as a DP. So you can do upforward dowback upforward and get a DP. You can do 360 and get a DP. hcb~f? You betcha. EVERYTHING EVER IS A DP AND I FUCKING HATE IT.

The input is :

d/f, d, d/f, f

This will give you a DP because of the short cut. You walk forward and do cr.MK (as d/f+MK) into Fireball then you get DP.

To avoid this you have to walk forward, hold d/b then go to forward from there to make sure you don't get the DP.

This is not due to the shortcut. You'd get a dp going to downback as well. You're just clearing the buffer for longer with downback but don't notice it.

It doesn't happen in Omega mode (which doesn't have the d/f shortcut) and it doesn't happen in GGXrd. In non SF4 games, you shouldn't be able to get a DP from a crouching position unless they have a shortcut like that.

The issue is present in Xrd.

Tested ST, it's there. So it's an input buffer problem where the game checks, on button press, to see if inputs XYZ are in the buffer, but doesn't check if a proper direction was held down at the moment of the button press (which should solve it). Barring that, just kill the two year long buffers in modern games. Makes the games less likely to do silly things and actually obey inputs.

Onemic

*ahem* No one askin about MY attendance ?

image.php

We would if we cared for your existence.

Welp. Can we please kill the goddamn shortcuts? There's nothing more frustrating than doing a series of moves cleanly and the game refusing to obey you. Bet the shortcut isn't 323 like it's in 3S but [3/6/9],[1/2/3],[3/6/9] like it's in SF4. That is, a crime against humanity.

KOF13 and 3S have input shortcuts. KOF13 accepts 623 and 626 as DP and has a long buffer, which drives me insane. At least it has an override so you can do 2369+P to force the fireball out. It's still godawful and should die in a fire. Slowly.

Checked 3S and yup, 6236 = dp. Thought it was just a 3,3 shortcut but no. God fucking dammit.

It's doing that after walking that is the problem. It's not [df], [df]. SF4 accepts [any forward], [any down], [any forward] as a DP. So you can do upforward dowback upforward and get a DP. You can do 360 and get a DP. hcb~f? You betcha. EVERYTHING EVER IS A DP AND I FUCKING HATE IT.

This is not due to the shortcut. You'd get a dp going to downback as well. You're just clearing the buffer for longer with downback but don't notice it.

The issue is present in Xrd.

Tested ST, it's there. So it's an input buffer problem where the game checks, on button press, to see if inputs XYZ are in the buffer, but doesn't check if a proper direction was held down at the moment of the button press (which should solve it). Barring that, just kill the two year long buffers in modern games. Makes the games less likely to do silly things and actually obey inputs.

Ya, it seems like all FG's other than Omega mode have this problem. Im thinking that it won't be a problem in SFV since they finally figured out how to fix it in Omega mode. It would be stupid of them not to.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm hyped as fuck for Monday. I hope they show a new character, and if the ice girl is a thing then I'm even more hype.

I miss being this excited for upcoming titles, thirsty for tidbits on small but significant changes, cropping out potentially meaningless fanservice in stage backgrounds to try and guess who's in and who isn't.

A lot of these previews sound a bit jaded that it isn't as fresh as when SFIV hit like a meteorite but it's just that exciting for me.

Azure J

I'm hyped as fuck for Monday. I hope they show a new character, and if the ice girl is a thing then I'm even more hype.

I miss being this excited for upcoming titles, thirsty for tidbits on small but significant changes, cropping out potentially meaningless fanservice in stage backgrounds to try and guess who's in and who isn't.

A lot of these previews sound a bit jaded that it isn't as fresh as when SFIV hit like a meteorite but it's just that exciting for me.

Yeah, E3 hype just kinda came into full swing only in the last two or so days for me, but I'm actively excited for a lot of things from different people.

jbug617

Banned

fuck all the teasing, I'm hoping for a UMvC3 website leak.

kirblar

A V-trigger letting someone go full Sub-Zero would be really really interesting.

Anne

Hmmm so it looks like the $500 pot bonus for Xrd at TCW was listed to only happen if the event got 32 entrants. Was only listed on the events FB page and nobody mentioned it, so even after they hyped it up at the event the guy who won just found out today.

I don't even know why I still try to play SF4. I'm getting progressively worse at this game. Can't even get past 300 PP without being up on people who've never played the game before today.

From that thread:

fchamp said:
Im bringing 3 Marvel setups at EVO my room is gonna be the SALTIEST OF ALL SUITES

Fchamp vs Dual Kevin FT15 for 1K - Confirmed

GoldenboyNeo vs CTRL.Unknown - FT15 for 500 - PZpoy confirmed

Marvelo vs Cloud805 FT10 - $50 - Confirmed

Quackbot vs Marvelo Ft 7 50$ - Confirmed

Fchamp vs Dietcoke420 - FT10 - $50 - confirmed

Fchamp vs Fullschedule - Need more info -

Fchamp vs Nemo 3 - I might be down

Also

fchamp said:
I got this new tech im saving muhahahahaha thats why im not streaming i cant wait to try it on Angelic / Flux and rayray

Top Bottom