• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The new Indian character should have cha as his/her particle effect. That's a stereotype I can get behind.

Also, I imagine the German character might be saved for Gamescom?

Lmao, it's cool man. No worries

Its gotta be the new FGW title tho.
I'm still gonna fight for 16 is barely ok

mbpm1

CHOQEBEUIAA1_Yx.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'd love to see a Darkstalkers character make it into SFV if Darkstalkers IV can't be a thing.
I wouldn't count it out. They made it a point that the Sony partnership gives them a lot of opportunities for post-launch support, so if SFV becomes a long-term platform with regular character releases, I can see them dipping into other IPs much like they have Final Fight.

vocab

Put Anakaris in there. While you are at it make him the only character to not have vtrigger. Also, give him multiple one frame links to deter people from playing him.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
what id really love to see/hear is an explanation as to why the hell square enix is involved with the game. dont tell me alternate dimensions will be a thing in the game cause then ono trolled us all saying he knew he messed up with SF4 story wise.

If something leaks by the weekend:

FGW | Urien for a treat

We got options this week, folks.

we're gonna get multiple character reveals for E3 (all of them new) and for EVO we'll get the oro and alex reveal. any avatar bets?

Dai101

Banned
Eh, why not, guest characters can be fun.*

*As long as they are balanced right, fit the aesthetics, and aren't version exclusive

I just don't see a Vampire character fitting in this kind of game. At least in the vs. series most of the gameplay is closer to the Vampire series than what SF is.

Put Anakaris in there. While you are at it make him the only character to not have vtrigger. Also, give him multiple one frame links to deter people from playing him.

Great. Not even in another game Anakaris can have a decent guard cancel.

Even if that was a cr. HP, maybe it still works from a DP. It'd be a pretty safe way to activate it if you're being pressured, or even if you want to pressure somebody. But lets say it is possible, I wonder if you can do juggle damage or you just have to wait until your opponent gets back up. That could be a consequence for activating it with that method. I would just not quick rise if I was the one that got hit by the DP into V trigger.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
We can't lock a thread title yet, it'll be a photo finish this week

there are going to be leaks everywhere. air couldnt keep his mouth shut and its only 3 days till sony's press conference. there will be leaks and we will all frolic naked in joy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
what id really love to see/hear is an explanation as to why the hell square enix is involved with the game. dont tell me alternate dimensions will be a thing in the game cause then ono trolled us all saying he knew he messed up with SF4 story wise.

we're gonna get multiple character reveals for E3 (all of them new) and for EVO we'll get the oro and alex reveal. any avatar bets?
No bets here, but the Squeenix thing is still throwing me off.

Logically I still think it's for a character released in a game from 2013, but I feel like it would have leaked alongside some of the other details. If you want to really tinfoil hat, maybe that ice girl is a minor character from a Squeenix game in 2013 that's being included in SFV because she's also in one of the many games Squeenix is announcing at E3. Maybe that game is the FFVII spin off. Maybe it's not even a girl..

68px-Sephiroth-ffvii-field.png

FSLink

Banned
I just don't see a Vampire character fitting in this kind of game. At least in the vs. series most of the gameplay is closer to the Vampire series than what SF is.

I agree but I don't mind seeing different interpretations of characters gameplay-wise.

Kagecchi's 2v2 tournament is looking pretty sick so far. Mago, Nishikin, Storm Kubo, Akimo, Nemo, Santarou, Tsuna, TKD, Itazan, Yossan, R, aiai, Misse, Vivi, Inco, Shiro, and a couple of other big names have signed up. There are 102 teams so far.

Tournament is this weekend.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I was expecting at least 3 character reveals. kinda dissapointing if this is true.

and lmao @ banana post.
We have 4 already, 2 at E3 is already making the dry spots between reveals longer and there is definitely going to be entire months with nothing approaching March. Capcom Cup and EVO are given for reveals, but there are also numerous big events in the summer that we could get reveals at (Gamescom, CEO, SDCC/NYCC) and potentially make things even more sparse the rest of the year

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
after evo, i think the last remaining characters will be revealed through videos randomly like bison and at the PSX event with possibly the biggest secret capcom might be holding out on us.

Top Bottom