• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 9-15 | Q Bomb is Top Tier

10_mknewchar02.jpg

I wonder if it's nuShinnok.

I have to disappear for a bit - tutoring. I hope to see great things about MKX. I will be here for GGXrd! :-D

I think Pac-Man could easily have a great moveset. You could have a mode where he turns 2D and can sharply move up/down/left/right from short periods at a time, making him dangerous within a certain range. On top of that, you can build an easy resource game based on his power-ups and/or implement a Hakan-like oiling system that gives him a speed boost from ingesting fruits. You can pull normals and smashes from the 3D games. I just made this up now and I'm already more interested than what we got today.

EDIT: And I really have no personal affinity or nostalgia for the character either.
Going 2D mode and turning all of the opponents into ghosts for 1-hit eat kills will probably be his final smash.

You're seriously more interested in a guy that runs fast and attacks than what Palutena's moveset showed? I can't take that seriously Enzo!

Pac-Man will be in the game, but I bet he will be used less than Mario.

All times PDT

Tuesday 6/10
11:40am - Killer Instinct S2 on IGN
2:00pm - Ultra Street Fighter IV on Capcom Unity
3:00pm - Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- on GameSpot (GameSpot Stage)
3:40pm - Killer Instinct S2 on GameSpot (GameSpot Stage)
4:00pm - Super Smash Bros. Invitational on Twitch

Wednesday 6/11
11:40am - Killer Instinct S2 on Twitch
12:20pm - Super Smash Bros. WiiU & 3DS on GameSpot (Samsung Stage)
2:00pm - Ultra Street Fighter IV on Capcom Unity
2:40pm - Mortal Kombat X on IGN

Thursday 6/12
11:40am - Mortal Kombat X on GameSpot (Samsung Stage)

That was all I could find. Let me know if I missed anything.
Thank you kindly! Lots of MKX. I wonder if we'll get a reveal every day.

Anything that's in the game, I want well-represented. The problem is that Pac-Man doesn't really have a consistent identity. He has a goddamn mech in SFxT!

To be fair, given Bad Box Art Megaman, I'm pretty sure being "well represented" was something they were actively avoiding with the guest mascot characters

CurlyW

Well, that's disappointing. Anything interesting shown? At least more context to how TJ Combo plays?

Nothing really. There was plenty of footage, but since it was just Dave Lang (no Keits), they didn't really go in-depth into the character.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Okay, so thanks to CurlyW's work, I think I've compiled everything Fighting-game related at E3 with links. This will be added to OP very shortly so you don't have to hunt down this post and so you might remember these threads' OPs are informative from time to time.

USF4 just came out, GG is out in a few months, Smash is looking hype as hell, KI is getting more content. This is going to be an excellent year for the FGC.

damn deckard why you gotta do that

People took stuff I said completely out of context. Think I was pretending that I have insider info or some crap. Truth is they're are nutz if they think the game is going to be Demon's Souls 2.

If you look at the one tiny bit of gameplay we see a character leaping 10 feet backwards after a slash & firing a shot off at a mob of enemies. It's clear the game is going in a more action route based in that one clip. Add to that the emphisis on the weapons clearly designed to be multiwielded and "cool", not just throw away equip & the fact they specifically chose a new IP over continuing the Demon's Souls name points to the fact this game is NOT a Souls Game/Sucessor to Demon's.

Everyone wants it to be but they are going to end up disappointed. It's like whenever Kamiya has a new game people are always touting it as the spiritual successor to one of his other games when it is something new entirely.

If gamers had their way developers would be stuck making sequels to the same game forever. Look at poor Kojima, guy can't work on anything else & fans would riot if he did.

I think Bloodbounde is going to be OD. Remove lots of the grinding & fat from the Souls games & just be straight solid great action RPG with no fluff.

Oh & can't wait for XRD Demo!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone link me to the Bridget trailer? Just got home.

Busaiku?

kirblar

I did not know Aaron Rodgers and Olivia Munn are dating. Somewhere Greg is crying his ass off.
Is it possible for a man to have two beards? Let us ask Ancient Aliens guy.

I'm amazed at the GG crew whipping themselves up into a frenzy that will only end in tears. :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Frenzy of hype over what? Bridget? No one seriously cares about Bridget unless they want something to fap to. If we get any new character its gonna be Sin for the obvious choice, and most likely Johnny. It would be nice to get Jam or Dizzy but they said Jam was busy with her resteruant at this point with no reason to go out and do stuff and Dizzy is currently on lockdown in a crystal

Yup the new character will probably be Sin. Since he's already done in game and that he has a huge importance in the new GG storyline. I want johnny. :(

Anne

I actually play Bridget because I love the yo-yo stuff. Being cute is a plus. Idk why people are expecting anything besides a playable build. Even when the last character slot is filled it'll more than likely just be S.I.N.

The Buri begging is getting more annoying than the Dee Jay whining at this point.

Edit: some of this is left over frustration from reading the Dustloop Xrd thread which has had its fair share of whining.

Astarte

Frenzy of hype over what? Bridget? No one seriously cares about Bridget unless they want something to fap to. If we get any new character its gonna be Sin for the obvious choice, and most likely Johnny. It would be nice to get Jam or Dizzy but they said Jam was busy with her resteruant at this point with no reason to go out and do stuff and Dizzy is currently on lockdown in a crystal

I like playing Bridget, but I can actually sort of win with Baiken or Jam. Maybe once in a blue moon at the beginning of a set when people don't know I faceroll my stick.

I actually play Bridget because I love the yo-yo stuff. Being cute is a plus. Idk why people are expecting anything besides a playable build. Even when the last character slot is filled it'll more than likely just be S.I.N.

The Buri begging is getting more annoying than the Dee Jay whining at this point.

Edit: some of this is left over frustration from reading the Dustloop Xrd thread which has had its fair share of whining.

you going to badc annel?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

I'm just teasing Busaiku my bad :x

because I'm of the same opinion. I don't expect any character announcements here, let alone 2 or whatever number people are hyping up.

If we get more than one character they will be announced spread apart on famitsu or something leading up to release. No bombs are being dropped at E3 for this game.

Top Bottom