• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

TheChits

d0530c11ee6acd58b5468a529e62d4b1.jpg

I love Larry David lol

jerry1594

Arcade is looking shaky right now. It might be Sony's magic ticket to console sales in Japan.
or the Japanese will finally wake up and build a PC

Don't you understand?

Randumbs from japan are good enough to enter American majors and win! Why would you alienate those players?

/emil

There are a lot of Arcade only players. Also tournaments in Japan are 90% of the time ran in arcades. Either way, the Japanese community will suffer from it. Guys like Daigo and Nemo don't get their practice from just playing Tokido, Momochi, etc.. on console. A lot of their practice comes from the arcades because the players that go to arcades are good players.

On twitter I've noticed random Japanese users saying they probably won't play SF5 unless it's in the arcades.

Capcom pls

Doesn't matter, new players will emerge to replace the ones that started with SF4. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see a arcade release so those guys can train up and we can watch random shit that gets uploaded to youtube. But if it doesn't happen then so be it. The current Japanese pros will play it, plenty of top players will play it, and tons of randoms will play it. I'm pretty sure we'll have 16'ers who end up being legit threats in this game.

Doesn't matter, new players will emerge to replace the ones that started with SF4. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see a arcade release so those guys can train up and we can watch random shit that gets uploaded to youtube. But if it doesn't happen then so be it. The current Japanese pros will play it, plenty of top players will play it, and tons of randoms will play it. I'm pretty sure we'll have 16'ers who end up being legit threats in this game.

Players will still play it, but the scene will lose players which is always a negative. You want the userbase to grow so the overall level gets raised and potentially newer players rise. Like I said, the arcade is one of the ways for the players over there to interact with one another and get motivated to compete in tournaments.

Mr. X

like i said that is stil a crouch tech os, you are both blocking low and teching a throw, the difference is what you whiff if opponent delays his attack.

It eliminates that crLK+tech OS. Throw whiffing is riskier than a whiffed crLK and gives a smaller reward on hit than a crLK. Forced to stand to tech throws would be ideal but I'll take this over crLK+tech.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
tgs sounds like a good time to announce the arcade version of the game. just sounds like too much work tbh, how would updates work? im assuming all the cabs are connected to servers

Dai101

Banned
tgs sounds like a good time to announce the arcade version of the game. just sounds like too much work tbh, how would updates work? im assuming all the cabs are connected to servers

Yeah. Pretty much how konami upgrades their arcades (and fucks over the ones not in japan)

Mr. X

yea it's like 0.3 ms more but still very good.

16.67ms would 1f

Being 0.3ms off means PS4 USF4 is identical to 360 now. Huzzah! (I don't trust display lag though)

Did they fix the additional lag when using the PS3 stick on PS4 too?

zlatko

Banned
On twitter I've noticed random Japanese users saying they probably won't play SF5 unless it's in the arcades.

Capcom pls

IKB69pa.gif

Yeah right. Gimme a break. When the money is through the roof I want to see which pro Japanese player will NOT compete. Buncha cry baby fucks. :/

Just take your damn ps4 and shove it in a cabinet to set it up.

Problem solved.

smurfx

get some go again
god i really hope haggar is in the game. i'm really leaning towards getting a ps4 for sf5 but haggar would make me take it seriously. since it has crossplay i look forward to playing everybody on here. any word on how player matches will work though? can i on a ps4 invite a pc user to play? or can we only play if they match us up randomly?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
IKB69pa.gif

Yeah right. Gimme a break. When the money is through the roof I want to see which pro Japanese player will NOT compete. Buncha cry baby fucks. :/

Just take your damn ps4 and shove it in a cabinet to set it up.

Problem solved.

You don't understand they cant afford to play on a console they can only afford to play at arcades that cost 10x as much in the long run.

Honestly though losing out on the ability to play others at arcades hurts growth quite a bit

Shouta

There's a lot reasons why JP players play at the arcades. Cost of system + proper monitor + net is one thing but arcades are one of the few places where they can gather and play. Not many places you can use to bring setups and sit down on play on consoles like in the US.

mbpm1

There's a lot reasons why JP players play at the arcades. Cost of system + proper monitor + net is one thing but arcades are one of the few places where they can gather and play. Not many places you can use to bring setups and sit down on play on consoles like in the US.
Them tiny JP apartments

Top Bottom