• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

I hope he is in just so I can see this intro in it's full UE4 glory.

Complete with bulge physics.

His win animation is the goat.

igaA93QPDaiNg.gif

Is Minus still ass?

Just got home from work, updated USF4 PS4(which is pretty much identical to Xbox in input lag now), and bodied Cobalt for the first time ever in a FT5 :p

Now onto SFV news and videos. I watched some at work but which ones have actual decent players playing? The ones I saw was just typical newbie players jumping around and doing special moves randomly. Can't really get too excited about watching that stuff lol.

Just got home from work, updated USF4 PS4(which is pretty much identical to Xbox in input lag now), and bodied Cobalt for the first time ever in a FT5 :p

Now onto SFV news and videos. I watched some at work but which ones have actual decent players playing? The ones I saw was just typical newbie players jumping around and doing special moves randomly. Can't really get too excited about watching that stuff lol.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6ghGitgjwyTL4bxCte?start=0

mbpm1

Ignore all videos except this one tbh

Edit: Which KidA posted

It looks like F. Champ is going to be hosting a UMVC3 Money Match room at Evo, and it most likely it is going to be stream by Bifuteki!

Some of the confirmed/talked about match are:
  • Fchamp vs Dual Kevin FT15 for 1K - Confirmed
    GoldenboyNeo vs CTRL.Unknown - FT15 for 500 - PZpoy confirmed
    Cloud805 vs PZPOY FT10 - $500 - Confirmed
    Fchamp vs Mixup - 200 - 300 FT10 - Confirmed
    Marvelo vs Cloud805 FT10 - $50 - Confirmed
    Quackbot vs Marvelo Ft 7 50$ - Confirmed
    Fchamp vs Dietcoke420 - FT10 - $50 - confirmed
    Fchamp vs Fullschedule - Need more info -
    Fchamp vs Nemo 3 - I might be down
    Fchamp vs anyone - Let me know the set and amount

Here is the link to show that there is more then F. Champ playing, Mixup, Angelic, KillerKai, and more are going to take part in MMs there, ITS MAHVEL BABY!

http://www.reddit.com/r/MvC3/comments/39h7iu/evo_2015_money_match_thread_call_them_out_and/?sort=new

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
『Inaba Resident』;167431329 said:

And? I don't see how bad it implied anything?

I meant there are huge Banana Plantations in South America and Africa, so I have weird thoughts that we would have a fighter that worked at Banana Farm.

Also there is a rumor that someone said that we are getting newcomer from South America (Brazil) and someone from Africa.

You tryna say Africans/South Americans are monkeys bruh

accidentally

Ah fuck me. I didn't meant to imply anything about it. I feel so stupid about that now.

Ignore all videos except this one tbh

Edit: Which KidA posted

Thanks guys, I just finished watching it. Just a thought, but it looks like invincible reversals like DP's can still be made safe if you activate V trigger. The one I saw had Ryu hit Chun Li with a DP, but activating V Trigger didn't cause her to pop up in the air. At least that's what it looks like. Maybe it doesn't work on block but if it does then the possibility of safe reversals are still there. Although this would be quite a expensive way to use it.

Horseress

Thanks guys, I just finished watching it. Just a thought, but it looks like invincible reversals like DP's can still be made safe if you activate V trigger. The one I saw had Ryu hit Chun Li with a DP, but activating V Trigger didn't cause her to pop up in the air. At least that's what it looks like. Maybe it doesn't work on block but if it does then the possibility of safe reversals are still there. Although this would be quite a expensive way to use it.

It works on block, I saw it on another video

mbpm1

Almost positive this is the case.

I'm fine cos the meter usage is so restricted though. Gotta keep an eye on the meters.

Edit: Cr. Hp, I was wrong

Thulius

What about Remy? Or Twelve?

You guys

Please.

https://twitter.com/captrancas/status/609103720647913474

Judging by this tweet it's probably a cr.HP or something.

Sayad

That banana is probably referencing Blanka, he has to be one of the first 16 characters because no one is going to pay for DLC Blanka.

Skab

That wasn't a DP from Ryu. It's a close normal attack being canceled. Fierce, I think?

Also, the CM from Capcom Brazil told Max those types of cancels aren't possible in the current build.

Edit: Beat

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
but.. a significant amount of banana production comes from Africa and Central America tho

India and China too, apparently. Temperate climates! The more you know!

I think people are not going to let it go for awhile here, right? >.>

I never imagine that I would accidentally made a racist remark here. I'm really sorry. I TRULY AM! >.<

What happened:

I was just looking at this picture,

0xmUXD3.jpg

then I recalled the rumors about newcomers which came from other thread

tl;dr: RUMOR (which I believe is true) French VS fighting commentator seems to have info about SFV. Launch date 2016. No new versions, just updates. 4 new characters: Rachid (Africa), Zen (India), Laura (Brasil) and one more. New mechanic called V-trigger.

Just now, I forget all about India. So we could have a character that might have a work-related with banana business, or they could be simply a huge banana fan. A character that could use a banana in the moveset.

Yeah, we might have Smash's Diddy Kong-esque character in Street Fighter V that might control the space with the bananas.

I don't meant to imply anything otherwise. I'm REALLY REALLLLY SORRY ABOUT THAT!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
those money matches are gonna be free for champ. not one person is going to beat him if it isnt a wolverine player. other than that, 2 characters for evo sounds about right. I'm feeling like 3-4 will be announced at E3 for SFV. All of them newcomers. Returnees will be for the ravenous crowds at EVO who know the oldcomers.

edit:

intelliheath its cool, no ones suspects you to be a racist. count will probably be the only one to take a light jab at you lol

Sayad

It's not, you get to do it at least once per round, and it's not like you wasted your VT, you just activated it and now you get to use it as you normaly would, in fact, if that make it to the final game, it would probably be the preferred way to activate VT, even if you're on offense.

Onemic

I think people are not going to let it go for awhile here, right? >.>

I never imagine that I would accidentally made a racist remark here. I'm really sorry. I TRULY AM! >.<

What happened:

I was just looking at this picture,

0xmUXD3.jpg

then I recalled the rumors about newcomers which came from other thread

Just now, I forget all about India. So we could have a character that might have a work-related with Banana, or they could be simply a huge banana fan. A character that could use a banana in the moveset.

I don't meant to imply anything otherwise. I'm REALLY REALLLLY SORRY ABOUT THAT!

Lmao, it's cool man. No worries

Its gotta be the new FGW title tho.

Top Bottom